Friesen

So 10.1 another update is out and...

Posted (edited)

Still no seperate mouse sensitivity like requested and it just feels like devs don't care and talking to a wall.

Will you please add a seperate mouse sensitivity for normal game movements and a seperate one when aiming down sights... I already click dpi button all the time and I cannot play the game where I have to click it constantly whenever I want to turn my body around and then start aiming again.

I just can't believe that it is such a huge demanding request that cannot be added so I can finally play the game again as I can't play without it because my carpal tunnel hurts bad when I have to turn the body around and click dpi button all the time to turn easier.

At least it would be helpful at what point are you going to finally add it, like is it going to be 10.2, 10.3 or 11v whatever. Just if you could at least tell me how long do I have to wait for it so I can play the game again...

Thank you.

Edited by Friesen

capsule_184x69.jpg?t=1517858834
8:17am
Squad - Norby

It has been another 3 weeks - time for a patch.

Stamina
  • Vaulting, climbing and jumping now consume stamina in addition to sprinting and prone movement, which already did so previously
  • The seperate "jumping stamina" has been removed
  • Low stamina will not prevent you from vaulting, climbing, jumping or sprinting
  • Stamina below half will gradually decrease your movement speed until your sprint at 0 stamina is barely faster than normal movement at full stamina. This affects crouched and prone movement too.
  • Weapon sway is still affected by stamina

Localization

The Squad Community has done great work translating Squad into many different languages. The initial import of the localization files into A10 failed however. We also dicovered some issues with our use of different fonts in the game and the way we set some text assets. We are currently fixing all those issues and unifying our font use. In A10.1 all supported languages work but a few texts will not be translated yet. We'll work with our awesome localization community to have the game fully localized for A11.

Performance

A focus of our work in these past 3 weeks has been performance of the game. Particular problem areas identified were server performance and client performance on specific maps. 
Map opimization is a lot of manual work and no major changes have been done in this short time frame. Our mapping department is currently working on addressing the most problematic maps, one after another. 
For server performance we did changes to make player state related replication operations quicker. However the public test on Monday indicated that the server performance is still not on the same level as the later A9 versions. This is a problem because longer frame times on the server can lead to perceived issues with hit detection on the clients and poor kill feedback.
The best approach to improving performance is not trying to make existing systems quicker, but to rewrite the systems to be smarter and only do necessary and relevant operations, especially in regards to replication. We started this process last year on our road to 100 players.
Even though we didn't achive our performance goals for A10 it would be wrong to spend more time trying to optimize systems that are being rewritten at the same time. As we continue our development work towards 100p the optimizations that come with it will find their way into the next releases.

Bugfixes and improvements
  • Updated EAC SDK
  • Complete rewrite of freelook to fix it not replicating on deployables and improve performance
  • Fixed vehicles sometimes taking reduced damage from rockets
  • Fixed occasional invisible gun on revive
  • Fixed one hand getting detached in the 1p animation doing funny things
  • Increased rotation acceleration and maximum rotation speed on 3p soldier animations
  • Fixed bandaging not detecting other soldiers reliably
  • Fixed bandaging animation not cancelling when moving away from the soldier that's being bandaged
  • Set Medic's field dressings to be 25% faster to apply compared to any other role
  • Fixed crouch-sprinting not having correct stamina cost
  • Guns no longer get forced-lowered when very close to an enemy
  • Fixed an issue with reloads having to be done multiple times
  • Fixed rocket backblasts being too wide
  • Fixed nametags disapperaing on prone lean
  • Made nametags more transparant when aiming directly at them. The enemy won't be able to hide behind a nametag anymore
  • Fixed an issue where enemy players could cap a neutral flag for your team
  • Fixed inconsistent behavior when right clicking in the Squad-Leader's Fire Support sub-menu and enemy markers sub-menu
  • Fixed invite list not being scrol-lable so it could not be collapsed when a lot of players were unassigned
  • Fixed an exploit that allowed squad members to take more limited role kits than allowed
  • Fixed part of the player's body showing above him on incapacitation
  • Fixed MAT-V open top turret not blocking projectiles
  • Removed one BTR-82A from Narva AAS v1,v2 and v3
  • Removed two Strykers and replaced one BTR-82A with one BTR-80 on Kohat AAS v2
  • Fixed a RUS transport on Gorodok Invasion v1 spawning half way into the map
  • Fixed Narva AASv2 Old Barracks flag capture zone preventing leaning
  • Blocked windows of a wip building on Narva that players could glitch into since climbing was introduced
  • Fixed Mestia Tunnels dynamic shadow-casting light sources causing performance issues on AMD GPUs
  • Removed attack markers on Invasion ruleset
  • Fixed a bug that prevented un-muting a muted player
  • Fixed logistics technical showing 2000 as ammo/construction point capacity
  • Toggle lean status now gets cancelled on sprint so the player doesn't start leaning again by himself when stopping the sprint
  • Fixed a rare bug where a player would be able to move at very high speeds after using a bipod
  • Fixed a rare bug where players would launch into space after using bipods
  • Fixed a bounds issue on the SPG-9 deployable making it invisible in 1p
  • Fixed BTR's special blurred camo ability when ADS
  • Minor tweaks on dozens of movement related animations

Great any update is great i salute your work developers.I can only imagine how hard and demanding some stuff are.

