Razz

Why do i get salt from SL for being young and making a dumb accidental mistake?

Im 13 and recently started playing Squad. In the start i didn't say much cuz my voice is very annoying and high, so i only used text, But started to communicate later on. Im scared of the Squad Leader and what they will say to me when i make a mistake like drive into a mine and get them killed. It has happend and it makes me not want to play the game and to talk and have fun and talk to my squad. What should you say "Sorry" and get them even more annoyed, or just disconnect and find another server or keep on playing with a Squad that hates you? I don't know what to do.  

Im a few dacades older than you, and i get the same feeling driving with a full BTR.

You dont wanna **** up, you dont wanna get it stuck, you dont wanna take too long getting from point A to point B. But all of this excitement and minor responsibility is what make this game so great, there are some form of consequence for your actions, being it having to run, loose assets or working with 8 other dudes that got put in a hard spot cause you didnt plan your actions or missing experience.

Hateful and stressful people might sound the same, but just keep working harder and try not to make mistakes, and if you do **** up learn from it my digital warrior friend )

Don't give a **** of what people think . Everybody has the right to play  not caring about how young someone is. So just don't be upset and don't give much importance because remember u can insult them back lol it's  a god damn game. 

Razz just enjoy the game man. i've been your age too so just ignore those idiots. It's up to you if u wanna decide playing in another server or not.

Edited by maze2

42 minutes ago, maze2 said:

Razz just enjoy the game man

Agree.

@Razz at the end of the day it's a game so try to enjoy it but due keep in mind others are full-on role play mode when they're in-game and things can get heated real quick. My advice? apologize once and continue playing. If they keep picking on you tell them it's in the past and that they need to move on. 

Past this point if they keep picking on you then it's up to you to either join another squad or join another server...or...give them the right amount of sass ;) 

"Yes you're right, I teamkilled you and it cost us 1 ticket but you set up a shit FOB and we're now down 20 because of your dumb ass"

Give them a taste of their own medicine! 

@Razz If you get anymore GBH in the earhole from this so called Internet tough guys, give us a call,I'll sort them out for ya... ;)

But honestly, you've paid for this game & you have the right to play it. We'll make mistakes young & old.

And pick yourself up, dust off, start over again.  

Hey @Razz Welcoime to Squad man!

5 hours ago, Razz said:

Im scared of the Squad Leader and what they will say to me when i make a mistake like drive into a mine and get them killed.

Don't be. The last thing you want to do playing Squad is to chicken out b/c you are afraid of making mistakes... You are bound to screw up. You own it. Learn from the mistakes. Heck. I have almost 500hrs in this game and still struggle to drive a damn 30mm.... 

Also do you see that @CptDirty guy over there? He's good at flipping a logi.... Just saying! :P LUL

5 hours ago, Razz said:

just disconnect and find another server

This kind of behavior can be miss-understood of being a troll... such as greifing behavior. I know you don't meant to but others have no other way of figuring it out 

In the end, Relax, have fun, Keep fighting! 
:)

It's actually nice to see people actually helping Razz instead of just ******** on him cause he's 13, that's actually great. Age doesn't matter as long as they play the game right, but at the end of the day just enjoy it man, trust me i've dropped a few teammates by accident here and there, as long as you apologise you'll be fine! 

It's a pretty good community we got here.

12 hours ago, samwiseOrigin said:

Also do you see that @CptDirty guy over there? He's good at flipping a logi.... Just saying! :P LUL

giphy.gif

For some of us here you are a kid but i never mind playing with younger guys.But some of younger guys are annoying,voice is annoying thay scream a lot cry a lot talk a lot on squad voice chat aither beeing a sniper or a guy with a saw going and spraying around and usually geting kicked from squad then thay do some team killing and disconect thinking thay will not get banned (but thay get banned)

My advice just be normal stay cool and if you are any good of a team player thats all you need buddy.

Edited by Bahrein

Just now, Bahrein said:

For some of us here you are a kid but i never mind playing with younger guys.

#flagged.

Hey up mate, I mean if you do stuff like run over a mine you’re going to get some s**t everyone is! 

Stick to stuff youre good at first don’t drive if you can’t drive don’t play sniper if you can’t play sniper! These things take some time to master 

and with your voice could you get a voice changer of some type? Then no one would ever know 

I think it’s because 99% of the player base is a few years older than 13!! I was 13 in 1991 

but judt carry on play DONT give up 

Edited by ZXD_Lee

2 minutes ago, ZXD_Lee said:

I think it’s because 99% of the player base is a few years older than 13!! I was 13 in 1991 

Beat you on that one. 25 in 1991 , 13 in 1979 ( had been a video gamer for 2 year lol )

Back to OP . Everyone gets grief at some point. No matter what stage of playing or age.  Try to move above it, get on and enjoy the game.  It's their problem. 

