makaronion

with fullscreen enabled the game freezes

If I set the game at fullscreen, it crashes (black screen) and it freezes the computer. To make it function I have to restart the PC and delete the cache folder of Squad, so the settings go to default (windowed mode). 

I tried fresh reinstall and also all the other recommended tips which I found in internet but nothing seems to work.

Also I've tried playing this game with everything set to low with borderless mode 1600x900 and it stutters a lot at 40-50 fps. Not to mention also super high temps because of high CPU and GPU usage (70-80% both) which goes up to +70C both components.

I bought this game when it was on sale after the V10 alpha rolled out. 

If someone can help me would be nice because I tried asking the reddit Squad community but no one cared.

I know I don't have a high-end rig but by looking the official system requirements this one that I have should be enough to run this game at 1080p with 60fps without problems.

*My PC: I7 6700K @ 4.00 GHz, 16 GB RAM, GTX 960 2GB.

*Is not my PC's fault because I play other more demanding games without any problems which have better graphics and it never crashes nor it freezes like this one.

I don't understand why should I seek approval for support? Isn't this a forum?

Edited by makaronion
Approval thing!?

Moved to Software Support 

Hello @makaronion Welcome to Squad 

8 hours ago, makaronion said:

If I set the game at fullscreen, it crashes (black screen) and it freezes the computer. To make it function I have to restart the PC and delete the cache folder of Squad, so the settings go to default (windowed mode). 

Can you simulate the same situation and get us the crash log please? Should be at  %LOCALAPPDATA%\Squad\Saved\Logs

8 hours ago, makaronion said:

also super high temps because of high CPU and GPU usage (70-80% both) which goes up to +70C both components.

It depends on your setting, but can you tell me exact number of Temps of CPU/GPU while in full-load?

Thank you!

Hello,

In main menu the temps go 60C with 78% usage and in game the usage sometimes stays that much and the temps go over 70C. The CPU stays a bit more low in usage but the temps go 65-70C. I wanted to attach some pictures of how the crash happens but as it seems I can't. 

I want to know why I have to be reviewed for my posts. Please help me in how to send you the pictures so you can see what exactly happens.

Thank you!

Edited by makaronion

4 hours ago, makaronion said:

I want to know why I have to be reviewed for my posts.

You are good to go from now on... :) your restriction was lifted. You can try to upload the pictures for the crash event and get me a crash log file as well if you can..

As mentioned already, 

22 hours ago, samwiseOrigin said:
On 2018. 2. 13. at 3:35 AM, makaronion said:

also super high temps because of high CPU and GPU usage (70-80% both) which goes up to +70C both components.

It depends on your setting, but can you tell me exact number of Temps of CPU/GPU while in full-load?

Also while in the server, please do this : 

open up console

Type Stat unit and enter 
Get me some pictures of the stats 

Thank you

Until Friday I don't have access in my computer from where I play Squad, so I'll send everything you requested in Friday.

I'm happy you are willing to help and I hope we can find a solution for my problem.

Thank you!