Sign in to follow this  
Serova

Upgrading parts

Good afternoon,

I bought Squad over a year ago but never really could enjoy the moments in it because of hardware limitations.

I know people will say Squad is early alpha and poorly optimized but I am looking to upgrade a few PC parts so I can at least get decent fps.

Any recommendations?

2131b21.jpg2wfvfv9.jpg

a3p6r6.jpg1251gls.jpg

2ik3800.jpg <------ As you can see my GPU load is almost at a constant +%90-100 low or epic settings doesn't change a thing.

Thanks!

Edited by Serova

I would start with a GPU and more RAM.  That CPU might be pretty old, but with a decent OC I think it can keep up, at least for now.

If money is not a big deal to you, I would just spring for a new setup entirely, personally.
If it is a budget conscious thing, I would pick up a new GPU + RAM (8GB more) and work towards getting a new setup (mobo + cpu + ram + ssd) down the line.

First thing you should do is double check that you are indeed GPU limited (which I'm 99% sure you are with a 660) by using "stat unit" method. If you are indeed GPU bottlenecked, then you just need to decide on a rough budget and recommendations can be made. 

On 12/02/2018 at 2:43 PM, Serova said:

Good afternoon,

I bought Squad over a year ago but never really could enjoy the moments in it because of hardware limitations.

I know people will say Squad is early alpha and poorly optimized but I am looking to upgrade a few PC parts so I can at least get decent fps.

Any recommendations?

2131b21.jpg2wfvfv9.jpg

a3p6r6.jpg1251gls.jpg

2ik3800.jpg <------ As you can see my GPU load is almost at a constant +%90-100 low or epic settings doesn't change a thing.

Thanks!

Immediate upgrade from what I see is an additional 8GB RAM, and use MSI/Riva to limit your fps to a stable amount your system can handle.

You only have 2GB Vram on the 660ti so a GPU updrage is certainly the thing to do after the RAM. You need to not run out of Vram.

I agree with the others. I'd look at more RAM and the GPU, as the CPU isn't very old at all and isn't very bad (though I'd suggest trying 4.4ghz if you haven't lost the lottery on Haswell).