Posted (edited)

I just assumed it was hand shaking... until holding breath with shift.. so intentional.  but the second video does look like hes been on an all night bender the night before!

Edited by embecmom

I noticed this a few months ago and thought maybe I just had not noticed it before. 

Some maps are fine and others the scope is just so jittery. I have no idea what causes it. 

On 4/12/2018 at 11:20 AM, embecmom said:

I just assumed it was hand shaking... until holding breath with shift.. so intentional.  but the second video does look like hes been on an all night bender the night before!

Definitely, it's just not right.

On 4/13/2018 at 8:44 AM, Roble said:

I noticed this a few months ago and thought maybe I just had not noticed it before. 

Some maps are fine and others the scope is just so jittery. I have no idea what causes it. 

Yep I've noticed it is definitely worse on some maps.

Still an issue in v11, again it only seems to happen with some medium range scopes. 

I can't believe there has been no fix for this in over 2 years. All the people who said it would be fixed with the "new v10 animations" were obviously completely wrong.

5 minutes ago, _randombullet said:

Maybe a dev could comment on it at the least?

You would have thought so after all this time. 

Posted (edited)

Just tried the exact same scope on Sumari and it's super smooth, must be more of a map issue. 

Edited by RipGroove

Posted (edited)

The 1P78 on the PKP does this too (on the AK's possibly too but haven't used them recently), on Gorodok, with the pixelated environment for me and the particular lighting it was pretty atrocious. Combined with the screen jar from the recoil even when deployed (exaggerated if you ask me) made it less than ideal for it's intended purpose.

Edited by Nimbus

Posted (edited)

Yeah it's definitely map/scope specific, hitting a medium/long range head shot is near impossible. I mean I get really good performance now (100+fps at 3440x1440 highest settings with SMAA) and some maps and scopes are super smooth but some just give me this very granular jittery aim, obviously the game is capable of being silky smooth so why are just some maps giving this issue?

I really can't believe it hasn't been addressed yet, if I was new to Squad and my first game acted like that I'd refund it right away. 

Edited by RipGroove