LuxCapere

Game Tweaks and Suggestions/Requests (Well Thought Out Discussion)

I've been playing the game lately and have come across somethings I would really like to see in game/think should be tweaked/improved. I am going to jot down my list with a few explanations if needed per topic.

Everyone, please read my ideas and comment/discuss, and I encourage you to post your own in this thread as well! Who knows, maybe a dev will come across your idea and like it/think it's a good idea! - Lux 

Lux's Input 3/2/2018 

(forgive me if some or even all of these are in the works, I'm just impatient! Also, I fully understand that my ideas ARE SUBJECTIVE and not everyone, or anyone, may like them or agree with me! Thanks <3 :P)

Weapons Tweaks

1. All classes in game should have the option of using iron sights instead of a red dot optic. 

2. Russian red dot optics. 

3. More sidearm magazines for conventional forces. 

4. Slightly faster switch to sidearm for conventional forces. 

General Game Tweaks/Balancing 

1. Unconventional forces (militia/INS) shouldn't withstand as much bullet damage as armored conventional forces. Conventional forces with ballistic armor should withstand more bullet damage. Note: Conventional marksman should be killing soft targets in one shot mid torso and up (except arms, shoulders, graze, etc...) 

2. Unconventional forces need their armor assets nerfed. They have way too many to be realistic at the moment, especially INS who has near identical firepower to Russians. INS shouldn't really have any armor at all except for the armored up technicals showcased in dev updates. Militia should have the same with the addition of a tracked bmp, and should be limited to no more than two armor assets per match. To balance, militia/INS should be given more IEDs and perhaps anti tank grenades should make a comeback (?). 

3. Unconventional forces should have faster, significantly-less encumbered sprint and combat pace, in comparison to conventional forces. You can not really discern any significant difference in game currently. 

4. Autorifleman and Machinegunners should have at least one frag grenade. 

5. Medic's should receive more points for revives and heals, like before the last few updates. Right now, no one likes playing medic AT ALL except for us squadleader's pets (kek). Having nerfed medic points allocation hasn't helped, it has definitely made the issue worse. NOTE: perhaps medics should receive significant bonuses for playing their roles well in capzones/get chain rez/heal bonuses for many rez/heals happening in rapid succession without being injured or killed. 

6. Currently, there are WAY too many inexperienced players taking squad leader roles and ruining matches. Perhaps some sort of ranking or prestige system should be implemented which requires that a player have a certain amount of experience points or performance points from the previous match in order to allow them to opt to create a squad. 

7. Too many small, not fully manned squads are being created and locked, the squad leaders are usually idiots or COD kiddies. Squads under a certain manpower rating should be prevented from claiming certain, high value assets. 

8.All vehicles other than logi should be able to carry a small amount of ammo for FOBs and maybe even build supplies, just to help with supply efforts. 

Wishlist & Miscellaneous (hey modders, look here!!!:D:D:D:D) 

US Forces

1. Different Army units (i.e. Rangers) 

2. More character models/faces/personal items (gloves, glasses, patches..etc) 

3. Javelin Antitank launcher (if added, the LAW should be moved to a standard squad infantry role, much like the SAW with red dot optic has been to make room for SAW with susat optic, LAW should be one use only, i.e. only one rocket for the kit). 

4.Stryker with a  40mm cannon (duh), maybe even a "tank killer" variant(?)

5. Antimat rifle (.50 bmg) 

6. Bring back incendiary grenades for SL at least, bc why not

7. Flashbangs(?) 

8.Illumination rounds for GL/hand-thrown flares/chemlights

9.NVODs

RGF

1. Same as US^ basically except what obv doesnt apply. 

2. Vodka and potatoes :D <3 

Militia 

1.KSVK antimat rifle 

2. Belt fed machineguns 

3. More character stuffs 

4. m16 

5. CZ75 pistol 

6. skorpion auto pistol/smg (for marksman/sniper)

7.Mp5 smg 

8.Mosin Nagant with sniper optic 

9.Flares, thrown and pistol

10. Rocket satchels with rockets sticking out/more rocket ammo

11. M14 (old/worn/full-auto)

12. Abillity to ride on outside of tanks/fire from vehicles

Insurgents 

1.Basically the same as militia. 

