CptDirty

Medic healing delay in V10

There's a noticeable delay when playing a medic and healing people between the mouse click (to heal) and the actual animation / reaction of my player's hands healing friendlies. 

Has anyone else noticed it?

1 hour ago, CptDirty said:

Has anyone else noticed it?

yes

yes, I'm still not quite sure about the new animation, feels like half the time your bandaging a metre or so away from the downed character.  the whole medic bit is not quite working right for me.    From bandaging a distance away, trying to find the heal spot, players being healed and rather than standing up jump into the air or worse into the roof of a building all made a bit more difficult with the throw distance on smoke increased.

Yes and i hate it so much.

I hold the mouse button and nothing then i release it to click it again and in that release brief moment my caracter starts healing and i hold it again.

Its just so annoying sometimes.

And not to mentione as the buddy above sead when you heal a friendly he jumps and usually dies.   

Edited by Bahrein

4 minutes ago, Bahrein said:

Yes and i hate it so much.

I hold the mouse button and nothing then i release it to click it again and in that release brief moment my caracter starts healing and i hold it again.

Its just so annoying sometimes.

And then you have your team mates running in front of you blocking the revive you almost finished... or the guy gets revived a floor above you and then dies because of it.... I play medic 90% of the time and it is a pain sometimes :P

3 minutes ago, koschilein said:

And then you have your team mates running in front of you blocking the revive you almost finished... or the guy gets revived a floor above you and then dies because of it.... I play medic 90% of the time and it is a pain sometimes :P

I am hardly ever a medic but when playing with my Ukrainian buddies i am usually a medic because non of them want to be.

I am sure it will be fixed soon.So i can wait. 

- Self-bandaging and bandaging of a teammate sometimes does not start. Sometimes I try click left-right-left mouse buttons. Or change direction. Or I try to change the distance - sometimes it's better to be further than closer. Sometimes I stand to make it work. It all threatens me directly and costs time. When you do not have a gun in your hand, you are vulnerable.

- If the bandaging process is interrupted , than you can start bandaging again from the start. It's always interrupted by a teammate, when he runs too close to body.

- Bandaging takes a lot of time. I would like to clearly know that bandaging is completed. Some better animation or sound?

- And what about that teleportation into the air / wall after the revive?

- After a revival, my teammate will sometimes disappear. He is invisible to me until he moves.

- Sometimes it is very difficult to find a spot to heal.

- Players sometimes do not realize they are bleeding. In reality you would feel that you were bleeding. The blinking icon is inadequate.

I'm not surprised that no one wants to be a medic, when it works just like this. I totally miss a V9 medic.

I notice a new delay, but I don't think it's such an issue.

Teleportation into the air after revive is a big problem, agreed!

56 minutes ago, kuracino said:

I totally miss a V9 medic

I have to agree with this. In V9 there was little to no time delay between pressing the healing button and actually seeing my guy's hands healing the friendly. This corresponds to a lot of "false positives" so to speak forcing the medic to press & hold the healing button several times. In a combat situation every second counts and right now medics are wasting valuable seconds. 

Please fix this in the next update :) 

MAKE MEDICS GREAT AGAIN

5 hours ago, embecmom said:

yes, I'm still not quite sure about the new animation, feels like half the time your bandaging a metre or so away from the downed character.  the whole medic bit is not quite working right for me.    From bandaging a distance away, trying to find the heal spot, players being healed and rather than standing up jump into the air or worse into the roof of a building all made a bit more difficult with the throw distance on smoke increased.

+1 medic is so god damn broken, it's not fun at all