aWeisGuy

What conflicts would you like to see in game?

Something cold war involving the Russians in some way vs British or American forces. A battle in Berlin perhaps. Basically a battle involving huge Joseph Stalin tanks and Large American/British tanks of the era.

or you could have some sort of armed revolt against the Russians. German people vs. Russians. 

You could go through this list and find something: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_conflicts_related_to_the_Cold_War

Cold War Russians and Americans would be ideal. So many nations and conflicts up to present day use those weapons and equipment (or close enough).

Much value for time spent making it.

No interest  in the Kosovo conflict? To my knowledge its never been represented in a game.

edit: bad word choices

Sri Lankan Civil War, LTTE (Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam) vs Sri Lankan Military.

All kinds of environments not to mention naval and air combat (yes the LTTE a rebel group grow so big that they had their own Air Force and navy). Not to mention it lasted decades so a lot of vehicles and weapons are on the table.

its been covered multiple times previously that terrorist organizations will not be named in Squad.

commercial product, no go.

Will not be named, we could still have an analogue.

I would love to see the Falklands War being introduced in a game, i don't think i ever seen that war in a videogame.

Iran vs. Iraq.

Apache vs Hind. F-14s... Modern weaponry in a fairly recent all out war. Oil rigs vs attack boats that have AA guns on them. I'm sure there's more. What's not to love.

YPG vs. ISIS - Both lightly armed, fast Rebel/INS mix, occasional BMPs. Open desert + urban areas. Siege of Kobane, Tell Abyad Offensive.

Houthi vs. Saudi-backed Hadi Forces - Rebels clash with Rebels with heavier equipment. Mountain village areas. Battle of Dhale, Nihm Offensive.

Pro-Ukraine Militia vs. Russian-backed Militia - Rebel v Rebel with heavy equipment on both sides. Rural villages, forests. Battles around the Svitlodarska-Duha bulge, Donetsk Airport.

IRA vs. British Army - Western INS clash with western regular Army in open, green rural areas.

British Army vs. US Army - Just because. History is cyclical or whatever. Second Battle of Saratoga.

Indian Ghurka UN troops + South African PMCs vs. Sierra Leonean Revolutionary United Front

-> interesting jungle conflict with older small arms, AFVs and helicopters on one side and old weaponry that kind of already exists in the game on the other side.

IDF vs HAMAS/ Insurgents

-> stressful city conflict with basically one side already in the game.

MEC/ Syria vs up-armoured Insurgents (looking at you, T-55A)

-> combined arms battle in sparsely populated desertish/ green landscape with small towns.

1. Syria Ops (Russia vs Rebels)
  2. Ukraine Coflict (Russia vs Insurgents)
  3. Gaza (IDF vs Rebels)
  4. Afghan (US vs Ins)
  5. CHECHNYA (RU vs INS) (Strike at Grozny was the reason why I joined PR)

PWEASE

4 hours ago, extaa said:

Ukraine Coflict (Russia vs Insurgents)

Excuse me, what?

Isn't there something wrong here?

Some sort of anti piracy operation, be it african pirates or carribean pirates. Just want some big ass destroyer ship patrolling cargo ships to defend them.

On 26.10.2018 at 9:53 PM, sanf said:

Excuse me, what?

Isn't there something wrong here?

Hahaha, I see.

The writeups in brackets mean names of in-game sides we already have which will simulate the conflict. Obviously no one is going to add Ukranian models into the game.

With tanks coming. I'd love to see a battle of 73 eastings with the Iraqi t-72s out numbering the m1's 3 to 1.  Out in the middle of the Iraqi desert.

After that I'd love to see a battle of Sadr City from summer 2008.  Iraqi insurgents fighting US Army/ Marine forces building the wall down the center of route gold.  Additional air equipment such as MQ1 predators and the Helos that will eventually make it into the stock game, would be needed .

And finally, revisiting the Korengal Valley, but in a dramatically more realistic and to scale effort than what PR provided.  Need fixed wing CAS for this though.

Edited by Hooves