This Announcement on reshade how people are hacking with it is bs.

I don't have that option with my reshade and would never use a program to give an unfair advantaged.( only cosmetic use for pic,videos ect.)

Its to make that game look more crisp and vibrant as the base graphics color pallet is dull.

I use version 3.0.6.165 by corsair and it does not have this zoom slider thing that OffWorld speaks of and shows.

Why punish the many because of a few?

Why don't you just allow versions that don't have this function( Like Mine) and ban the ones that use the zoom thing your showing?

This is just my 2 cents but you cant get rich off that so take it with a gran of salt.

Many steps forward and this is just a blow to legitimate players and content creators that use this to make the game that just more realistic.    

This exploit works with ALL version of ReShade so there is no "banning" one specific version.

image.thumb.png.cd18b0e27d6ccbe4508908097b85e2f7.png

26 minutes ago, Shove-It said:

I don't have that option with my reshade and would never use a program to give an unfair advantaged.( only cosmetic use for pic,videos ect.)

Its to make that game look more crisp and vibrant as the base graphics color pallet is dull.

I use version 3.0.6.165 by corsair and it does not have this zoom slider thing that OffWorld speaks of and shows.

Why don't you just allow versions that don't have this function( Like Mine) and ban the ones that use the zoom thing your showing?

This is just my 2 cents but you cant get rich off that so take it with a gran of salt.

Many steps forward and this is just a blow to legitimate players and content creators that use this to make the game that just more realistic.    

It's a simple effect script which provided that zoom that you can use and adjust like that.

33 minutes ago, Shove-It said:

(...)

Because its a worldwide rule. As usual, few {¨^$ù@ cheaters are going to punish many fair players.

I'd never use such a program to get an advantage, as I would never set my shadows to lowest even if it makes my game unplayable, I prefer not to play at all. And I even don't know if my Reshade has such an option, I just want it to make my game look better (and I dont even have time to look thouroughly in its options, just installed it and lets go).

I don't know if you can force players to use a specific version or to forbid all other versions except one in particular ; anyway, I cant get back to Squad w/o such a program, sorry, its REALLY too blurry.

Will wait til ReShade releases a new version. Might seem weird to stop playing a game for such "little" trouble but I don't care, vanilla Squad is just unusable for me (really sorry devs I know you do your best).

Edited by Nightstalker21

well you have to give it to the developers, they are not banning anyone who uses it, your game will just crush. Also they try to work it out with the developers of reshade so everyone who likes using it can use it again. Its just a matter of time for when you can play with reshade again.

Even if I used the program I wouldn't care. The game is fine as it is and thousands of others people play it that way.

5 hours ago, Shove-It said:

this is just a blow to legitimate players and content creators that use this to make the game that just more realistic.

if your version of reality is oversaturated in colour ...

7 minutes ago, LaughingJack said:

if your version of reality is oversaturated in colour ...

Settings-dependent.

Not to say that each of us has its own "version of reality" as your eyes don't "see" (with " ") what I see, and what Shove-It see and so on...

20 minutes ago, Nightstalker21 said:

Settings-dependent.

ah, yeah. i was going to make a similar comment: that we all have different monitor calibrations, which will throw things out of whack.

however it's still somewhat of a learned problem, due to marketing and sales ideals people are taught to expect "richness" and "vibrant" colours in TV's and games these days and complain bitterly when they don't get it. bright colours are a basic principle in graphic design (and general design theory) they are used as a base motivator to get attention - it works exceptionally well with children but is usually far from realistic.

I dont see the difference between using this Reshade to enlarge image and buying a bigger 4K monitor. If anything, this Reshade would to some degree leveling the playing field for low-end PC owners.

I also used reshade for colour but I would prefer to be playing somewhat on a similar level with everyone else rather than with people able to exploit a setting.  Someone not using reshade in its purest form is perhaps at a disadvantage to those enhancing colour to see players more clearly, whilst not cheating,  its using an advantage that others don't have.  

I think people should embrace the fact the Devs are closing loop holes and taking a pragmatic view to this, not banning those using it.

Interestingly people say its a minority so why ban everyone from using it?   Simply because the trustworthiness in game will soon diminish as word spreads of the reshade exploit, every game played will be a 'I wonder if they were.....'   Id prefer it removed so there is no doubt and I can go back to dying quickly and  not having anyone to blame but myself!

i used reshade for saturations and gamma correction . 

because lets be honest game colors and color balance looks like shit .

i dont even know that you can zoom with reshade . but now .... everyone knows

I never used that and i dont even know what that is.But i did read about it it and any type of cheating or hacking should be disabled banned and all.It usually starts with little stuff like brightness in night maps lower quality shadows and efects so you could see a little thu smoke screens and stuff like that.