2. Also, german mp40(?) 

3. Lee enfield WWII (no optic, as a scout weapon) 

4. RPD machinegun 

5. antipersonnel mines 

6. m1 carbine 

7.Luger pistol 

8.m1911 pistol 

9.pps43 smg 

10.k50m smg

General

1.Abillity to share magazines and ammo with friendlies

Edited by LuxCapere

2 hours ago, LuxCapere said:

... Unconventional forces need their armor assets nerfed. They have way too many to be realistic at the moment, especially INS who has near identical firepower to Russians ...

DShK techie is equivalent to 30mm BTR?
lolwut

Most maps INS get no armor, some maps they get 1-2 PKT shitboxes which can not hurt armored vehicles.

I think you are talking about a different game or something.

Edited by Gopblin

INS has the antiair cannon tank which does in fact massacre other vehicles on the same level as the Russian 30

9 minutes ago, Gopblin said:

DShK techie is equivalent to 30mm BTR?
lolwut

its not about what equals what it is about what is asymmetrical, this ain't battlefield, used to be, but as far as I know, they are still just as ambitious about keeping things realistic as they were when they first released the alpha, which means unconventional, irregular forces shouldnt be cruisn around in multimillion dollar tanks, i dont care if they look old, they are still tanks and they mess up strykers on a regular basis. if you dont see that, i dont know what game you are playing unless you are somehow just soooo bad at the game....

Edited by LuxCapere

1 hour ago, LuxCapere said:

INS has the antiair cannon tank which does in fact massacre other vehicles on the same level as the Russian 30

Lolnope the AA cannon only does the same damage at the DShK gun, but with lower accuracy and longer reload. It just makes a lot of noise but is otherwise weak. And it's easy to kill the gunner. Plus they only get that thing on Kohat Invasion I think.

EDIT: I think people used to think the AA gun is good because it was easy to kill gunners out of open-top MRAPs with it due to bug that was just fixed in 10.1 . But even back then, it was meh against everything that isn't an open-top MRAP

Edited by Gopblin

As for other things suggestions:

1. Irons for everyone - unnecessary. Maybe for those with magnified optics. I think Rising Storm Vietnam does this for snipers, and it's hardly ever used

2. Russian red dots - Russian army don't really use red dots all that much (other than SF units you see in cool pictures). Their realistic advantages are thermobaric launchers, AGS-30 at squad level, etc.

3. Sidearm mags - who the hell would ditch rifle mags in favor of pistol mags? Can some veterans comment? Seems unrealistic

4. Faster sidearm switch - no idea why, old holsters are no worse than new ones IMO

In regards to balance: (misconceptions about INS armor abilities already explained)
Also yeh "realistically" regulars should get body armor, more armored vics, air support, and INS should probably have worse guns and more IEDs.
"Realistically", INS should also get 1000 tix and US should get 10.
US only took 11 KIA in Afghanistan in 2015 and 38 KIA in 2014, don't you think they'd consider the battle lost if they take their whole-year dose of casualties in one platoon-level engagement?
Gameplay >> realism

Oneshot marksman: lolnope. 

Medics: No one looks at points anyway, otherwise everyone would want to be the logi monkey.

Inexperienced SLs: Yes they are cancer but it's just a symptom of inexperienced playerbase post-V10 and post-Steam Sales. The reason we get shitty SLs is because everyone else is either unwilling or unable to lead. Banning them from SL'ing will achieve nothing except possibly kill some servers and make games even harder to find. Players just gotta git gud.

Small squads unable to claim heavy armor: Small squads claiming heavy armor usually know what they're doing with it, unlike infantry that just use it like a larger truck and at best give it to some rifleman. Banning small vehicle squads would make the game worse. Same for banning small logi squads.

