Jackal6681

Newbie to Squad - looking for help and advice

Hi there all who will take the time to read this - 

Like many other that have posted before me and probably like you once upon a time...I just bought the game, moved recently from console to PC and am still just getting the hang of that! but I just wanted more from a game than the arcade games I am used to.. been playin Battlefield since gosh 1943(the game duh)...and with the way EA has taken it its just not the same as when it was an Indy under DICE. So here I am wanting to be a team member, a bit more tactical...and got the game. I have been in the firing range to mess about and watched a heap of great Squad YT vids...so many great SL's you have. Ok, so I am Nordic based, I also have a community of older guy gamers and a few are looking to follow me...we all felt it was time. Looking for a squad or anyone to offer advice and maybe even tips and mentor me in. 

Thanks for the community and forum it has been great to read through and nice peeps who answer.

Do your friends also have the game already? Cuz if you guys are up for it, i'd make a new player squad in a server just for you and walk you through FOB/HAB placement/building, defending/attacking point, game flow and things like that if i'm on tonight.

If you're intrested, add me on steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198004894065?l=dutch

Gosh! thats super kind of you. So far there about three of us that have bought the game in the last few days. I will most definitely add you right away. I am not sure when we will get together, I will ask them on discord but I think its for the weekend if we can get all together for a walk around. Thank you for the offer.

Hey pal, if you guys wanna squad up then myself and the guys in my gaming community will glad help you out. If you want our discord server link, just let me know :)

I came in this game with no friends that where playing it.But now i have many International friends that i play with.

So dont worry just be friendly and a team player and you will be fine.

Welcome @Jackal6681, there's usually someone willing to help, the community is pretty good. Just let people know you're fairly new when joining a Squad. It's great that you've taken the time to test things out in the firing range (most new comers don't), so you're ahead of most. Hope to see you out there!

Wow...thats very kind of you all. I am still getting used to my new set up and as soon as I am ready I will do as suggested. I appreciate that feedback.

On 3/2/2018 at 12:18 PM, oTec said:

Do your friends also have the game already? Cuz if you guys are up for it, i'd make a new player squad in a server just for you and walk you through FOB/HAB placement/building, defending/attacking point, game flow and things like that if i'm on tonight.

If you're intrested, add me on steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198004894065?l=dutch

Otec I havent forgotten about you(and your kind offer) I have had a few problems and now have my setup so I am just getting used to it and then I will take you up on your very kind offer - the other two have assimilated very well and are playing in squads and having a good time.

44 minutes ago, Jackal6681 said:

Wow...thats very kind of you all. I am still getting used to my new set up and as soon as I am ready I will do as suggested. I appreciate that feedback.

Otec I havent forgotten about you(and your kind offer) I have had a few problems and now have my setup so I am just getting used to it and then I will take you up on your very kind offer - the other two have assimilated very well and are playing in squads and having a good time.

I was already wondering where you went, you've been offline for 5days straight :P

Yeah I have been really struggling coz the orbweaver I have works well in BF4 and Bf1 but when I try for squad just does not respond...I will keep trying