Goulagtime

Russian 30 mm too OP ?

Posted (edited)

you won't.

for every 30mm there are two mraps and a stryker to counter.

giiit guuud

Edited by Randall172

Yeah a lot of the guys he butchered were being dumbasses. Not really a case of OP-ness, as I could have done that with an MRAP and just buggered out when heavier armor showed up, just to pop up again later and continue the slaughter.

Americans will have assets to counter the BTR eventually. Heck I think the Bradley model was even teased. So yea, its OP right now although with 10.1 the absolute domination of two well used 30mm will be seriously diminished. 

On 04/03/2018 at 1:05 PM, Goulagtime said:

Hi all, when do we'll get the LAV 25 to counter the 30mm ?

THE REPAIR SYSTEM IS OP!
We need repair kit dropped by TRUCKS like as PR!

19 hours ago, Tennessee said:

Americans will have assets to counter the BTR eventually. Heck I think the Bradley model was even teased. So yea, its OP right now although with 10.1 the absolute domination of two well used 30mm will be seriously diminished. 

They already do. Just not 1-1. But on every map where the RUS get the 30mm BTR, the US gets multiple MRAPs/Strikers. They just need to work together, either with other vehicles or with infantry support.

12 minutes ago, Ti0mat said:

They already do. Just not 1-1. But on every map where the RUS get the 30mm BTR, the US gets multiple MRAPs/Strikers. They just need to work together, either with other vehicles or with infantry support.

Yea there is a counter, I do 30mm hunters all the time. But it takes a ton of assets and coordination along or a bit of luck to stand a chance. That is exactly why its OP, because you have one two man team that if they are good, requires a disproportionate amount to stop. Its not game breaking (although some of the maps with two 30mm certainly felt so at times) but that doesn't mean it isn't OP. None of this really matters because US has more armor coming down the pipeline (not to mention AT4). 

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, Tennessee said:

Yea there is a counter, I do 30mm hunters all the time. But it takes a ton of assets and coordination along or a bit of luck to stand a chance. That is exactly why its OP, because you have one two man team that if they are good, requires a disproportionate amount to stop. Its not game breaking (although some of the maps with two 30mm certainly felt so at times) but that doesn't mean it isn't OP. None of this really matters because US has more armor coming down the pipeline (not to mention AT4). 

No it doesn't. It takes 2 strikers or 1 striker and an MRAP to handle the 30mm. Or you get a couple of LAT hits on him first. That's not a "ton of assets and coordination". Especially when for the most part, vehicles go along predictable paths.

We frequently play maps with the 30mm, and while it's something we have to be weary of, it's not usually a big deal - you just need vehicle support. And as others have said... those in the video above were playing like idiots. At no point did any vehicle work together to handle him. The one that also killed him was working alone. That said the strikers should be wolf packing it anyway. I think the hardest map is Chora/Chora2 where the US just gets 1 striker vs the RU BTR and 30mm. Then you need to really be smart about it and hope that you get help (inf/MRAPs). But the rest of the maps easily give you enough assets to handle the problem - if you work together.

But otherwise, you just wolfpack the strikers and you own everything on the map. Which is what you should be doing anyway and that includes RU with the BTR/30mm. Everyone breaks those off and sends them out alone. Keep them together with a smart driver/gunner and you're very very hard to deal with. Doc's office are masters at this on Yeho1 as the RU. Almost a guarantee that they'll own you vehicle wise due to how they wolfpack all 3 of those BTRs together.

Edited by Ti0mat

Wanted to drop in to say that a lot of the current values will be adjusted as A) more vehicles get introduced, especially tanks -- APCs will have less of the double role they do now, and B) Positional damage is going to throw some monkey wrenches into the mix too.

Definitely hearing you about the 30mm though -- and the designers are listening too. =)

3 hours ago, Ti0mat said:

No it doesn't. It takes 2 strikers or 1 striker and an MRAP to handle the 30mm. Or you get a couple of LAT hits on him first. That's not a "ton of assets and coordination". Especially when for the most part, vehicles go along predictable paths.

We frequently play maps with the 30mm, and while it's something we have to be weary of, it's not usually a big deal - you just need vehicle support. And as others have said... those in the video above were playing like idiots. At no point did any vehicle work together to handle him. The one that also killed him was working alone. That said the strikers should be wolf packing it anyway. I think the hardest map is Chora/Chora2 where the US just gets 1 striker vs the RU BTR and 30mm. Then you need to really be smart about it and hope that you get help (inf/MRAPs). But the rest of the maps easily give you enough assets to handle the problem - if you work together.

But otherwise, you just wolfpack the strikers and you own everything on the map. Which is what you should be doing anyway and that includes RU with the BTR/30mm. Everyone breaks those off and sends them out alone. Keep them together with a smart driver/gunner and you're very very hard to deal with. Doc's office are masters at this on Yeho1 as the RU. Almost a guarantee that they'll own you vehicle wise due to how they wolfpack all 3 of those BTRs together.

I'm not saying you are unable to defeat it, I am saying its OP because of the amount of assets and coordination you have to throw against it to when. Yes the US has access to those, but you are also taking into account a perfect situation. I have a team coordinating (hit or miss), nothing else goes wrong (they aren't the only things on the maps that my vics have to worry about), 30mm intel is good, I can get all my vehicles (if I have that many under my command) and lats into a perfect firing position, etc. vs. one asset with only two people who if they play smart will almost never expose themselves to that situation.

It is certainly doable as I have said in my previous post, I do it all the time and quite frankly enjoy the asymmetric aspect of it, but that isn't the point. Its not about "get good," its about is the asset OP currently.  It is and it should be, its a 30mm. They balanced the maps in 10.1 so it won't be nearly as much of an issue. Plus, as Gatzby said, its a mute point with new assets coming down the pipeline. 

On 5/3/2018 at 4:27 PM, danielritual said:

THE REPAIR SYSTEM IS OP!
We need repair kit dropped by TRUCKS like as PR!

Yes or the combat engineer with the repair tools

Well, US has the best infantry weapons and medium vehicles ingame, Rus has best heavy vehicle, INS and MIL have more tickets and LATs... Its balanced, even if individual assets are not. If anything, US appears to be slightly stronger than other factions, but map design often counteracts that (e.g. US only ever lose on Basra because they have to get into the city; if INS started on US side, US would win 100% of Basra games)

On 3/4/2018 at 9:05 AM, Goulagtime said:

Hi all, when do we'll get the LAV 25 to counter the 30mm ?

Well we won't see LAVs till we get USMC because the US Army doesn't use them. The problem I see is that we don't really have a counter for the BTR-82A irl right now. The army uses strykers with .50 and 40mm GL turrets, but nothing like the 30mm autocannon. Closest thing I can think of is a Bradley and I bet they'll add those along with BMPs for Russia 

16 minutes ago, jellyswim said:

Well we won't see LAVs till we get USMC because the US Army doesn't use them. The problem I see is that we don't really have a counter for the BTR-82A irl right now. The army uses strykers with .50 and 40mm GL turrets, but nothing like the 30mm autocannon. Closest thing I can think of is a Bradley and I bet they'll add those along with BMPs for Russia 

US needs AT4 or Gustav for their version of heavy AT

1 hour ago, _randombullet said:

US needs AT4

If someone had been paying attention to the latest announcements...