Vehicles carrying ammo - yes please

US suggestions:
- I still don't know how to balance Jav but I'm sure devs will figure it out
- Stryker with 40mm AGL - yeh not a bad idea. But exhaggerated drop of projectiles ingame will make it useless at range

- .50 bmg rifles are cool but would be kinda useless ingame. They're overkill for infantry and all armor ingame requires like a 100 hits with .50 cal to kill. Probably won't be added for the same reason snipers won't be added

- US SLs have incendiary nades already, on Insurgency mode

- Night vision = big deal and should be added, although a pain to balance

Militia

- Should use PTRD instead of KSVK

- Hunting weapons like VEPR carabines (basically an AK in a larger caliber like .308)

But their current lineup is fine tbh

INS
- No one uses MP40s afaik

- Mines - yes, RS2 does this well

- Really just need more IEDs, specific guns don't change much

Ability to share mags - would be good but probably a pain to code compared to more necessary steps like reducing the ammo-cost-per-shot of the SPG-9 emplacement :D 

Edited by Gopblin

Do you really think in this modern time the Insurgents use ww2 hand weapons.I am sure they bouth all of the AK-s there are near the conflict zones.

10 hours ago, LuxCapere said:

its not about what equals what it is about what is asymmetrical, this ain't battlefield, used to be, but as far as I know, they are still just as ambitious about keeping things realistic as they were when they first released the alpha, which means unconventional, irregular forces shouldnt be cruisn around in multimillion dollar tanks, i dont care if they look old, they are still tanks and they mess up strykers on a regular basis. if you dont see that, i dont know what game you are playing unless you are somehow just soooo bad at the game....

Have you seen any combat footage of ISIS or Al Qaeda? They have plenty of armored vehicles and current equipment. Plus even the Taliban (which is sorta what current ins forces look like) have definetly had some pretty heavy equipment, but the Taliban isn't realistically what the ins are modeled after because a fight between 6 villagers and a US platoon with apaches and 105 arty would no fun lol. 

It's perfectly believable that ins would have MTLBs because the USSR produced a  ton of them - like a shit ton. I'd like to see irregular forces have T-62s and older BMPs because those vehicles are absolutely in use by lots of real life irregular forces in Syria right now like ISIS, the Peshmerga Kurds, and Assad's forces, the Iraqis had loads of T-72s even after the Iraq war ended and those didn't just disappear.

And no MTLBs are not tanks lmao. They're shitty, out-dated, poorly armored APCs that the Soviets handed out like candy for several decades. The insurgent MTLB that they rarely get is only equipped with a 7.62 PKT that does literally nothing to vehicles whatsoever. And the one equipped with a zu-23 was actually not even developed in Russia! It was created by Ukranians and used all over eastern Europe and the Middle East.

As far as militia goes, I think they should get more armor when the conventional forces get it too. I don't think you really understand how many real life insurgent forces have old Soviet vehicles. It's not hard to obtain them when your country used to be part of the USSR and was supplied with thousands of BMPs, BTRs, T-72s, and lots of other equipment. I mean there are factories all over eastern Europe that still produce Soviet era weapons and vehicles on a daily basis.

10 hours ago, LuxCapere said:

As far as I know, only militia get that one, the insurgents get a Ural truck with a zu-23 on the back, but it's really easy to get sniped off, and it definetly doesn't do as much damage as the 30mm AP does.

Edited by jellyswim

11 minutes ago, jellyswim said:

Have you seen any combat footage of ISIS or Al Qaeda? They have plenty of armored vehicles and current equipment. Plus even the Taliban (which is sorta what current ins forces look like) have definetly had some pretty heavy equipment, but the Taliban isn't realistically what the ins are modeled after because a fight between 6 villagers and a US platoon with apaches and 105 arty would no fun lol. 

It's perfectly believable that ins would have MTLBs because the USSR produced a  ton of them - like a shit ton. I'd like to see irregular forces have T-62s and older BMPs because those vehicles are absolutely in use by lots of real life irregular forces in Syria right now like ISIS, the Peshmerga Kurds, and Assad's forces, the Iraqis had loads of T-72s even after the Iraq war ended and those didn't just disappear.

And no MTLBs are not tanks lmao. They're shitty, out-dated, poorly armored APCs that the Soviets handed out like candy for several decades. The insurgent MTLB that they rarely get is only equipped with a 7.62 PKT that does literally nothing to vehicles whatsoever. And the one equipped with a zu-23 was actually not even developed in Russia! It was created by Ukranians and used all over eastern Europe and the Middle East.

