TwistedSunshine

Ridiculous accuracy.

4 hours ago, DaiaBu said:

Forgive me, but it seems like you might have quoted the wrong post, or at least, misunderstood the point I was making, as your response doesn't seem to make sense in the context of what I said. 

I wasn't disputing how hard is is to shoot in real life, I was disputing your claim that it's not equally as hard in Squad. You say it's easy to shoot targets at 500+ metres with ironsights - I say that's an exaggeration. Unless I am even worse at the game then I thought, then I would say that it is very hard to hit targets at that distance in this game. I find shooting at anything over 100 metres very difficult with ironsights. 

My point was simply that I like having realistic weapon handling, but I think you were exaggerating how easy it as to shoot targets in Squad. Citing real life hit/miss ratios to tell me I'm wrong in that assertion doesn't seem to make much sense. 

Well my reply might seem a bit off topic but the point I was trying to make is that people will miss a whole lot more often than they hit their intended target. Can you go check the two video's I made above your post? I can do this at even further ranges if required. I'd honestly feel confident to hit 3 targets in quick succession at 1500 meters offhand with the m110 and 600 meters with ironsights with the m4. I might just prove that if I have time but regardless the video's I've already made speak volumes already. Keep in mind I am not very experienced with squad anymore as I play other games in my spare time so you might as well class this as a very average aim.

Edited by TwistedSunshine

Hmm... What kind of monitor/settings do you use? Those targets seem vastly more clear than they are on my 1980*1280 monitor with 90 degree FOV. Do you use like 60 degree FOV or something? This may explain why you think shooting is too easy and everyone else thinks its too hard

Edited by tatzhit

5 minutes ago, tatzhit said:

Hmm... What kind of monitor/settings do you use? Those targets seem vastly more clear than they are on my 1980*1280 monitor with 90 degree FOV. Do you use like 60 degree FOV or something? This may explain why you think shooting is too easy and everyone else thinks its too hard

90 field of view also, I don't think you can lower it more than that anyway unless I'm mistaken. It's this monitor - https://www.scan.co.uk/products/27-asus-pg278qr-rog-swift-wqhd-165hz-g-sync-gaming-monitor-tn-2560x1440-1ms-10001-adjustable-vesa-dp

Better monitor then? The targets seem far more clear in your YT vids than they are on my firing range practice. I can barely hit at 300, and definitely takes me a much longer time aiming

I also have a 1920x1080p monitor, asus vg248qe laying around. I will check it out later today and see if it makes a big difference. Keep in mind my main monitor is a 27inch and I think the 1080p is 24inch so maybe that will make a difference. 

Try these settings

screen sharpening = 0.50
anti-aliasing = off
super sampling = 1.25x so it's actually rendering higher than 1440p though to be honest I don't notice a huge difference between off and 1.25x 
effects = low
shadows = medium
view distance = low

all other options unticked. 

What graphics card do you have by the way? I've got a msi gaming 980 ti 6G. It's doing fine at 1440p still.

Another video just to show how difficult it is to hit targets out there. 

He really must be a bad shot right? Considering I can hit targets at 1000 meters offhand.... in squad that is. :D

16 hours ago, Hotpokkaminny said:

post a video of you getting iron sight headshots at 600 metres or off you trot

I find it amazing how you find that to be impossible considering I just showed you 1000m offhand shooting with ease. Sure there is greatly added difficulty in hitting something that is running around, however what you amazingly seem to fail to understand is that I'm not complaining that people move when I shoot at them! I'm clearly showing a glaring issue of being able to shoot inhumanly accurate. The most accurate rifle in the best shooters hands cannot offhand 1000m man sized targets every single time.  

Also watch that mouth of yours, it will get you in deep trouble one day. 