Not doing anything about it is whats making a lot of players start hacking and exspoiting the game.

I will tell you a story now.

I played Battlefield games since the 1942 one all till the BF3 when i was so disapointed with how many hackers there was and it only got worse.No one actually gave a s..t so my brother was watching me play multiple times and once he saw me trying to kill an aimboter that was unsecsesful of course so he asks me “why dont you use hacks or cheats” i told him i will never ever in my whole life use them.Whats the point of playing the game there is no hart raising and pounding no adrenalin rushing no playing game magic that every multiplayer gamer knows there is.

So i am a huge hater of hackers and game exploits players. 

Could anybody competent in game programming explain to me why it isn't possible that OWI develops its own "ReShade-like" program (thus entirely controlled by OWI = no possible cheat) to enhance Squad gfx and sharpness ? Or just implement it inside the game ? Is it impossible to do with Unreal Engine ?

Simple question (no blaming devs AT ALL for anything) :

If ReShade can do so, why dont you ? So many players have been complaining about game sharpness and dull colors till beginning of game development... I can understand that you davs may have MANY other things more important than developing such a program, I just dont understand :( TY

I dont look for another way to cheat, I say again I'm NOT a cheater, never have been and never will and I hate cheaters ; but the blurriness of the vanilla game just makes me sick :(

Edited by Nightstalker21

well first of all lets say thx for they have sharpness slider ingame .

but they can add some color options .

some people say game colors looks bad some dont........why not make everyone happy 

Mainly i used Reshade to apply some Adaptive Sharpening, since the ingame sharpen is way worse (i suppose its the old luma sharpen and waaay too weak even on max setting to counter TXAA Blur). Maybe Devs could open like a poll, ask for the favorite Reshade effects and integrate them into their game?

4 minutes ago, Predator.v2 said:

Mainly i used Reshade to apply some Adaptive Sharpening, since the ingame sharpen is way worse (i suppose its the old luma sharpen and waaay too weak even on max setting to counter TXAA Blur). Maybe Devs could open like a poll, ask for the favorite Reshade effects and integrate them into their game?

i dont think they give a shit about minority

5 hours ago, Nightstalker21 said:

Could anybody competent in game programming explain to me why it isn't possible that OWI develops its own "ReShade-like" program (thus entirely controlled by OWI = no possible cheat) to enhance Squad gfx and sharpness ?

The simple answer is: OWI is a game development company, not a company specializing in pixel shaders. So, yes, it's entirely possible, but that would mean diverting people from Squad, or hiring new folks, to develop a new product. That said, the visual fidelity of Squad is part of game development and we'll definitely continue to improve upon it, though by necessity a lot of that has to be done /after/ everything is built and in the game. =)

@Gatzby:

I know a lot of people who don't like Squad's general blur, especially combined with TXAA (the only AA that helps with pixelated vegetation). Since the ingame "Sharpen" isn't strong/good enough (even on 1 and i suppose it is the old luma sharpen filter?), could we either get a sharpen update (adaptive sharpening filter) or at least the option to set it higher than the current max value?).

Edited by Predator.v2

On 2/14/2018 at 4:23 AM, Predator.v2 said:

@Gatzby:

I know a lot of people who don't like Squad's general blur, especially combined with TXAA (the only AA that helps with pixelated vegetation). Since the ingame "Sharpen" isn't strong/good enough (even on 1 and i suppose it is the old luma sharpen filter?), could we either get a sharpen update (adaptive sharpening filter) or at least the option to set it higher than the current max value?).

I believe the team is looking into some options, but not sure what the results of that will be. We've all been experimenting with our graphics drivers for that right amount of vibrance/saturation too, heh.

It is definitely safe to say we're all seeing the same game (I mean, especially now, I suppose.) and aim to make it more pretty.

Don't get me wrong loved Reshade when it was available just to take some beauty shots here and there but it's not remotely a huge loss to see it go. Even with lumasharpening, additional AA methods/blurring, and some color tweaking SQUAD still shows it just needs more work done visually under the hood. As Gatzby said won't really be a #1 until the game is fully fleshed out and targeting visuals doesn't detract from main body game elements. I'm sure we'll see smoother UE4 AA solutions, better post-processing effects, and higher resolution environmental textures in due time but for now I can live with what SQUAD has to offer. 

A turret rotation speed discussion shouldn't be in thread about Reshade!!! Come on guys, take it outside.

I have used Reshade in the past with good results in clarity and saturation. However if it, as a tool, can be used to 'inject' cheats then I am glad OWI have chosen to exclude it from being usable. The zoom function, although not technically a cheat, could be used to gain a significant advantage. Reshade functionality could, I suppose, lead to other 'injected' cheats if it's not restricted. I prefer a level playing field and I don't mean Chora.