I believe that the minigun should be implemented in squad because it would create an exciting model and experience for both the developers, while staying within the confines of realism. The minigun would be mounted on the MRAP, and would be effective, but realistically limited by barrel overheating, and simple ammunition supply to firing rate ratio.

Edited by ComradeStalin
forgot key information

Unfortunately, if we ever see SF, SOF units implemented into the game, we probably wont see the m134 in the game. If you state that it would "confine to the realism of the game," you should know that usually only SF, SOF units are issued mini guns IRL.

1 minute ago, Ep1cOblivion said:

Unfortunately, if we ever see SF, SOF units implemented into the game, we probably wont see the m134 in the game. If you state that it would "confine to the realism of the game," you should know that usually only SF, SOF units are issued mini guns IRL.

yes, i completely understand, and the video only serves to support that, but I feel that a new game mode could be implemented, concerning 20 SOF units vs 60 insurgents.  If this mode is not a reality, than i feel that one MRAP  wiht a GAU-19 applied to a base squad wouldn't be too much of a stretch, when you look at it's overwhelming gameplay, and marketing value.

2 minutes ago, Kayos said:

Minigun would be awesome.  Maybe with the helicopters?

yeah, i could definately see it on the blackhawk

Just now, YuriIsLoveYuriIsLife said:

Maybe on helicopters.

while i could see it on the blackhawk, this delivers a very unfair advantage to the us troops, and would have to be limited, like an a10 gun run

I just think that the devs could really go to town on this thing.  Just imagine the visual effects, (muzzle flash, barrel glowing), perhaps to be released in v11 with a night enviroment.  What a trailer that would make

1 hour ago, ComradeStalin said:

yeah, i could definately see it on the blackhawk

while i could see it on the blackhawk, this delivers a very unfair advantage to the us troops, and would have to be limited, like an a10 gun run

a very unfair advantage with the insurgent zu23? Highly unlikely.

zomg! minigun me!

ok, now i've calmed down.

this POV is based on Joint Ops gameplay but i think it may still be relevant: by far, the most laggy thing in JO, apart from the networking in general, was the miniguns. the miniguns were sooo much fun but also lagged-up the aircraft and the players clientside stuff to the point that it was hard to hit anything accurately, or at all - too many bullets flying everywhere. and they were a tad OP as well but only if you could hit anything ;)

the question i ask is how many bullets can be flying around in Squad before latency/lag becomes detrimental to the game/clients?