MDPS

Corrupted Download (For Developers To Read)

Dear Developers,

I downloaded your game last Friday (7/24) and all was fine. I installed the game and played it with no problems at all. But yesterday I went to play it and the executable application was missing from my squad folder. I redownloaded the entire package to replace it but it froze up my download right around when it was nearly finished (I used Firefox's pre-installed download manager). Using a download manager I got the executable redownloaded, but when I went to extract it from the zip file it said that the file was corrupted and couldn't be accessed. The problem seems to be with the download, as it downloaded the other files perfectly fine, and its the application that wasn't working correctly.

If there's any suggestions you can provide to get it working again, or another download link you can give me, please do so. I don't know why it worked one day and suddenly stopped working from then on.

Thank you,

Josh (MDPS)

EDIT: I seem to be the only one having this issue so you could just PM me if you would prefer. Thanks!

I had a couple of files corrupted when I first downloaded it on Friday. Redownloaded without any pauses and it extracted without any problem(s). I suggest you use a different download manager like DAP, IDM, FDM.

Good luck.

I had a couple of files corrupted when I first downloaded it on Friday. Redownloaded without any pauses and it extracted without any problem(s). I suggest you use a different download manager like DAP, IDM, FDM.

Good luck.

I was using FDM, and it seems like that was the problem actually.

Did your antivirus eat the executable?

No my antivirus didn't report anything suspicious though I tested to be sure.

UPDATE: Its working now. Got it downlaoded and installed. I used Google Chrome's download manager instead of Firefox's and it worked. Thanks for your help anyways guys! I'm glad Squad has active developers that help out the community.

regarding download accelerators, don't use them, they sometimes can corrupt downloads.

It's the download manager's fault if the user has a slow or unstable internet connection. I never had a problem with IDM or DAP. FDM is good as well, but IDM's the best in my opinion.

I was using FDM, and it seems like that was the problem actually.

No my antivirus didn't report anything suspicious though I tested to be sure.

UPDATE: Its working now. Got it downlaoded and installed. I used Google Chrome's download manager instead of Firefox's and it worked. Thanks for your help anyways guys! I'm glad Squad has active developers that help out the community.

Well, glad to hear/read your problem's solved, man.