Name: Korengal

Size: 4km

Teams: US and INS (Taliban/Insurgents)

Gameplay: Invasion, Insurgency, and maybe AAS

Download link: Korengal Valley - Walk Around - Alpha

Description:

Qv8NCmn.png

Korengal 4 km is the map you love to hate and hate to love. It is being designed to be as accurate as possible while still allowing for artistic and gameplay elements.

What I loved about the original PR map was it was small which made it a pain to get around and ease to get lost all while having to navigating impassable areas and keeping in a lookout for ambushes. This will not change as I intend to build on what I learned in its original ... especially filling in all those inescapable holes.

In this re-imagining (I'm the same artist the created PR Korengal) I'm set to introduce multiple environments. From mountain rivers, crops, hillside villages, rocky mountain trails and snow covered mountain tops. While I don't have a cave system in my current plans yet, it's not unforeseeable.

• The landscape will be difficultly for any land vehicle. Roads are made for a purpose.
  • The US is not having a easy time. This is a uphill battle.
  • The map is being designed with the hopes for helicopters.
  • While I do enjoy AAS, cache hunts were always my favorite game mod. 
  • I'll do my best to add in points of interest from actual events.

Minimap : 
OImLYfW.jpg 

[ Showing the on going road next work creation. Blue being the previous roads, red are the new roads. ] 

Videos :

Korengal Outpost (KOP) : Info
3ukxv2j.png9A0Ulce.jpgirnkzKy.jpgxvAEGJ9.jpg
Unsure how this base will play out, I kinda like the idea of it being a start of game spawn only then then requiring resupply from Camp Blessing.

COP Michigan (Camp Blessing): Info
This will be the main uncapable US spawn. Command Outpost Michigan at the Pech River Valley in Kunar Province, Afghanistan

gbEkHJv.jpgOH1jq6L.jpg

Restrepo: Info
3eUmW17.png

Firebase Vegas/Phoenix: Info
qsuhIby.jpg

Valleys

qKb8Upf.jpgwLEXdMq.jpg56113VD.jpgoqlbhMB.jpgOreoujc.jpg

Crops
kfm6Gwq.jpgmlr6m2O.jpg
This will go thru a lot of work. Crops are a bit of an issues as you can see the from top down much more than other maps.

Mountains
49l8CWh.jpg0URzRIp.png4TSja5w.png

Bar Kanday
 bQLqJyq.jpgnbHQtAY.png

Wach Nawo
QyNywGj.jpg 

Sawtalo Sar / Abbas Ghar Ridge
(Not shown yet) 
This is where "Operation Red Wings" Ambush
went down. Involved a Black Hawk down.

Salar Ban
(Not shown yet) 

Ali Abad
wzOl9Dv.png

Laniyal
(Not shown yet) 

Dakalbat
(Not shown yet) 

Players against background

hL0jzEm.png

Edited by CodeRedFox

Oh awesome, I thought you had given up on this! Really looking forward to enjoying some tough korengal fighting in Squad!

13 hours ago, CodeRedFox said:

Korengal 4 km is the map you love to hate and hate to love. It is being designed to be as accurate as possible while still allowing for artistic and gameplay elements.

Hahaha you indeed are right, I loved and hated the map in PR. I think it is one of the best PR maps gameplay wise but can be really frustrating sometimes. Can´t wait to play this one!

Korengal was, far and away, my favorite PR map. I'm happy to see it return. Thanks!

Ah, Korengal! One of my favorite maps in PR! I thought we lost you and you have come back from the dead!

maxresdefault.jpg

VXwWIcH.jpg

Working a few hours a week on this. Spent the weekend working on the long road from the lower valley to Korengal. Here is a point of interest, a large water fall.

Edited by CodeRedFox

This was one of the best PR maps imo; the Squad version is looking superb so far - well done!

26 minutes ago, EA_SUCKS said:

will done when you are

when will it be finalized?

25 minutes ago, danielritual said:

when will it be finalized?

my guess is either in three weeks or soon :)

Please don't spam mappers topics guys with useless discussions like that.

18 hours ago, EA_SUCKS said:

my guess is either in three weeks or soon :)

This is the correct answer!

Whatever happened to this? It's been a month and we've heard nothing. I'm sure it's nothing and you'll be back soon, but just curious is all. I look forward to this map when it comes out! It looks really great and is going to be one heck of a firefight between both factions.

Posted (edited)
55 minutes ago, WarEagle751 said:

Whatever happened to this? It's been a month and we've heard nothing. I'm sure it's nothing and you'll be back soon, but just curious is all. I look forward to this map when it comes out! It looks really great and is going to be one heck of a firefight between both factions.

Still working on it. I'm a little more active on the discord :-)

My Squad times (gaming and mapping) been cut short recently but I'm still working on it!

Last screen shot from there was this:

"Working on upper Korengal tonight. Planning out the field and river. I'll have to go back over this with a building village pass."

https:\\cdn.discordapp.com\attachments\131516434210619393\419683981227851789\HighresScreenshot00000.png

Edited by CodeRedFox