On 17/02/2018 at 2:02 AM, TwistedSunshine said:

Can you go check the two video's I made above your post? I can do this at even further ranges if required. I'd honestly feel confident to hit 3 targets in quick succession at 1500 meters offhand with the m110 and 600 meters with ironsights with the m4.

your first vid at the range shows you hitting a static body-sized target at only 300m, not 600m. (ps: blurry start of the vid hides the first volley totally, you're shooting at a tiny white blob - the second volley looks as if one shot should have been about a meter wide but hit anyway)

the second vid shows you using a high magnification optic that inflates everyting well beyond normal vision in-game and you are hitting the man-sized targets at 1000m, not 1500m. both times targets look only a few pixels wide by a handfull tall, pretty small target on anything but a practice range.

how about you actually make those vids at 600 & 1500 to prove your point and to settle some disbelief herein and make them in-game, not on the range - i'd like to see you dropping peeps (headshots. coz, you said ... ) at 600m using the M4-irons, in a,  you know, 'offhanded' way

"offhand" - what do you mean exactly because i've always thought that 'off-hand' is either a "reactionary" thing or simply means opposite of your nromal 'handedness' - i'm right handed, so off-hand for me would be my left.

your version of "off hand" apparently means wait-until-the-sway-stops before shooting.

On 16/02/2018 at 3:39 AM, TwistedSunshine said:

Not true, go check the miss/hit ratio of the us army in recent conflicts. The results are staggering in terms of misses and rightly so because shooting is not easy at longer ranges. 

you can't argue/compare RL directly with in-game! DaiaBu was talking in-game and you hit him with RL as a rebuttal?! i'm also sure the army will be blind-firing and suppressing a lot more than they do on the range, so comparing hit/miss 'easyness' in 'recent conflicts' to a practice range or a game is pointless, imo.

On 15/02/2018 at 1:34 PM, TwistedSunshine said:

... you can stick a scope on a pistol and put a round through someones head at 300 meters every single time.

um,  ... !

i agree it appears to be easy to hit peeps more than 200 meters due solely to the stabilised aim and i think it should change (your vids show this perfectly) - there should always be some sway (more when standing - less when prone) unless you are using a bipod/emplacement.

1 hour ago, LaughingJack said:

your first vid at the range shows you hitting a static body-sized target at only 300m, not 600m. (ps: blurry start of the vid hides the first volley totally, you're shooting at a tiny white blob - the second volley looks as if one shot should have been about a meter wide but hit anyway)

the second vid shows you using a high magnification optic that inflates everyting well beyond normal vision in-game and you are hitting the man-sized targets at 1000m, not 1500m. both times targets look only a few pixels wide by a handfull tall, pretty small target on anything but a practice range.

how about you actually make those vids at 600 & 1500 to prove your point and to settle some disbelief herein and make them in-game, not on the range - i'd like to see you dropping peeps (headshots. coz, you said ... ) at 600m using the M4-irons, in a,  you know, 'offhanded' way

"offhand" - what do you mean exactly because i've always thought that 'off-hand' is either a "reactionary" thing or simply means opposite of your nromal 'handedness' - i'm right handed, so off-hand for me would be my left.

your version of "off hand" apparently means wait-until-the-sway-stops before shooting.

you can't argue/compare RL directly with in-game! DaiaBu was talking in-game and you hit him with RL as a rebuttal?! i'm also sure the army will be blind-firing and suppressing a lot more than they do on the range, so comparing hit/miss 'easyness' in 'recent conflicts' to a practice range or a game is pointless, imo.

um,  ... !

i agree it appears to be easy to hit peeps more than 200 meters due solely to the stabilised aim and i think it should change (your vids show this perfectly) - there should always be some sway (more when standing - less when prone) unless you are using a bipod/emplacement.

I cannot take you seriously when you take my words out of context. If you want a conversation go back and understand exactly what was said. 

"Offhand" to most shooters means not supported, so just in (off) the hands of the shooter. Not tied to a  stance perse, can be standing, kneeled or prone.
So no bipods, sandbags, shooting bench, etc. I think a sling is usually not seen as support.

6 hours ago, Nimbus said:

"Offhand" to most shooters means not supported, so just in (off) the hands of the shooter. Not tied to a  stance perse, can be standing, kneeled or prone.
So no bipods, sandbags, shooting bench, etc. I think a sling is usually not seen as support.

Correct, my understanding of why the word offhand became to be used is because, well let me explain it.

