virusman

This is looks bad <----

settings are all high .

x1.25 , T+FXAA  .  nvidea +10 saturation incresse .

i have 1 question . who decide on this colors ? this is looks good for you ? 

a,b,c of design is make contrast . your game have none

Image_2.jpg

small twiks with color balance and contrast levels and  already looks better 

22.jpg

Edited by virusman

The first picture looks a lot more realistic to me. I suppose the second looks prettier because of vibrant colors.

it in no way "looks bad" and i agree with Tatzhit. second one just looks more blue and the clouds seem to be making overly strong shadows due to the extra contrast (btw virusman, contrast is not the abc of design, otherwise everything would be black&white).

9 hours ago, LaughingJack said:

it in no way "looks bad" and i agree with Tatzhit. second one just looks more blue and the clouds seem to be making overly strong shadows due to the extra contrast (btw virusman, contrast is not the abc of design, otherwise everything would be black&white).

contrast doesnt have to be black and white . its can be done with shapes and different colors . with right contrast you get more depth in the game . 

as the game right now he looks flat , boring and dead  .

. look outside the window and you will see the reality not look like this game .

Let's be honest here guys. Squad looks like crap for a game of this day and age. I'm not talking about the technology either, I'm talking actual design.

I remember when I saw a video on yt, when I got to know about the game. It looked like a mod based on a somewhat old engine.

big spaces, big server load due to player numbers, lots of assets in motion, in development.

Gameplay is winning despite all the hurdles above....gamplay is important - in a game.

At this stage I think the game is great. Gameplay is fun. Visuals are not distracting. Performance is adequate.

1 minute ago, suds said:

big spaces, big server load due to player numbers, lots of assets in motion, in development.

Gameplay is winning despite all the hurdles above....gamplay is important - in a game.

At this stage I think the game is great. Gameplay is fun. Visuals are not distracting. Performance is adequate.

Agreed on the gameplay part. Disagreed strongly on the performance part.

Actually my gripe here is the performance being so bad while the game also looks really bad. Right now, after v10, I can't enjoy the gameplay because the game runs horribly.

buy a 7 year old cpu and gfx card, set settings to medium. easy.