Sign in to follow this  
virusman

How long till it die ?

just wondering with this beta stage going for a while .  ( but to be honest for people there no difference if it beta or full release ... its just a label ) 

they get bored after time . even if the game is will get  fully  "RELEASED" but looks like the beta they already been playing for a while they wont come back  .

Made me think for how long you think this game will hold ?  .

i mean look at battlefield peek around 2-3 years .

PR peek hold up for around 5  years . and now slowly dieing . 

but any way i give this game 2 more years

The game will die when something better with the same goal in mind comes out. If this happens, it's going to take a long time for Squad.

Battlefield loses its peak because a new iteration of it comes out every couple years and the only thing keeping people to the game is a carrot on a stick with the unlocking now.

Squad is taking on that PR feel but still hasn't transferred all of it.

No where close. 

Armour,  Helo's other air assets Expanded map modes, other factions. 50:50 players. Larger maps. There is always going to be  peaks and troughs, think the animations reworking took longer than any one expected.  The next year going to be the big one, if it can deliver.  But everyone has their own thoughts of what the game should be and where its going. 

35 minutes ago, Smee said:

No where close. 

Armour,  Helo's other air assets Expanded map modes, other factions. 50:50 players. Larger maps. There is always going to be  peaks and troughs, think the animations reworking took longer than any one expected.  The next year going to be the big one, if it can deliver.  But everyone has their own thoughts of what the game should be and where its going. 

maybe be true . but i dont think people will stay that long ... even me when i started to play PR 0.3 and i was best game i 3v3r played i got bored of the core game and came back at 0.5 then at 0.85 and after 1.0 ever 2 months . 
people getting tired of same stuff even if u spice it with some candy every half a year

Die? You said Die...

I say...It has only began!.:P

I do agree that gamers of this day and age just jump to whatever is the Hype,not like the good Old player who still play PR or like myself JointOperations/DeltaForce for 15yrs +.

You just can't get Loyalty this days....

This HardCore fanbase will keep Squad alive for many more year's to come...:D

39 minutes ago, Smee said:

No where close. 

That is the same as another game adding expansions at this point.

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, _randombullet said:

That is the same as another game adding expansions at this point.

shhhh ............EA is around the corner watching

Edited by virusman

Posted (edited)

Bf game is just popular becouse it has multiple bf games and when ever thay announce the new one people say woow it will be great and pre order it but the game sucked (for me at least) on bf3 where i stoped playing it.

And i love squad style type of game friends i make while playing,praticing my English as well learning a bit Ukrainian now becouse UA guys i play with.

On bf games when you add bf2 and bf3 i have like 1,400 hours played and in squad alone i have now after not even a full year of playing it 980 hours .

I will say squad will hardly die that fast i hope it never will but with updates and improvements it will last long time.

Edited by Bahrein

1 hour ago, virusman said:

shhhh ............EA is around the corner watching

I am right here watching buddy... :ph34r:

well, I play old games a lot:

doom and doom2 (1993), duke nukem (1995), quake (1996), medal of honor: AA (2001), warcraft3 (2002), PR (2005), Command and Conquer: RA (2008) and others, as well as being fan of old arcade games: 70s, 80s and 90s

and currently the only new game that I play a lot is Squad (for the most time, sometimes I play Day of Infamy, etc)

and what makes me play older games is the fact that new games (since the mid 2000s) suck so much

I will not explain all the problems I see in them, in comparison to games of the past, but I like the fact that Squad is most going in the wrong direction in comparison the every major game that is released today

so I know Squad will not die soon, but I still want to see LAN support DEVs :D

1 hour ago, Xx-RAGING-DEATH-xX said:

Die? You said Die...

I say...It has only began!.:P

I do agree that gamers of this day and age just jump to whatever is the Hype,not like the good Old player who still play PR or like myself JointOperations/DeltaForce for 15yrs +.

You just can't get Loyalty this days....

This HardCore fanbase will keep Squad alive for many more year's to come...:D

Agree.

I also think that in the squad community there are a lot tolerant folks towards the young crowd (for the most part) that comes in and don't get crapped on for having a high pitched voice. Giving the younger crowd a spotlight as SL definitely helps with player retention. 

Why dont you put some stuff like that when v10 was in testing on the weekend and when the v10 was out?