As far as militia goes, I think they should get more armor when the conventional forces get it too. I don't think you really understand how many real life insurgent forces have old Soviet vehicles. It's not hard to obtain them when your country used to be part of the USSR and was supplied with thousands of BMPs, BTRs, T-72s, and lots of other equipment. I mean there are factories all over eastern Europe that still produce Soviet era weapons and vehicles on a daily basis.

You are so right about all that.

Daesh was able to capture a lot of Iraqs army grade stuff and Syrian so thay have a lot of T-55,T-63,T-72 AV, BMP,MTLB and so on.

Most people talk trash about the MTLB its not that bad its bad in this game it primary mission is to transport troops as an all terrain tracked vehicle.As we all know SSSR was huge with all type of terrains.And now this days the MTLB is used in the Arctic.

10 hours ago, Bahrein said:

You are so right about all that.

Daesh was able to capture a lot of Iraqs army grade stuff and Syrian so thay have a lot of T-55,T-63,T-72 AV, BMP,MTLB and so on.

Most people talk trash about the MTLB its not that bad its bad in this game it primary mission is to transport troops as an all terrain tracked vehicle.As we all know SSSR was huge with all type of terrains.And now this days the MTLB is used in the Arctic.

Daesh is way different than just some villagers which is what ins is currently. If they add in a caliphate type faction sure why not but other than that, the ins shouldn't have much of anything at all. If that means they have to make better game modes, or build upon the insurgency game mode, so be it. Being asymmetrical is the key. I don't know about you, but I definitely don't want to just play a different, more hardcore version of battlefield. I would teamwork, strategy, and a game that DEMANDS these things to win. The player base has a lot to do with it, but the player base isn't everything. Right now I am concerned the devs might be too easily swayed towards dumbing things down and encouraging battlefield like gameplay in the sense each side does not have distinct advantages and disadvantages. Honestly, most firefights you end up in are basically just CS:GO firefights with extra damage and or longer ranges. Nobody uses suppression. Nobody applies pressure to push the other team off points. Its just zerg, zerg, zerg and be killed, here are some tanks to play around with. 

One-life game modes centered around less expansive combat zones would be cool. I know there is already a clan of players with a modded version of the game like this that gets played for special events. It should become a staple of the game itself. 

p.s. American m72law sucks ass and cant blow shit up, give us an at4, or just the javelin as a heavy antitank option. 

18 hours ago, Gopblin said:

As for other things suggestions:

1. Irons for everyone - unnecessary. Maybe for those with magnified optics. I think Rising Storm Vietnam does this for snipers, and it's hardly ever used

WHAT I MEANT WAS 

having the option to not use red dot sights if you dont want to, on any class, not just the basic rifleman class. A lot of players that I have shared this way say they too hate the current red dot sights in game and would prefer to just use iron sights on their m4s, you should be able to toggle off optics in the spawn menu before spawning, at least, unless you are an acog optic kit. 

57 minutes ago, LuxCapere said:

Daesh is way different than just some villagers which is what ins is currently. If they add in a caliphate type faction sure why not but other than that, the ins shouldn't have much of anything at all. If that means they have to make better game modes, or build upon the insurgency game mode, so be it. Being asymmetrical is the key. I don't know about you, but I definitely don't want to just play a different, more hardcore version of battlefield. I would teamwork, strategy, and a game that DEMANDS these things to win. The player base has a lot to do with it, but the player base isn't everything. Right now I am concerned the devs might be too easily swayed towards dumbing things down and encouraging battlefield like gameplay in the sense each side does not have distinct advantages and disadvantages. Honestly, most firefights you end up in are basically just CS:GO firefights with extra damage and or longer ranges. Nobody uses suppression. Nobody applies pressure to push the other team off points. Its just zerg, zerg, zerg and be killed, here are some tanks to play around with. 

One-life game modes centered around less expansive combat zones would be cool. I know there is already a clan of players with a modded version of the game like this that gets played for special events. It should become a staple of the game itself. 

p.s. American m72law sucks ass and cant blow shit up, give us an at4, or just the javelin as a heavy antitank option. 

The models that ins uses are just placeholders, they're not the final version. The January recap showcases the new ins models and armored technicals that definetly make insurgents look like more than just some ragtag villagers. That faction is definetly going to be based more heavily around daesh and other Syrian factions rather than some Taliban villagers in the Afghan mountains.