Glad to read about the medic fixses.

And to the guy above thats complaining i will just say “The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few”

Posted (edited)

It's not true that it's the need of the few. Many are desperate for this function cause they cannot play the game without a pain and I was already asking for this way before v10.

And to the other guy why you must wall-paste a text that has got nothing to do with the subject of this thread.

Edited by Friesen

It does actually, the devs have simply been focused on more important issues.

Yes a seperate sensitivity would be really nice, but i'd rather have new and better maps for now. Or the brits.

23 minutes ago, Friesen said:

It's not true that it's the need of the few. Many are desperate for this function cause they cannot play the game without a pain and I was already asking for this way before v10.

And to the other guy why you must wall-paste a text that has got nothing to do with the subject of this thread.

Sorry buddy but if thats the only huge problem for you that you are unable to play the game i really dont know what else to say.

I am sure as the guy above me sead there are really some more important bugs and gliches now than your separate sensitivity thing.

I think droping tru the map,when bandaging somebody he like jumping more then 2 meters and droping down and dying is more important.

We all have issues the good thing thay are heard unlike in most other games and it will all get fixed someday. 

Q: Any performance/fps buff in this update?

A: NO! 

Anyone else having problems with TXAA? It doesn't work for me anymore in this version after i cleaned the cache.

to be clear:
a10.1 is a fix/patch to crush some bugs.
a10.1 is not a content patch.

3 hours ago, Friesen said:

Still no seperate mouse sensitivity like requested and it just feels like devs don't care and talking to a wall.

[...]

Also, are you really that naive?
Developing an early access title is not like a "wish concert".

You can post your feedback in a bunch of places. (e.g. forum, discord, reddit, etc...)
I'd say the developers make a decent job in reading, categorizing and weighting the feedback. If it is feasible and makes sense (in terms of their game design plan), the suggestion gets a slot in the internal development pipeline.

havent tried it yet but thanks for the update

it seems that the stamina system will be much better now

Is there any word on the red dots on US side getting fixed? They seem to be misalinged.

I keep hitting below where i aim, even at very close distance.

be patient...

the devs have fixed nearly every single bug i have incounterd since v10 droped...it took the 3 weeks 3 damn weeks.

thats really good now lets look at other dev teams like dayz cough cough. its been 4+ years and they are still trying to get cars to work lol

Yess! Thanks whoever posted the changelog.
SPG fix is all I need. Also open-top MRAPs are no longer shit, good.

PS. It would be nice if SPG ammo cost 25 (seriously, I can get 2 frag SPG rockets or 100 frag ammo for the AA gun? Hmmm which do I choose)

13 minutes ago, embecmom said:

unfortunately the medic bandaging has been made worse. 

Really? I didn't have problems with it in V10, and now its 25% faster

I agree on the Medic issue. I had problems with the bandage and the bag today.

1 hour ago, embecmom said:

unfortunately the medic bandaging has been made worse. 

Yep I was just playing medic and it realy was worse then before. I just could not bandage people while laying prone, beeing crouched worked all of the time though. I only played one round so far though and maybe need to test it further.

I just dont like the “jumping stamina was removed” part as now you can bunny hop.

21 hours ago, Dundish said:

Q: Any performance/fps buff in this update?

A: NO! 

In fact it's the opposite ! 

V10 = 70 Fps average

V10.1 = 50 fps average

I Don't understand !

2 hours ago, selecto said:

In fact it's the opposite ! 

V10 = 70 Fps average

V10.1 = 50 fps average

I Don't understand !

Yeep. I will clear cash and reinstall the game. But I DO NOT HAVE any high hopes for FPS buff... 

16 hours ago, Gopblin said:

Really? I didn't have problems with it in V10, and now its 25% faster

yea new patch has made it difficult to find a heal spot for both bandaging and healing, its not the speed that's the issue just trying to get the bandage on the character.

Posted (edited)

After reinstalling and cleared the cash, NO FuuuU difference. Same crappy fps...

My PC:

CPU: 8700K @ 5Ghz GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW Gaming ACX 3.0 @ 2000mhz  Noctua NH-D15,  Asus ROG STRIX Z370-F GAMING, Corsair Vengeance LPX Black 16GB 3000MHZ PSU: Corsair RM850W

Edited by Dundish