Theres alot of features that will hurt this game in the long run. The Devs not pushing for fixed wing aircraft will be a big one for sure, at least for me it will be. That and they arent very transparent with the community. 

2 minutes ago, Ep1cOblivion said:

Theres alot of features that will hurt this game in the long run. The Devs not pushing for fixed wing aircraft will be a big one for sure, at least for me it will be. That and they arent very transparent with the community. 

I think the game is fine without aircraft. I think the devs could be a little more involved beyond the monthly update. I kinda feel like the hype is over and the hardcore fans are the ones keeping it afloat though. Twitch viewership numbers are down. The monthly player totals are stagnant right now if not slowly dwindling. For the amount charged for an alpha, i would think Squad would be much, much more progressed by now. The money is there.

Playerbase spiked quite a bit with V10, I won't say it's dying. If anything, too many new players are a problem

6 hours ago, Gopblin said:

Playerbase spiked quite a bit with V10, I won't say it's dying. If anything, too many new players are a problem

The spikes seem to be getting smaller but it does seem that the average daily players is rising little by little which is good news :) 

http://steamcharts.com/app/393380#All

From Reddit AMA...

http://joinsquad.com/readArticle?articleId=262

Q: Do you plan to develop and support Squad for a long time and make it the best it can be after launch like you did for years on Project Reality or would you rather move on to another new project after EA? - Cellandine

A: It really depends on how well the game keeps selling in the next couple years. A big difference between where we're at now that is different from Project Reality is that we have a team of developers who make a living off OWI, and we have to make sure their company sticks around.
That said regardless of whether Squad does or doesn't keep selling well after we exit Early Access, we do have a baseline amount of features and content we will be doing after launch. Picture version 1.1, 1.2, etc.
All of that said, many of our developers would love to keep having Squad be an organic game with a long lifespan that we keep working on. There certainly are devs on the team who would like to work on new stuff as well (after four years on working on the same thing I think this is reasonable), so I would also expect some new titles out of OWI as well once Squad is complete.

Yep, we're not going anywhere. We're still seeing steady growth and steady sales. We've got plans for Squad for a while. Someone is going to give me a tank, damnit. =)

We've talked about Offworld Core in the past too; it's the technology that Squad is based on and can be utilized by other gaming companies like Periscope Games is doing with Post Scriptum. It's also a neat way to expose OWI code to a wider, innovative audience if you ask me -- something that's likely to pay dividends for everyone using it. (Player or otherwise.)

We should crowd fund TV/youtube promotion adverts of some kind. I simply didn't know about this game. It just has 0 exposure beyond a small niche of gamers. This is the best FPS game I have ever played by a country mile, I only got it because someone I know got it for free and told me about it.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, TheGenera1 said:

We should crowd fund TV/youtube promotion adverts of some kind. I simply didn't know about this game. It just has 0 exposure beyond a small niche of gamers. This is the best FPS game I have ever played by a country mile, I only got it because someone I know got it for free and told me about it.

Agreed. Marketing could be a little better. Ive asked many friends if they have heard of Squad, all nope.

Edited by _randombullet

18 hours ago, TheGenera1 said:

we should not crown fund . 
this is not some a free game . you pay money to play it and the company should advertise with there money . 

do you make crowd fund youtube for battlefield 4 too ?

TV advertising is pointless unless you're doing a global thing and you're still going to miss the vast majority of players outside the "kiddie" demographic (my guess)

can't see Youtube working much better tbh.

A FaceBook blitz would prolly work better.

On 07/03/2018 at 5:40 AM, _randombullet said:

Ive asked many friends if they have heard of Squad, all nope

i've also had to tell friends about it due to it not automatically popping onto thier radar via YouTube or Facebook or whatever. here in Aus we only get TV spots for "top-shelf AAA" games (BF, CoD(once i think), FIFA) and it's far, far from common. we have to rely on word of mouth and web searching most of the time.

i heard about Squad through the Novlogic forums and only becasue i decided on the spur of the moment to visit after many months (mainly to see any apdates about DF:Angel Falls) - i stumbled on it.

9 hours ago, virusman said:

we should not crown fund . 
this is not some a free game . you pay money to play it and the company should advertise with there money . 

do you make crowd fund youtube for battlefield 4 too ?

why do people keep drawing comparisons between OWI and top-tier-AAA corporations? do you really think OWI is swimming in money so much they can splurge on commercial advertising?