dor

Construction points should be deducted only *while* building

Please make that Construction points will deducted while building (with a shovel).

This way, if the SL placed a HAB in a wrong place - he can remove it easily with (another soldier clicking) Right mouse click.

Just now, CptDirty said:

hmmm, is there a possibility of exploit with this? 

You can say that about everything.

I like it though. Especially, like you said, in regards to HAB placement. First thing that comes to mind is trying to place a HAB in a building on Basrah for example and ensuring exists of HAB are all usable. If this is implemented and the HAB is half way built only using half of the construction points then only half of those construction points would be lost if the HAB needs to be repositioned. 

So yeah I like it why not :) 

i would say no (reservedly), because: it will make you think more carefully about spending the points before just chucking stuff down to be built.

if a deployable is placed-for-building, but you decide to remove/re-place it before any building, then you should get back the points - because you have not yet committed to the build. if a shovel has been put to it in any way then you loose the points.

although CD's point about loosing points already committed to the build makes sense as well - it just places less importance on the commitment to build than what i've suggested.

perhaps simply being able to recover a percentage of the used points by deconstructing. 

Eg

1. Build a HAB and find it is bugged or blocked. Unbuild it and get 50% of the points back.
  2. Moving on to a new flag and no longer need the rear fob. Unbuild some stuff, collect the points and drive to the new location.