8 hours ago, Romby said:

Is this the general modding discord or do you have a discord for this map?

Its the squad general modding discord. I try to keep this thread updated when ever I can.

Posted (edited)

Alpha walk around up on steam. Check the first page for DL link.

Edited by CodeRedFox

Posted (edited)

oTUWYym.jpg

Working on greeble pass here and there. 

1s2mIPT.jpg

My splat map guides

MQIitTB.jpg

uKBq2EU.jpg

X7b9BH2.jpg

ZoKe0dW.jpg

Edited by CodeRedFox

Posted (edited)

BIG UPDATE:

After some game play consideration I've expanded the maps road system. The reasoning was that while the US team would be able to get around in helo's to every part of the map and INS was going to have a hard time setting up FOB's with out a road system. This also allow the map to be played a lot more than just the valley. 

OImLYfW.jpg

Blue = Previous roads
Red =New road network

c0gqPIA.pngHOnx1n2.png3OpRnTZ.pngOV30hxv.pngqwDqw6d.pngnzSUy5o.png

Edited by CodeRedFox

Looking great! With the new roads, we can have alternate layouts on the map we can play now. 

Even the best game in the world is nothing without good maps! I really look forward to this.

Whoa, that is a heck of an update. Looks like there are going to be some fantastic ambush points, bwaha.

With the new roads system that was show I've also decided to expand...or stretch out the lower valley. This give more room for the village of Kandagal, COP Michigan and the future helicopter base to the East. Its still super WIP as I haven't flushed out the new landscape, houses and roads but with some fresh references of the area I can now build it out a lot better. 

to6fkyW.png

Old Lower Valley

iBrlm0h.png

New Lower Valley

For the technical people:

• I outputting my landscape as a 16bit PNG.
  • Opening it in Photoshop and moving the hills (on the left of the images).
  • Then re-importing the 16bit PNG file.

It surprisingly imported exactly as it exported with no odd changes. Woo Hoo! 

I was watching a few minutes of your stream.

the map looks, although WIP, very promising. :x

Do you have any concern regarding steepness of the roads or the lack of torque of some (heavier) vehicles? - From hat I saw, the techie had no problems.

Posted (edited)

When buiding the road I took a MATV up as my "must be less steep" indicator. I haven't tried all the roads with a logi truck tho.

Edited by CodeRedFox

WOW! OUTSTANDING WORK!

That water effect!!! Well done! It really gives impression of mountain stream!

Really like how you have real pictures and map/editor side by side to get that authentic look. I cant wait to play this map on a full server, some of my best (an thanks to those freaking holes worst) experiences in PR where on this very map.

I loved ambushing as a Taliban, the map really felt so amazing for unconventional forces. And when playing USA you always had to be careful where to step because the enemy was everywhere around you on those damn hills.

Good times...

And one more just for environment feels.

The water currently had a costly displacement on it. I'll look into ways of making that cheaper.

Posted (edited)

Hey everyone a small but sucky update. My video cards been taking a poop randomly with everything (other games, 3dmax, Nuke, Unreal).

The dreaded 

DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG

I'm not sure if its just a coincident but its happen only a few days after installing another version of Unreal, 4.20, for a different project. And I've done all the thing you can think of besides reinstalling the OS.

So for now Korengal is on hold until I can get a new card...But I'm weighting that against just getting a new computer. I'm rocking an older i7 with a GTX 770 and its starting to show its age.

Anyways, hope to get back into it soon :-\

Edited by CodeRedFox

4 hours ago, CodeRedFox said:
DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG

I'm not sure if its just a coincident but its happen only a few days after installing another version of Unreal, 4.20, for a different project. And I've done all the thing you can think of besides reinstalling the OS.

did you try to:

tool to down-clock gpu:

http://download.msi.com/uti_exe//vga/MSIAfterburnerSetup.zip

Yeah I tried all of those. The down-clock sorta worked but not where I would bet a save file on.

PLUS, how I'm I suppose to convince the wife I "need" a new computer when the old one still sorta works!