PR Vets vote here: Would you like to see a kashan type of map in squad?  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see a kashan type of map in squad?

• Yes
    • No
    • Yes but with changes.

17 hours ago, Jeepo said:

If it is for rush, then no. 

If it is more true to the PR legacy then absolutely. Rush gameplay can die in a fire, but it is great to finally see some nice big asset centric maps, so bravo to you!

I'm going for a balance, not rushing to other flags but what made kashan great, I want to perfect mix for infantry and vehicle combat. Areas where infantry can be while dealing with vehicles as well

Mostly played inf on that map and it was still fun! Great work on Sarau

This map only worked due to armor/inf/CAS (/transport) crossplay. To make this work in PR, inf would at least need the TOW or a suitable HAT Kit (don't get me started about tandem rpg...).

Im trying to make all of it balanced, hopefully the City Of Sodul  will help with that.

On 19/02/2018 at 4:54 PM, Noxxid3 said:

I'm going for a balance, not rushing to other flags but what made kashan great, I want to perfect mix for infantry and vehicle combat. Areas where infantry can be while dealing with vehicles as well

Then sounds great!

5 hours ago, Jeepo said:

Then sounds great!

Thanks! I need the most feedback of the map!

So im not going for a major/Small mid city on the southern end, so i ended up doing a southern village with the buildings from Al Basarah but i plan on adding a oil field with buring smoke in the air like from the gulf war.

I started playing PR right when .7 came out, and I still remember my very first game loading up in Kashan right next to an A10 taking off. Coming from a strong BF2 vanilla background, I was blown away. Kashan cannot exist without gunruns against enemy superfobs. Sniper takes out AA gunner, then lazes hostiles and wipe out an entire team trying to build... Also epic tank battles...

This is an awesome classic map, so happy you are re-doing it.... I loved the tension you get when on the open plains with the burning oil fields as a backdrop.... re-creating that would be prety awesome when the M1 Abrams, etc get added, I think it will be a well played map if done well.

I agree dont build up the urban areas, just single story villages, etc.

Another advice, would be not to "over-do" the hills, especially the eastern hills... if anything, making them a bit less prominent than the original kashan.  the hill sniping that often occured in those hills due to their over-powering overwatch of the bunker area was not that wonderful gameplay

the enjoyment of the map for me was the combined arms flavor of gameplay, especially with the combo of armor combat in the plains, and infantry survivability in the bunker area as well as villages etc.

Can't wait to give it a play test when ready!

Edited by fuzzhead

As long as there's an 'inf' layer with transport helos and minimal armoured assets I'll be happy. Plenty a good round back in the day flying the BH/Cow round picking up inf squads to quickly assault new flags or daring bunker runs.

Agree with Fuzzhead that the eastern hill shouldn't be as a pronounced as the original. The sight range with the inclusion of heavy armour would be killer for balance, would make them vital ground in that whoever controls them controls the map essentially and I don't think that would be good for playability.

17 hours ago, fuzzhead said:

This is an awesome classic map, so happy you are re-doing it.... I loved the tension you get when on the open plains with the burning oil fields as a backdrop.... re-creating that would be prety awesome when the M1 Abrams, etc get added, I think it will be a well played map if done well.

I agree dont build up the urban areas, just single story villages, etc.

Another advice, would be not to "over-do" the hills, especially the eastern hills... if anything, making them a bit less prominent than the original kashan.  the hill sniping that often occured in those hills due to their over-powering overwatch of the bunker area was not that wonderful gameplay

the enjoyment of the map for me was the combined arms flavor of gameplay, especially with the combo of armor combat in the plains, and infantry survivability in the bunker area as well as villages etc.

Can't wait to give it a play test when ready!

Its not a remake but more of my own take on the inspiration of that map, and what it created. I will be putting it up on steam workshop later when layers are added after some other assets as well and optimization 

13 hours ago, AnimalMother said:

As long as there's an 'inf' layer with transport helos and minimal armoured assets I'll be happy. Plenty a good round back in the day flying the BH/Cow round picking up inf squads to quickly assault new flags or daring bunker runs.

Agree with Fuzzhead that the eastern hill shouldn't be as a pronounced as the original. The sight range with the inclusion of heavy armour would be killer for balance, would make them vital ground in that whoever controls them controls the map essentially and I don't think that would be good for playability.

There will be :)

Sometimes an armor heavy fight can be fun. What's wrong with just placing more heavy armor assets in the mains to simulate an engagement between armored forces? Why do teams in game ALWAYS have to have the same infantry-heavy composition?

Posted (edited)

keep up the good work! 

i cant wait for heavy assets. from devs or by mods it will happen for maps like this.

some good clips get me stoaked from the pr days.

Edited by ♠DEG♠

On 2/28/2018 at 5:34 PM, YankeeSamurai said:

Sometimes an armor heavy fight can be fun. What's wrong with just placing more heavy armor assets in the mains to simulate an engagement between armored forces? Why do teams in game ALWAYS have to have the same infantry-heavy composition?

Could be a layer too, i was thinking that.

On 2/28/2018 at 11:07 PM, ♠DEG♠ said:

keep up the good work! 

i cant wait for heavy assets. from devs or by mods it will happen for maps like this.

some good clips get me stoaked from the pr days.

Im waiting for Official dev release

Everybody used to bash on Kashan but I personally loved it due to the vehicle warfare on a large scale, I personally ALWAYS went infantry, but I loved seeing jets and helis fly over and do a CAS, tanks in a distance firing, TOWS destroying everything, IGLAS flying overhead, great experience 

On 3/4/2018 at 5:39 AM, MINTY said:

Everybody used to bash on Kashan but I personally loved it due to the vehicle warfare on a large scale, I personally ALWAYS went infantry, but I loved seeing jets and helis fly over and do a CAS, tanks in a distance firing, TOWS destroying everything, IGLAS flying overhead, great experience 

Hopefully calling in air strikes will come in this one ;)

On 11/03/2018 at 6:06 AM, Noxxid3 said:

Hopefully calling in air strikes will come in this one ;)

Watching a JDAM drop on enemy cap and then rushing was one of the best things about PR