Coletrain

Massive disconnect between what people tell me on forums vs. what I experience as a squad leader.

I often offer my services as a logi and transport pilot, or mortar operator, to other SLs and I get the silence treatment. So this issue go both ways. There's a lot of noobs out there. And they just don't care. It is a sad thing indeed.

Someone mentioned Russian and Chinese servers being more organised? I have to admit this comes as a very welcome surprise, but a surprise all the same. I'm interested to hear more? What makes them better and why? Thanks.

PS Do I need to start learning Chinese or Russian to get a team oriented game?

8 hours ago, TheGenera1 said:

Someone mentioned Russian and Chinese servers being more organised? I have to admit this comes as a very welcome surprise, but a surprise all the same. I'm interested to hear more? What makes them better and why? Thanks.

Maybe they are more structural cultures in general, as in work and social life? 

The Chinese seem like an organized bunch. I am going to China in a couple of days actually. I will report back. 

A stronger sense of camaraderie among the Russians, and an unmatched sense of pride, and aspiration to win. 

We Europeans are lost in a heated search for a "correct" ideology, and sensible direction. We don't know what to think or believe about anything anymore. Often winging it in life, hoping for the best. Maybe that reflects in our way of playing games? 

What are the Americans like? Canadians? What is happening on South American servers?

Australia? "Oi c*nt, head south, you bugga'. Got no stamina, got no guts. Crikey logi! Bloody hell, where you goin' mate? Walkabout?"

6 hours ago, PuddleMurda said:

What are the Americans like? Canadians? What is happening on South American servers?

South American servers have always been the same: headless chikens running around, spies on the other team telling where the FOBs are, more noise than proper communication on both radio frenquencies and radio silence when you ask if anyone needs a logi truck or if the transport pilot can come pick you up at the main base since nobody wanted to build a FOB.

Since my clan specializes and FOB Hunting, we're pretty much ok doing our own thing and helping out the best way possible. But some times other type of issue comes up, and this is not a south american server issue only because it happens in any server. Some losers see that you're sneaking your way to the enemy's flank and then they run guns blazing calling attention of the entire server and we all die.

15 hours ago, TheGenera1 said:

PS Do I need to start learning Chinese or Russian to get a team oriented game?

Primarily, smaller community of more dedicated players.
The same reason that, say, an average Eskimo baseball player would be more dedicated than an average American baseball player - he had to go out of his way to get into it.

I played with the Chinese without knowing the language or culture and it was kinda fun

It all depends on everyone's preference. The more hours i logged in the game, the more I appreciated all the aspects and mechanics (including teamplay). The more hours I logged, the more I felt like doing logi runs accomplished a necessary task. I enjoy doing them. Even as an SL.

Posted (edited)

If my ping isn't too high I might try and get in a Chinese server for the lolz. Just checked, ping of 800-1200. Fun.

Edited by TheGenera1

I'm one of those weirdos that likes logi... loved ANT runs in PlanetSide too. Some of the most intense moments came from being the supply hero for me, but I'm fully ready to agree it's not the most rewarding gameplay at the moment. Instead of AI, though, I'd like to see it adjusted to something that people want to play. AI isn't a bad idea, but ideally, if it's in the game, it should be fun to do, imho. (Note: I'm not a game designer and just sharin' muh personal opinion.)

It would be cool if the supplies were dropped in certain part of the map and the team would have to send logi trucks out to get them with some protection of some sort for supplies. 

Has anyone played foxhole? If it had a system where teams would fight over supply points aling with objectives then it would be interesting for logi runners. Obviously not as complicater as foxhole where you have to smash it with hammers but where there is a small objective that each team can fight over that gives them supplies theycan pickup each time it is filled up or some shit.

If anyone here plays insurgency, you will know what Russians are like. The idea that they are any more organised is definitely laughable. As someone who speaks the language, I can assure its nothing more than a constant barrage of "suka blyat's" and yob tvoyu mat's. Having said that, any group of people who want to take the game seriously can come from any region, even Latin America to quote cecili. I recommend joining a clan, or at least a clan's discord. Many clan's play with cooperative blueberries from their discord and it makes for a fun game.