Are you a right hand shooter? If so, where is your right hand placed on the firearm? The stocks grip with your trigger finger on the trigger. And where is your offhand? Holding the rifle steady placed on the forestock. I literally just broke some minds on here with that revelation. :D

14 hours ago, TwistedSunshine said:

I cannot take you seriously when you take my words out of context. If you want a conversation go back and understand exactly what was said. 

Are you some kind of idiot? 

Every time someone answers you, you assert that they dont understand or didnt read what you said. Or you accuse them of disagreeing purely for its own sake etc. How damn disingenuous can you be? I say disingenuous because if your not being intentionally dishonest the alternative is that you are extremely dense. 

The only "conversation" you seem to think is valid is if someone reads your post and agrees with you. 

10 minutes ago, Hvolute said:

Every time someone answers you, you assert that they dont understand or didnt read what you said. Or you accuse them of disagreeing purely for its own sake etc. How damn disingenuous can you be? I say disingenuous because if your not being intentionally dishonest the alternative is that you are extremely dense. 

The only "conversation" you seem to think is valid is if someone reads your post and agrees with you. 

He asks if I'm an idiot? LOL

Let's fact check your points here.... yup! no points are valid as I thought. If that was your attempt to get under my skin you have failed miserably. Here's a tip if you want to get to me you have to make sense first and foremost. Goodluck with that! 

5 minutes ago, TwistedSunshine said:

He asks if I'm an idiot? LOL

Let's fact check your points here.... yup! no points are valid as I thought. If that was your attempt to get under my skin you have failed miserably. Here's a tip if you want to get to me you have to make sense first and foremost. Goodluck with that! 

How long are you going to keep responding to things by simply deflecting them? Just about every time someone criticizes your posts, often in detail, you respond with single line responses where you just tell them they dont understand or didnt read you. Or that their response was ill motivated. 

Just like my last post for that matter. My "point" was clearly the above, that you never respond to arguments, you just deflect them.  But you deflected even that. 

Edited by Hvolute

29 minutes ago, Hvolute said:

Here, to show you that I'm actually a very nice person. I'll give you a heads up on something I think you were referring to. 

16 hours ago, LaughingJack said:

your first vid at the range shows you hitting a static body-sized target at only 300m, not 600m.

and you are hitting the man-sized targets at 1000m, not 1500m. 

how about you actually make those vids at 600 & 1500 to prove your point and to settle some disbelief 

The reason I said I do not want to continue a conversation with this person is because I stated that I may or may not take the time to make those video clips, I haven't taken the time to make them. However the fact remains that I have already made two video clips of 300m ironsight shooting offhand with 100% accuracy and 1000m offhand shooting with almost 100% accuracy firing in quick succession. The fact that 1000m offhand shooting does not prove my point already and apparently it MUST be 1500m to seem off is laughable in my opinion. 

Edit - What I also find hilarious is the fact they seem to deem it necessary to switch the targets from steel to flesh "well in game". My god have I been lied to my whole life! I thought shooting on a range at paper and steel was training you to shoot better and hit your targets more frequently, who ever knew! You actually need a human or animal to stand down range for it to be valid. O.o

1 minute ago, Hvolute said:

How long are you going to keep responding to things by simply deflecting them? Just about every time someone criticizes your posts, often in detail, you respond with single line responses where you just tell them they dont understand or didnt read you. Or that their response was ill motivated. 

Just like my last post for that matter. My "point" was clearly the above, that you never respond to arguments, you just deflect them.  But you deflected even that. 

No offense, and I seriously don't mean to offend you. But why would you expect me to respond to your points that are completely baseless. I do not care to discuss anything when you perceive my words completely backwards at times. There's no discussion to be had between you and I and I do not want to argue and go back and forth. When you prove to me you can comprehend what is being said THEN I can talk to you. It's not meant to be taken as an insult. It's my own right to talk to those that I wish to talk to. 

3 minutes ago, TwistedSunshine said:

Here, to show you that I'm actually a very nice person. I'll give you a heads up on something I think you were referring to. 

The reason I said I do not want to continue a conversation with this person is because I stated that I may or may not take the time to make those video clips, I haven't taken the time to make them. However the fact remains that I have already made two video clips of 300m ironsight shooting offhand with 100% accuracy and 1000m offhand shooting with almost 100% accuracy firing in quick succession. The fact that 1000m offhand shooting does not prove my point already and apparently it MUST be 1500m to seem off is laughable in my eyes. 

