Sery

Compass Missing After V10

Already tried to clear cached user data and restarted the game and my computer but its still not back, plz help

Yeah the Resolution fits the monitor

Edited by Sery

Did you clear cache by deleting %localappdata%/Squad folder?

Also Please provide what model of your monitor do you play with and  the resolution.

I cleared the cache with the in game option in the setting menu

My Monitor is an UpStar TV at 1824x1026 resolution

Maybe an HDMI scaling issue? Sounds like overscan.

I agree with the above.  That is an odd resolution, and I am betting there is clipping or scaling going on.

Can you screenshot your resolution/scaling settings in your Nvidia/AMD panel?

i can see everything else on my screen its just that the compass is gone, played before V10 and i didnt have this problem :(

Can you please provide what I asked for though?  We can't be quick to blame V10, it may be any number of things.  Can't draw conclusions without conclusive proof.

26 minutes ago, Iku said:

Can you please provide what I asked for though?  We can't be quick to blame V10, it may be any number of things.  Can't draw conclusions without conclusive proof.

I would love to but its not letting me paste my screenshot, so i will try and type it out

NVIDIA Control Panel

1. Select the display you would like to change.

STD HDMI TV

2. Choose the resolution.

Connector

HDMI - HDTV

Resolution:

1080p, 1824 x 1026*

*Modes with a resized Desktop

Edited by Sery

Save your screenshot to your computer as a jpeg, png, or whatever, then attach it.

Capture.PNG

I am nearly certain it is a scaling issue.  Are you able to scale it down to a  smaller resolution, just for testing purposes?

Or beyond that, do you have a monitor (not a tv) that runs a native resolution of 1920x1080 that we can test on?

Edited by Iku

4 minutes ago, Iku said:

I am nearly certain it is a scaling issue.  Are you able to scale it down to a  smaller resolution, just for testing purposes?

Or beyond that, do you have a monitor (not a tv) that runs a native resolution of 1920x1080 that we can test on?

i could scale it down, but sadly dont have another monitor

8 minutes ago, Grey said:

Save your screenshot to your computer as a jpeg, png, or whatever, then attach it.

Capture.PNG

I don't even have that option

Suggest installing something like ShareX or gyazo and uploading it to an image sharing website such as imgur.  Makes taking screencaps very easy.  Effortless really.

And yeah, I would try scaling to a "normal" resolution, or running the game in a window and manually resizing it, and seeing if the compass is clipped or not.

1 minute ago, Iku said:

Suggest installing something like ShareX or gyazo and uploading it to an image sharing website such as imgur.  Makes taking screencaps very easy.  Effortless really.

And yeah, I would try scaling to a "normal" resolution, or running the game in a window and manually resizing it, and seeing if the compass is clipped or not.

Just tried 1440x900 windowed and the Compass is back! Thanks!

Okay so it is definitely a scaling/clipping issue relating to your TV/scaling for your TV.

I would try and play with your scaling settings in the Nvidia panel, or your resolution, until you find something you are happy with.  I'm not sure Squad will support the resolution you initially listed.

yep I'm gonna meess around with it for a while.  thanks again

Just changed it back to the original res and now the compass is visible lol, im so confused

Edited by Sery

Perhaps it just needed a kick in the pants.  Regardless, I'm happy we've got it figured out.

kpU3F72.png

Clear the Cache by deleteing Squad folder in %appdata% - Local 

In-game button doesn't work properly time to time.