Fritch117

New Player Looking To Get Started :)

Hey everyone new player here, haven't played an actual game quite yet. Played around in the firing range a bunch and I've watched a ton of YouTube game play videos and what not. But now in looking to make the dive into a real game and get rid of the first time jitters! So if anyone wants to play and take me under their wing I'm all for it, or if other new players want to form up and create a group and get used to one another that's all good too! I view myself as a pretty casual laid back player but I have zero issue taking orders and getting into the game. Thanks everyone! 

Edited by Fritch117
Spelling error

13 hours ago, Fritch117 said:

Hey everyone new player here, haven't played an actual game quite yet. Played around in the firing range a bunch and I've watched a ton of YouTube game play videos and what not. But now in looking to make the dive into a real game and get rid of the first time jitters! So if anyone wants to play and take me under their wing I'm all for it, or if other new players want to form up and create a group and get used to one another that's all good too! I view myself as a pretty casual laid back player but I have zero issue taking orders and getting into the game. Thanks everyone! 

You've made a great start already. Making sure you've tried all the weapons, all the roles and used all the vehicles to learn some of the basics plus watching gameplay videos is a huge step in the right direction.

I'm not experienced myself either but my suggestion is to just choose a server with a decently low ping for your region and jump in. Join a squad (never start one yourself at this stage) and the first thing to do is just say hello  to the squad leader. Ask if he/she has any preferred role for you to play and go from there. 

Maybe medic to start? You can avoid combat but get plenty of experience with the flow of gameplay by chasing your squad about and trying to keep them all alive! 

Most importantly is communication. Asking where people are, giving directions of contacts, just making a joke as you patch someone up as a medic "Remember I need a receipt for that bandage" etc. Sometimes you get a squad who are wholly uncommunicative from Squad Leader to Infantryman...it happens...just move to a different squad next game and keep trying. 

On 2/22/2018 at 6:49 PM, Fritch117 said:

More than welcome to play Squad with us @Fritch117 I went ahead and added ya

Teamspeak Address: ts.uwsgaming.com
Teamspeak Download (free): Click Here

4 hours ago, Ep1cOblivion said:

stay out of the doctors office and total war Chicago LOL

Best place to play and learn.