Sorry, but that is bullshit. 

He pointed out that your existing test videos do not beget your claims of what you think you can do at other ranges. You need to either make those videos or stuff it. If you found issue with that, you should have responded with what you just posted above instead of some asinine response where you claim he is taking you out of context when he clearly is not. 

But of course, it apparently takes some master genius to understand any of your posts well enough to even comment on them.....

6 minutes ago, TwistedSunshine said:

No offense, and I seriously don't mean to offend you. But why would you expect me to respond to your points that are completely baseless. I do not care to discuss anything when you perceive my words completely backwards at times. There's no discussion to be had between you and I and I do not want to argue and go back and forth. When you prove to me you can comprehend what is being said THEN I can talk to you. It's not meant to be taken as an insult. It's my own right to talk to those that I wish to talk to. 

Again this is the same shit. No one understands you, and therefore everything we say in response apparently doesnt warrant any response more detailed from you than "you just dont get what Im saying"

2 minutes ago, Hvolute said:

He pointed out that your existing test videos do not beget your claims of what you think you can do at other ranges. You need to either make those videos or stuff it. If you found issue with that, you should have responded with what you just posted above instead of some asinine response where you claim he is taking you out of context when he clearly is not. 

But of course, it apparently takes some master genius to understand any of your posts well enough to even comment on them.....

And here we have it, this guy thinks hitting man sized steel targets at 1000m offhand in quick succession is normal. Anyone who has shot a firearm is shitting themselves with laughter when they read this I hope you realize that. 

And don't forget people, I'm the ignorant idiot here. :D

1 minute ago, TwistedSunshine said:

And here we have it, this guy thinks hitting man sized steel targets at 1000m offhand in quick succession is normal. Anyone who has shot a firearm is shitting themselves with laughter when they read this I hope you realize that. 

Where did I say that in that post? Nowhere. How in the hell did you even read that into it?

Since your slow ill say what I said all over again. 

There is a big difference between 300m and 600m. And there is a big difference between 1000m and 1500m. 

And the other thing you dont seem to get is that there is a difference between the precise manner in which firearms handle in real life and what abstraction is appropriate in game to get a proportional representation of that. 

4 minutes ago, Hvolute said:

Again this is the same shit. No one understands you, and therefore everything we say in response apparently doesnt warrant any response more detailed from you than "you just dont get what Im saying"

Dude you need to figure out what you are trying to achieve here, being ignorant and stirring shit or trying to learn something from someone who in this situation knows a whole lot more than you about the subject at hand. 

1 minute ago, TwistedSunshine said:

Dude you need to figure out what you are trying to achieve here, being ignorant and stirring shit or trying to learn something from someone who in this situation knows a whole lot more than you about the subject at hand. 

You are still doing the deflection crap. You didnt answer a single thing in that post. You just typed some nonsensical drivel that had nothing to do with what I said. 

"Dude you need to figure out what you are trying to achieve here, being ignorant and stirring shit or trying to learn something from someone who in this situation knows a whole lot more than you about the subject at hand. "

How arrogant can you possibly be? That last bit was some top level narcissism 

On 15/02/2018 at 10:07 PM, TwistedSunshine said:

Here's that video I was promising. 

Thats good shooting 300m with iron sights standing up.

I cant comment on the second 1000m video as I dont use that weapon, but it also looks like good shooting if standing up for sure.

Just a polite notice to all, keep it polite and on topic moving forward or I will start to edit and then close this down.

Reread what you write, adjust and post.............

Max render in game is 1200m, enjoy. and Yes I know I messed up as I was crouching, uploading a standing clip as a follow up video as you read this.

and here you go, standing taking shots at 1200m

I know this will trigger some of you guys but honestly if targets even rendered at 2000m and I had enough magnification to see them I could honestly hit 2000m targets standing without an issue. But the range doesn't support that nor do the targets even render past 1200m so you will just have to go off of what I've already shown. With a few more levels of magnification I could headshot those targets at 1200m as well. It's just hard to see them with such a low power scope.