Sign in to follow this  
virusman

WEAPON SLING

i notice ...that in all war games ( PR , BATTLEFIELD , COD ) and now SQUAD  players not using weapon sling .....

i dont know maybe us soldiers dont used it .

but her in IDF we all have weapon sling in all time .... just wondering why there no  slings on weapons ...

https://bulldogequipment.us/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/p-214-3_point_m4_weapons_sling.jpg

Slings are surprisingly hard to make work in online games. They require their own physics to be done right, which takes processing power, and then those physics needs to be communicated between players which then needs further processing to be somewhat accurate and not glitchy.

I love slings on weapons in games but the reason it's only done, if rarely, in singleplayer is because it's a headache to pull off for little actual gain. So that's why Squad and those other games you've listed haven't bothered with slings.

3 hours ago, virusman said:

i notice ...that in all war games ( PR , BATTLEFIELD , COD ) and now SQUAD  players not using weapon sling .....

i dont know maybe us soldiers dont used it .

but her in IDF we all have weapon sling in all time .... just wondering why there no  slings on weapons ...

https://bulldogequipment.us/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/p-214-3_point_m4_weapons_sling.jpg

How are you israeli brother ?

I've suggested weapon slings myself some time in the past , becuase i wanted to see the primary weapons stay on the soilder body when they are not used ( like when you use a sidearm or a rocket luancher )  , and with the perforamnce issue in mind ... Why can't we make the rifle just stick one the front of the soilders body without much phyics to it ? ( just like in cs:go but only on front instead of the back )? 

Btw i think that insurgency has this feature . 

Edited by L0cation