Jeffy14

[Solved] No one can hear me but I can hear people

Hello,

Squad VOIP used to work fine for me but I havent played since V10.
Now I tried to come back, I can hear people but people cannot hear me.
Any idea why please?
Thank you

1 hour ago, samwiseOrigin said:

What kind of headset are you using?

hi,

Just a regular headset. It works on all games and used to work on Squad. Dunno whats going on

29 minutes ago, Jeffy14 said:

Just a regular headset. It works on all games and used to work on Squad. Dunno whats going on

There are some models that have some issues with Squad. Could you write the make & model and we might be able to help you more

2 minutes ago, Psyrus said:

There are some models that have some issues with Squad. Could you write the make & model and we might be able to help you more

My mic is the ModMic 5. My heaphone Audio Technicha.
My mic has always worked with Squad. 

8 minutes ago, Jeffy14 said:

My mic is the ModMic 5. My heaphone Audio Technicha.

Oh that's very interesting, it's the first time I've seen an issue with a 3.5mm jack based microphone like that. I assume it works fine in other games, yeah?

35 minutes ago, Psyrus said:

Oh that's very interesting, it's the first time I've seen an issue with a 3.5mm jack based microphone like that. I assume it works fine in other games, yeah?

Correct. It works fine with everything else and worked fine with Squad before.

What is your Default device set to in your Windows audio panel, under recording?

Another really dumb question from me... but assuming that you cleared your user data as recommended by the devs... have you been using the correct keybinds to talk since they were reset? I have all mine on custom keys which I have to rebind every time I update and clear the user data xD:

Squad VOIP: C

Command Channel: V

Local: Mouse button 3

7 hours ago, Psyrus said:

Another really dumb question from me... but assuming that you cleared your user data as recommended by the devs... have you been using the correct keybinds to talk since they were reset? I have all mine on custom keys which I have to rebind every time I update and clear the user data xD:

Squad VOIP: C

Command Channel: V

Local: Mouse button 3

Yes. When I press the Squad speak button I see my the speakers icon in green at the bottom left corner. My Squad sees it as well but no one can hear anything.

20 hours ago, Iku said:

What is your Default device set to in your Windows audio panel, under recording?

Damn man. I just noticed it was on the wrong one in Windows.... I did not realize it because in Discord it was properly setup and I use Discord to speak in most games. Stupid mistake of mine. Sorry for the waste of time. It works perfectly now.
Thank you very much for your help all.