H4ilToTheKing

CPU Under Utilized

my k is Overclocked to factory settings, I'm talking about the knuckle heads that want to abuse their system and get clock rates higher than manufacture settings.

And when I say 40%, I'm not talking about "over all usage".  My CPU core 0, the single core thread, when my FPS is 22, it's still below 50% and my GPU is around 55%

Neither is being maxed out, ever.  Thus back to my original point, I wanted to make people aware it's not a "bottleneck" issue with the game, it's something else is holding this game back.  Either way, goal achieved, this has been passed on. 

TY Dubs

Posted (edited)
On 2/28/2018 at 6:35 PM, Hiikeri said:

CPU Total usage is different than maximum single core usage. Total usage is pointless.

That blanket statement you made is sadly very ignorant.  Total usage is only pointless in non-multi-core games, or games that can only handle a certain amount of multi-cores, like this game ONLY when you have a CPU with more cores than supported!  This game, as far as I can test on three different CPU, the 3350P, 3770k, and the 8600, that this game is most efficient with three cores and that core only runs at most, 50% usage and the other two cores hover around 43%.

My latest test with the 8600, I'm at work I'll provide an SS in the same manor as before after I get home from classes tonight, is that the same holds true, it is best when I park cores so that only three cores run.

Last night I was playing and my FPS was 57 - 60.  Clearly a Gen 8 intel that has a peak speed of 4 GHz single core can only raise 10 FPS when in every other game I play I had at LEAST 90 FPS increase.

It's a game issue, not hardware.  So my advice to everyone is save your money, this game isn't worth buying a new system just to play at 60 FPS, 70 FPS on a unpopulated map.

Edited by H4ilToTheKing
pressed enter too early, fixed typos

2 hours ago, H4ilToTheKing said:

That blanket statement you made is sadly very ignorant.  Total usage is only pointless in non-multi-core games, or games that can only handle a certain amount of multi-cores, like this game ONLY when you have a CPU with more cores than supported!  This game, as far as I can test on three different CPU, the 3350P, 3770k, and the 8600, that this game is most efficient with three cores and that core only runs at most, 50% usage and the other two cores hover around 43%.

My latest test with the 8600, I'm at work I'll provide an SS in the same manor as before after I get home from classes tonight, is that the same holds true, it is best when I park cores so that only three cores run.

Last night I was playing and my FPS was 57 - 60.  Clearly a Gen 8 intel that has a peak speed of 4 GHz single core can only raise 10 FPS when in every other game I play I had at LEAST 90 FPS increase.

It's a game issue, not hardware.  So my advice to everyone is save your money, this game isn't worth buying a new system just to play at 60 FPS, 70 FPS on a unpopulated map.

You don't know what you are talking about..

5 hours ago, H4ilToTheKing said:

Dude keep in mind its an Alpha and Early Access. I'm sure the V1.0 will work much smoother in the future. 

18 hours ago, cheese said:

Dude keep in mind its an Alpha and Early Access. I'm sure the V1.0 will work much smoother in the future. 

Everytime I read this on a game forum, I get disappointed. Release version never runs smoothly.

On 08/03/2018 at 4:09 PM, H4ilToTheKing said:

Optimisation and CPU Core utilisation is an ongoing part of OWI dev plan.

But let's be clear, I invested in a very decent system for Squad and enjoy 100fps for 80% of my Squad play time, in 1440p at 1.25 resolution scale. (I limit fps to 100, often it would be significantly higher).

Certain maps and situations do drive the fps down for sure. Al Bashra comes to mind, I tend to be mid 70's on that map.

Aside from Squad I also can play other very demanding, EA titles at high fps. Escape from Tarkov comes to mind.

HT off used to be a decent call in Squad, but a while back that started to change. I now leave HT on as I can't be bothered to muck around to much with my system these day's.

