There are always some trees that are frustating because of their positions : somes that block the vehicules will going up or down a hill. It can open new places to create fobs. Give MG more view. Landing positions for futur choppers.

Will there be any possiblites that we can cut trees some day ?

4 hours ago, Bonnie Money said:

There are always some trees that are frustating because of their positions : somes that block the vehicules will going up or down a hill. It can open new places to create fobs. Give MG more view. Landing positions for futur choppers.

Will there be any possiblites that we can cut trees some day ?

Cutting tress is somewhat like environmental destruction , so it might be very resource intensive , and for now we have more important features to bring to the game , like functional 100 player servers , smoother framerate and net code - which are just as taxing .

So maybe as a lower proirity later down the line , although i personally really doubt it . 

I don't see it happening.  It is an optimization nightmare and will have a rather minute impact on the big picture.  I think the more important feature be penetrable trees from certain calibers.  

Interesting suggestion, apc getting stuck in at a thin tree with an apc can get somewhat immersion breaking but as location said we have to get better optimization , 100 players , fix the pacing and meatgrinders and a lot of that.

Posted (edited)

I agree its annoying a big chunk of steel gets stopped by small objects.

They should disable collision with smaller objects such as small trees, bushes, small fences only for vechicles. 

This would be super easy to implement.

Destructible props are doable as long as you don't introduce any real physics over the net. 

But this solution is a no brainer. 

Edited by SirrCharles

Posted (edited)
On 3/4/2018 at 9:57 AM, SirrCharles said:

I agree its annoying a big chunk of steel gets stopped by small objects.

They should disable collision with smaller objects such as small trees, bushes, small fences only for vechicles. 

This would be super easy to implement.

Destructible props are doable as long as you don't introduce any real physics over the net. 

But this solution is a no brainer. 

A twig won't stop a bullet, but will make it fly wildly off course. The game already has too much brush penetration tbh, realistically you can't fire 5.56 through a brush and hit what you're aiming at. People who hunt animals in bush use big, slow, flat-nosed hunting cartridges.

Edited by Gopblin

3 hours ago, Gopblin said:

A twig won't stop a bullet, but will make it fly wildly off course. The game already has too much brush penetration tbh, realistically you can't fire 5.56 through a brush and hit what you're aiming at. People who hunt animals in bush use big, slow, flat-nosed hunting cartridges.

Think they are referring to vehicles moving through not small arms fire.