PR Vets vote here: Would you like to see a kashan type of map in squad?  

96 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see a kashan type of map in squad?

• Yes
    • No
    • Yes but with changes.

So I've been busy with a map, it's a map like Kashan, trying to get that rush feel, who would like to see this map? There will also be other modes that will change from being rush to more of a average game to something completely different. I need all the feedback and suggestions I can get.

Definetly, but with some little change would be better also.

No, it was only ever fun for the few asset people, rest had to be bored until the next map loaded.

It was a map for people playing heavy assets, the majority of the infantry were twiddling their thumbs in the bunkers for most of the round. Not fun at all.

Well there will be other areas that will support infantry, small villages and towns. Deserted fobs in the dunes, ect. I want the best balance between them

+1  Kashan is a map geared towards tanks & aircraft, neither of which are even in the game yet. It will just be a walking simulator. Start working on Muttrah City :)

9 hours ago, MultiSquid said:

It was a map for people playing heavy assets, the majority of the infantry were twiddling their thumbs in the bunkers for most of the round. Not fun at all.

Exactly this. If you didn't have an MBT it was time to take a break for a round.

Am I the only one that loved playing infantry on it? I loved the bunker gameplay a lot and the fear that you will die from those heavy assets if your head is out in the open for to long...

Im actually thinking of adding a tunnel system underneath the FASP, to spice it up more, to give infantry a break from the air combat and tanks. What are your guy's idea of this?

5 minutes ago, Noxxid3 said:

Im actually thinking of adding a tunnel system underneath the FASP, to spice it up more, to give infantry a break from the air combat and tanks. What are your guy's idea of this?

Sounds like that could really work, maybe make some doors that you need a breacher role for to enter?(if the role gets implemented what still is the plan from what I know) That would make it so that you still have to do something before you can enter the tunnels.

Just now, koschilein said:

Sounds like that could really work, maybe make some doors that you need a breacher role for to enter?(if the role gets implemented what still is the plan from what I know) That would make it so that you still have to do something before you can enter the tunnels.

Correct, im waiting for the usable doors for that then, the breacher class should still be a go.

I really enjoyed playing infantry on Kashan so I'd love to see this happen. There's something about being only a tiny part of a larger war that I liked and when you do achieve something it's well earned. Love a challenge...

Oh, and love your work and dedication to bring a beloved map back Noxx.

Edited by Chris Tud

10 hours ago, Jiggerlube said:

no. i've played enough kashan to last me 10 life times. 

Yes ...but we need tanks and air assets first ...

I don't get people against this. The infantry heavy gameplay will get stale after a while we're going to need big maps for when we get heavy assets ...I'm sure there always be servers that only run infantry maps (maps/layers available now)

+1

Edited by ♠DEG♠

Hell yeah , back to mah kashan. Now , i voted yes because i want this map to be introduced when heavy vehicles are in the game like tanks and jets but inf focused idk how it would play out

So my idea isnt just have to have a cluster of infantry getting messed up by tanks/helis. It will be focused on a great balance, but where infantry at points will have to deal with vehicles. There will be a pretty big town like in kashan, gas station, small villiage, oil field and mulitple FOBS that were abandoned around the map (Inspired by the main menu) 

damn dude, this is nice shit. Puts all the people saying maps arent for jets to shame. I remember flying MiGs on this map. 

7 hours ago, Ep1cOblivion said:

damn dude, this is nice shit. Puts all the people saying maps arent for jets to shame. I remember flying MiGs on this map. 

Well i just updated my previous thread of Sarau Desert, added many new screens and areas.

iTQdUsO.jpg Here is a new mini map generated photo, current thespline below the Fasp (Middle area) isnt completed yet, going to put a city there.

11 hours ago, Noxxid3 said:

Well i just updated my previous thread of Sarau Desert, added many new screens and areas.

iTQdUsO.jpg Here is a new mini map generated photo, current thespline below the Fasp (Middle area) isnt completed yet, going to put a city there.

A city instead of bunkers? To my knowleadge there is north and south bunkers in mah kashan

4 hours ago, maze2 said:

A city instead of bunkers? To my knowleadge there is north and south bunkers in mah kashan

Not inside of the bunkers but if you check the thread of my new screenshot you will see a city being made

If it is for rush, then no. 

If it is more true to the PR legacy then absolutely. Rush gameplay can die in a fire, but it is great to finally see some nice big asset centric maps, so bravo to you!