Meh. I got like 680 hours in the game, I'm usually the SL, and I still flip vehicles regularly because Squad physics and colliding with a wall at 10mph makes you do a cartwheel. Everyone makes mistakes, if the SL is an asshole just find a new SL.

#1 thing I ask as SL is for people to actually listen when I ask for help with important shit, like building HABs and placing rallies. You don't need to be particularly skilled at the game to do it, and if you have questions, just ask.

EDIT: Also this - giphy.gif

Edited by Gopblin

There's a lot of guys who aren't good at dealing with people. I mean even in the military you have leaders that yell at you for little mistakes. Don't take it personally and try joining the teamwork servers that have long queues. They will have more mature leaders.

i understand how you feel, i must admit that "kids" can be pretty annoying in squadcomms. However that is mostly because they don't have the situational awareness of a grownup. Chances are if you're 13 the only thing you will have in common with your squadmates is the game, keep it at that. Squeaky voice, will be gone in time... but keep comms minimal, don't have too much "fun" in comms, stay serious and humble, that is all any squadleader can ask of their subjects. Young or old.

Because people on the internet are idiots.  For some reason those idiots don't know that they were your age once.

Posted (edited)

Hey Razz, 

Even if the "don't say too much" can seem a little harsh, the same goes for the big, deep voice, (probably) bear looking dudes as well. Anyone spamming the comms is annoying, squeaky voice or not. Just stick with what is important, which is more or less to call out enemy contact and acknowledge SL's directives if given to you. 

If you follow orders, and provide your SL with accurate and relevant information, he will love to have you on board.

Hang in there buddy! 

Edit; Also, no one hates you! I got chewed out by a clan squad leader the other match for wanting to defend an objective he did not agree to be in back-cap danger. The next round we all worked flawlessly together, SLs and squad, and won the match by a landslide. 

Edited by PuddleMurda

On 2/25/2018 at 1:32 PM, Voice said:

Im a few dacades older than you, and i get the same feeling driving with a full BTR.

You dont wanna **** up, you dont wanna get it stuck, you dont wanna take too long getting from point A to point B. But all of this excitement and minor responsibility is what make this game so great, there are some form of consequence for your actions, being it having to run, loose assets or working with 8 other dudes that got put in a hard spot cause you didnt plan your actions or missing experience.

Hateful and stressful people might sound the same, but just keep working harder and try not to make mistakes, and if you do **** up learn from it my digital warrior friend )

And apologize.

Saying shit, I'm sorry I didn't see that (or I messed up or whatever) goes a long way. Although if it starts to become a habit, then it would be an issue.

The mines can be a bitch - especially when a teammate puts them in the stupidest spots where they're much more likely to hit you then the enemy. But it's no different then if you flip the BTR or striker or logi. Shit happens. Apologize and move on. Accept that you'll get picked on a little for the voice/age, but most SL's and teammates won't care if you're half decent, listen to the SL and willing to learn/know what you're doing.

welcome to the internet

Tell them that this is an alpha build game so we are just testing and not to get too wound up, save the ragestress for at least beta.

You don't know pressure until you try and SL man :D. Learn from mistakes and just apologise for them. No one can ask any more than that. 

On 2/25/2018 at 12:20 PM, Razz said:

Im 13 and recently started playing Squad. In the start i didn't say much cuz my voice is very annoying and high, so i only used text, But started to communicate later on. Im scared of the Squad Leader and what they will say to me when i make a mistake like drive into a mine and get them killed. It has happend and it makes me not want to play the game and to talk and have fun and talk to my squad. What should you say "Sorry" and get them even more annoyed, or just disconnect and find another server or keep on playing with a Squad that hates you? I don't know what to do.  

First... welcome to Squad. =) We're glad to have you! Sounds like you're already thinking about the game harder than a lot of the folks that would kick you from a Squad, so you've got that going for you. You're not alone in being afraid of the response too -- I've got 20 years on you and I dread that moment as well. Probably shouldn't -- we all make mistakes, it IS just a game.

Honestly, what's worse -- running over a mine by accident, or being the hothead on mic that's ruining 9 people's game? It's one thing to be intense and immersed in the game, another to reach out and touch your teammates in a way that sucks. The latter is almost certainly going to hurt the team more, imho. Don't let 'em get you down. ;) 

'Course, everybody plays a little bit different, so it's always good to check in with the squad leader. And yeah, giving an apology now and then can do wonders. Mostly, remember it's just a moment in an hour+ game session filled with otherwise positive, entertaining (if a little buggy sometimes) Squad.