DudeofDeath

v10 lag spikes, fps drops

I am having the same issue, seemed to start after installing the V.10 alpha public test back in December.  I also have a AMD FX-9590 Black Knight processor with 16 GB RAM and an Sapphire RX-480 graphics card on Windows 10.

Tried about everything in updating drivers for graphics card, chipset drivers, general windows driver support fixes, re-installing game, verifying integrity, etc. etc.  Cleared User Cache multiple times in testing things  (Wait for vertical refresh is OFF/Frame Rate Target Control is OFF) [Have tried with both things ON but didn't help or hurt]    Changed DNS servers, NO change, checked to make sure access was allowed via router setting, all good there.   I reduced sound quality to low and restarted and have tried all graphics settings to see if anything resolved. The Preload Textures option is set to OFF.  Checked firewall and anti-virus, turned off for awhile and NO change.   It seems like a memory leak or a network issue.  Have no known heat issues, blew out case, cards, etc..  I have no other game that does this or has any issues like this or any issues.. 

I can join a server fine and get a steady 60-90 FPS for about 8-10 minutes then I get random lag spikes every 10-20 seconds apart, driving is impossible, frame rate goes from 65 FPS down to 14 FPS, and sometimes down to 2-3 FPS for 1-2 seconds then plays fine until the next spike 10-20 seconds later. My trying different drivers etc. I found the most stable AMD driver is Crimson ReLive Edition 17.11.1 so far.  Some of these fixes/updates got me a few more FPS when the game is not spiking but the game becomes pretty much unplayable after 10 minutes in any server.  Any help would allow me to play normally again.  ;) 

I have the same issue, although not nearly as frequently as "10-20 seconds". I seem to get it in bursts here and there. It's annoying as ****, but not the end of the world.

I've got a similar problem. Playing on any servers, after 30-40 minutes of game-play, my game freezes itself. The only thing i can do then is to go to task manager and close the game from processes tab. Even there i can barely get task manager to do anything, as it will lag just as much, and will give short notice of "task manager is not responding". This has happened since V.10 update. Tried updating drivers, played with Radeon app settings, but with no luck.

My specs are:
CPU Type: AMD FX(tm)-8350 Eight-Core Processor with 32gb RAM

Graphics Chipset: AMD Radeon (TM) R9 390 Series on Win7

DOwnload the latest version of Nvidia profile inspector 2.1.3.20 

(((my link to it was considered to be spam lol make sure to get the correct version))) 

and type squad in the line up top - select Framerate limiter mode V2 and select Hz.

turn vsync off in game and control panel 

True, but it didn't have the issues I have now since a few patches ago.  It's unplayable for me after 10 minutes.  bummer..

Once long time ago i had a new AMD graphics card that was expensive so i thought ok it will work for acouple of years.But no it was not the case i had problems with some games that got out that same year.

From that time till this day i only buy and use geforce graphics cards.Never had a problem with them.

Squad was my favorite game, now its unplayable, i wont play at 40 fps, with spikes, it completely destroys the action.. Its all about the new patch and their new animations etc.  The new additions to the game are good, but it came at the expense of performance.

On 2/19/2018 at 11:19 PM, Premier210 said:

I've got a similar problem. Playing on any servers, after 30-40 minutes of game-play, my game freezes itself. The only thing i can do then is to go to task manager and close the game from processes tab. Even there i can barely get task manager to do anything, as it will lag just as much, and will give short notice of "task manager is not responding". This has happened since V.10 update. Tried updating drivers, played with Radeon app settings, but with no luck.

My specs are:
CPU Type: AMD FX(tm)-8350 Eight-Core Processor with 32gb RAM

Graphics Chipset: AMD Radeon (TM) R9 390 Series on Win7

I am having something similar happen on my rig:

Windows 10 Home Premium 64 Bit

AMD R7 1700

AMD R9 390 8GB

The only difference is that for me it is random. I can go multiple game sessions without any issue. But when it happens, it messes up my entire computer and am forced to restart computer since task manager lags out just like you and get the dreaded "task manager is not responding".