Mad Ani

How many will be moving from SQUAD to Post Scriptum?

1 hour ago, FeatherSton3 said:

Not buying Post Scriptum unless someone gifts me it. Think about it this way. Post Scriptum isn't really do almost anything "new" or "from scratch". They are taking most of the work from squad's gamemodes, and just improving them in their own ways, not really making too many new modes. Also, they are directly copying squad's v10 animation system instead of doing their own. It's basically a copy/paste WWII shooter adding in tanks. I think it will be a no thanks from me.

That doesn't make sense... they're not "copying", they licensed OWI's UE4 engine changes to build their game. So since OWI is updating the animation system, PS's team reaps those benefits. That's like saying squad is just "copying" everything that the UE4 devs worked tirelessly to create (besides those pieces that have been custom developed by OWI) and therefore they aren't really doing anything themselves. 

Why should developers have to reinvent the wheel every time if someone has already done the hard-yards and is willing to license their work?

Edit: Why use jQuery when I could build every edge case in myself with raw JS o.O?

Edited by Psyrus

Calm down, he's saying it's not different enough which I agree with. The gameplay I've seen doesn't look like anything special and the whole "we're not mod now hehe" debacle  doesn't help either. Pass.

I see no reason not to have both in my library. They'll have a completely different game flow, pace and feel if only because of working with weapons that are naturally slower with a far more limited number of auto and even semi-automatic weapons.

Of course, it will get an explosion of players when its initially put into open access (late Alpha?), so I'm unlikely to purchase it initially but after that first flush I'm sure I'll be looking to buy it. 

Yes, plenty of similarities in UI between Squad and PS but that's a good thing to me...and as the use of the game engine etc are all above board and legal I have no issues with this. They'll be DIFFERENT enough in game play (where it counts) that I'm sure they can live alongside each other and I'd be happy to alternate game evenings between them.  

after playing in the closed alpha for that somewhat public event i couldnt play squad for afew days after, tho i think that was due to such the high level of teamwork it had.

Of course when its released to every *** and his dog that will change and youll get situations like you do with squad now. Overall i love it and will continue to play both as evenly as possible..... Some times it may come down to which mates are playing what game and who i feel like playing with

Hypotetical question? Hard to tell without gameplay , watching recorded closed gameplay does however show environments and sounds not present in SQ.  So PS Will be my next install once available, 

then again who knows what SQ Has to offer in the coming mnths

To any people spiting on PS. Have you ever played ww2 game such as Day of Infamy? Modern games are  ''aim then shoot' while the ww2 is more hasardous, knifes are more usable, weapons have a slower rate of fire, which let u dodge bullet. Everything seems more intense et harder in those ww2 games, which is why it is an overused theme but that we like.

I'll definitely play both.

WWII has been largely a genre overdone the wrong way so it's nice to see something coming that does more what I'm interested in.

The lack of plentiful optics on both teams will draw out the fights more. I'm excited.

There is room for both in my library. If I can't get on my favourite Squad servers I'll hop onto PS for some fun. I expect a little different pace with PS so it might be more what takes my fancy on the day. Hearing the Spitfire and Stuka CAS in PS is just awesome and I hope we can get something similar in Squad with the A10 etc.

As a HLL backer I still very much enjoy WW2. It seems to finally being done right now with decent team focus gameplay. Sadly RO lacked that element for me.

Moving?  No.  I play a good number of games right now.. I'll defiantly be adding this to the list asap.  No need to be moving.

On 15/02/2018 at 10:53 AM, Psyrus said:

As I get older, my snap aiming reflexes are getting worse and worse

Were they ever good to begin with, mate?

Haha.

On 6/3/2018 at 9:26 AM, mo0nbuggy1 said:

Were they ever good to begin with, mate?

Haha.

Going from a 3/10 to a 1/10 is still worse :P 

24 minutes ago, _randombullet said:

Not paying for a mod. It doesnt really look that good to me anyways.

It's different enough from Squad to feel like a different game, so your choice to miss out (tho what am i even saying, i got it for free:P).

Not into the whole ww1 ww2 games, never was. Staying with squad until the ww3 game comes out and might buy it/play it more if it's good.