CptDirty

Freelook + NoHUD = Look down to see magazines left on vest?

4 hours ago, CptDirty said:

Is this doable? Is this something people want? 

This would be pretty bad-ass in terms of immersion, and assuming draw calls don't end up being an issue, could be possible code wise. If it was going to be networked that adds another layer on top but still not really that much of a drama IMO. 

Posted (edited)

In before all these arcade kitties come screaming "this is not a milsim!".

Great idea!

Edited by Rainmaker

I love freelooking down and watching the lmg/mg reloading animations, so very satisfying :)

That would be awesome! You would have less info on your ammo though, specially if you are the guy who keeps reloading after 4 or 5 shots. That could be a good thing though.

I thought of a problem with this though. How would you do it with MG belt boxes and RPGs? You don't carry those on your vest...

2 hours ago, Vegetal said:

I thought of a problem with this though. How would you do it with MG belt boxes and RPGs? You don't carry those on your vest...

RPG's: On a full loadout you'll have 3 in total. 1x Fragmentation and 2x HEAT. Turning your head to the left would reveal the tip of the RPG's you are carrying on your back for one kind and turning the head to the right would reveal the other kind. This can be played around with and tinkered but I think it's doable. If the rockets are slightly "tiltet outward" when on the character's back they should appear on the extremities of the player's screen as he turns his characters head from furthest left to the furthest right. 

Try turning your head to see the back of your shoulders. That's what I think would work.

Same can be applied for HEAT.

LAW's are unrealistic and should be a 1 shot as they are irl anyway...or replace them with the Carl Gustav...

MG belt:

2d8ndps.jpg

just because I can't think of a way for MG's lol....

This idea would make the screen so clean during gameply... and then they fix the bloody tags (make server setting hardcore so no tags are on if server host wishes it) and its golden.

Posted (edited)

Great idea! Love things like this, makes the game more slowpaced and deeper.

A way to do it could be as it works in VR shooter games, you look down on your vest and small "rings" of info/slots is shown, since that is doable it should be possible to implement in Squad. 

Edited by Talldudessj

I really like the idea of removing HUD clutter and a freelook to look down a check physical ammo sounds very good in principal. It should work very nicely for the US forces with visible ammo pouches but not sure how it would pan out with all the other factions, especially the insurgents with their haphazard rigs. I guess the current HUD ammo check eliminates a lot of those kind of issues. If when freelooking down you just see a colour graphic, indicating capacity, wrapped around your waist similar to what we have now for every faction I could see that working. I guess it's more about cleaning the HUD and making a conscious effort to ammo check more than anything else.