23 hours ago, jellyswim said:

The models that ins uses are just placeholders, they're not the final version. The January recap showcases the new ins models and armored technicals that definetly make insurgents look like more than just some ragtag villagers. That faction is definetly going to be based more heavily around daesh and other Syrian factions rather than some Taliban villagers in the Afghan mountains.

Jup.And thay will be packing.

I never had a feeling that insurgents are some mad bunch of villagers but an non standard fighting force.

Also, the way the current point system in game works just doesnt make sense at all. I just played a round on mestia where I went 3:9 with the militia marksman, the three kills I got were at range, at about 300m, on the capzone (crucible beta and the one adjacent it), somehow with these stats I got a score of 1499, the largest score in my squad where the best player got 11 kills and 5 deaths(????O.oo.O). 

1 minute ago, LuxCapere said:

Also, the way the current point system in game works just doesnt make sense at all. I just played a round on mestia where I went 3:9 with the militia marksman, the three kills I got were at range, at about 300m, on the capzone (crucible beta and the one adjacent it), somehow with these stats I got a score of 1499, the largest score in my squad where the best player got 11 kills and 5 deaths(????O.oo.O). 

The point system is based around team contribution. You get a few points for kills, but the majority comes from things like capturing objectives, digging up fobs, and doing logi runs.

On 2/3/2018 at 10:14 PM, LuxCapere said:

Weapons Tweaks

1. All classes in game should have the option of using iron sights instead of a red dot optic. 

5. Medic's should receive more points for revives and heals, like before the last few updates. Right now, no one likes playing medic AT ALL except for us squadleader's pets (kek). Having nerfed medic points allocation hasn't helped, it has definitely made the issue worse. NOTE: perhaps medics should receive significant bonuses for playing their roles well in capzones/get chain rez/heal bonuses for many rez/heals happening in rapid succession without being injured or killed. 

I hate red hot and I love iron sight. So being able to choose between the two sights would be an googd idea for me.

About Medic ... I think you have proposed the most useless idea of history lol. Does anyone look at the scores in game? Apart from the game end kills.

Your points look

interesting but as people above have said , insurgents do have light russian armor and aparrently a significant amount. Night vision would be definitely be good but what currently is killing me is the pacing mate, in other words the spawn system ( fobs= meatgrinders and RPs should be way more limited than what they are now imo)

i would love that anti tank grenades would make a comeback from PR to this game. Good suggestion

47 minutes ago, maze2 said:

i would love that anti tank grenades would make a comeback from PR to this game. Good suggestion

Raider kit used to have AT nades. I loved em too but they were very short-ranged and always glitched. Devs ended up removing them and giving the Raider drum mags for the PPSh

On 3/5/2018 at 1:10 AM, jellyswim said:

The point system is based around team contribution. You get a few points for kills, but the majority comes from things like capturing objectives, digging up fobs, and doing logi runs.

That.

And just a suggestion dont play as a sniper you s..k ;-) 

On 3/3/2018 at 1:02 PM, LuxCapere said:

Nobody uses suppression. Nobody applies pressure to push the other team off points.

That's because it's a video game and players place little overall value on their lives. About the only time I really care if I die, is when I'm in a vehicle, or have just spent a long time flanking something while trying to scout out the enemy. That or my SL needed me for a RP and I let him down. Otherwise, while I'd obviously rather not die, it's not a big deal.

As much as i would love for all of these suggestion to be implemented, the devs are more focused on "balance" instead of realism. Even to an extent that is completely idiotic. insurgents taking 4 maybe 5 rounds un armored is alittle ridiculous. 

3 hours ago, Ep1cOblivion said:

As much as i would love for all of these suggestion to be implemented, the devs are more focused on "balance" instead of realism. Even to an extent that is completely idiotic. insurgents taking 4 maybe 5 rounds un armored is alittle ridiculous. 

Insurgents don't take more than 3 shots to die , wtf are you talking about.  Btw same damage values apply to  the US Army . There is no body armor system implemented for any of the factions but i would like a body armor system definetely .Check the damage values.