Sign in to follow this  
eenis

[Solved] Green and red lines/glitches

So these colored lines appear in the sky and move with your camera perspective, any idea what this is? Ive put settings all the way to low and all that happens is they become less pronounced but are still there.

https://imgur.com/a/EAXIm

no clue. first time I see sth like that.

I'd try a different (latest) NVIDIA driver. use DDU to fully remove the old one first.

Posted (edited)

I have the exact same issue, and I remember having it in the past before the V10 update and can't remember how I resolved it then unfortunately. It seemed to me that it wasn't a driver issue but rather a setting either in game or via the NVIDIA Control Panel.

I to have updated the drivers and tried turning on and off every effect, AA, graphics setting etc but to no avail.

It's a huge problem now because it seems to be most pronounced around the edges of smoke or in the glass eye pieces of the sights making the game almost impossible to play for me now.

I'm using NVIDIA GTX980m with 390.01 driver. 

VX

2nu1z6e.jpg

Edited by theVX

Dropping the resolution from the Native 1920 x 1080 down to the next lowest makes the rainbow colors go away, so maybe there is a clue there.

Right now if I have any dust or particle effects, or any "shine" effects there seems to be a green luminescence to it.

Posted (edited)

Used the DDU program to do a clean install of the most current drivers, no change, then used it to do a clean install of drivers back from October of 2017 and no change.

I can say that zooming in on the sight makes the color bands more pronounced. Also it seems to be around the edges of objects that would have some type of transparency such as smoke, and clouds in the air.

I know this has been brought up in a thread in the past, either on here or on the Steam forums but my search has come up empty.

We can't be the only two with this issue.

Edited by theVX

After some testing it seems to be related to Full Screen vs Windowed vs Borderless. If I run in Windowed there is no issue but Borderless and Full Screen have the Red, Green Blue stripes issue. It's also much worse on maps with a fog/haze such as Sumari.

Either way running in Windowed solves the issue but now the question is does Windowed have performance degradation vs Full Screen?

I supposedly can only run G-Synch in full screen so I think I'm most likely loosing some performance due to it.

Solved:

Gsync is the cause, turned it off and it went away.