For reference i'm running a i7 7700k at 4.8Ghz, HT on, MSI Gaming X 1080ti (with full texture loading off), 32GB DDR4 3000Mhz and nvme M.2 SSD.

I always quote fps results on full map's. I also always monitor them via MSI Afterburner etc. I used to be a performance junkie, but i'm better now................

On 3/8/2018 at 12:48 PM, SirrCharles said:

You don't know what you are talking about..

Let me enlighten you.

On a full 78 person server, or whatever size you play on, your system is calculating what EVERYONE ELSE IS DOING as well as yourself.  Just because you can't see them, unless your wall hacking, it's not just YOU on the screen.

That is the difference between a full server and an empty server.

Class dismissed.

56 minutes ago, SHO-SHIN said:

Optimisation and CPU Core utilisation is an ongoing part of OWI dev plan.

But let's be clear, I invested in a very decent system for Squad and enjoy 100fps for 80% of my Squad play time, in 1440p at 1.25 resolution scale. (I limit fps to 100, often it would be significantly higher).

Certain maps and situations do drive the fps down for sure. Al Bashra comes to mind, I tend to be mid 70's on that map.

Aside from Squad I also can play other very demanding, EA titles at high fps. Escape from Tarkov comes to mind.

HT off used to be a decent call in Squad, but a while back that started to change. I now leave HT on as I can't be bothered to muck around to much with my system these day's.

For reference i'm running a i7 7700k at 4.8Ghz, HT on, MSI Gaming X 1080ti (with full texture loading off), 32GB DDR4 3000Mhz and nvme M.2 SSD.

I always quote fps results on full map's. I also always monitor them via MSI Afterburner etc. I used to be a performance junkie, but i'm better now................

Agree, I used to be into max FPS before DX11 came out and changed "the game" so that it no longer required brute power to get good looking games.

Now my requirement is simply a "smooth" game play, and this game, for now, does not.  I'm very hopeful it will in the future because I thoroughly enjoy this game. 

On a side note, BF4 went from 110 FPS to 205 FPS on a full 64p server.  Frostbite is just exponentially better.  My only expectation from the outdated UR engine is simply for a smooth game play.  And constant dips to 42 FPS in a massive 32v32 battle...when compared to FB 32v32 that stays in triple digits...UR needs to be overhauled not updated

Posted (edited)
On 9.3.2018 at 9:04 PM, H4ilToTheKing said:

On a full 78 person server, or whatever size you play on, your system is calculating what EVERYONE ELSE IS DOING as well as yourself.  Just because you can't see them, unless your wall hacking, it's not just YOU on the screen.

You just say it yourself!

Your CPU is JUST too poor to calculate those and same time to calculate your own engine to achieve great FPS.

Cinebench r15 benchmark. Single Core performance test. How much you get?

Download Cinebench r15 test here

My CPU gets 230+ points @single core, 24/7.

Some people get 40fps, some get 100fps on Full servers. And dont say that you can get another game "X" 1000FPS and your CPU/RAM is enough powerfull for anything (just like an Squad, it's not).

Ivy Bridge (2012) is 6 year old architecture. 5-6 generation old, WITH DDR3 Ram.

Edited by Hiikeri

Posted (edited)
On 3/11/2018 at 8:20 PM, Hiikeri said:

You just say it yourself!

Your CPU is JUST too poor to calculate those and same time to calculate your own engine to achieve great FPS.

*Robin Williams Live on Broadway Buzzer impersonation*

If you had bothered to read my post that isn't even close to accurate.

I have to close down my CPU cores to increase frame rates.

Edited by H4ilToTheKing

Posted (edited)

I made this thread some year ago and even though MUCH has improved a LOT there still are issues.

http://forums.joinsquad.com/topic/23717-cpu-performance-monitor-on-6-core-47-ghz-squad-problem-in-a-nutshell/?tab=comments#comment-257681

/edit

When I say a lot I mean A LOT. Hat off to devs for the new animation system and other new sub systems.

Edited by old_Sneakers