maze2

Roleplay, logi, apc, mortars?

Hello , i love this new update v10. Really good.

but...

I  think people  still don't get how to use vehicles correctly and the dedication of your squad. I barely see dedicated logi squad, mortars, or apc squads. Usually it's 4-5 squads that grab the vehicles that they want. This isn't good , it's better to have a focused specialized squad. Like Inf, mortars, apc etc. I know this also depends on the server but still isn't vey common .

SLs if u read this pls incorporate and spread this idea. People who usually roleplay like this are PR players and experienced Squad players.

opinions?

Devs already stated they plan to have dedicated roles. There will vehicle crewman, helicopter crewman roles that can ONLY drive vehicles. This should make more dedicated vehicle squads.

41 minutes ago, Nossa said:

Devs already stated they plan to have dedicated roles. There will vehicle crewman, helicopter crewman roles that can ONLY drive vehicles. This should make more dedicated vehicle squads.

Nice , crewman kits are gonna be back

1 hour ago, Nossa said:

Can't wait for this to be a thing, and see how it changes the game-play... hopefully, leading to less scattered vehicles in the middle of nowhere. 

Are you willing to sit in a logi truck all round long while others are shooting? If you want a dedicated squad to run logi you need to give them an incentive to do it. Unfortunately there is no real personal reward of any kind other than 100 points for each drop. 

Before you say anything like: "It's a cooperative and team-oriented game" remember that the reality is that a vast majority of squad players want to shoot at stuff, no necessarily drive all round long....

14 minutes ago, CptDirty said:

Are you willing to sit in a logi truck all round long while others are shooting?

Yes. Did it all the time in PR. Do it occasionally in Squad. Need to remove some pointless restrictions before I can commit to the role in Squad, though.

I also did rounds of just running a supply truck building a fob here and there. 

Squad is just to limiting at the moment and need further changes.

55 minutes ago, CptDirty said:

Are you willing to sit in a logi truck all round long while others are shooting? 

Yes, in PR there were people who barely enetered in action and delivered supplies and provided transport. I ran logi a few times there and is super satisfying.

with crew man kits it will fix alot. as a SL when i run a mortar squad it doubles up as a logistics squad.

dont forget the steam sale gameplay is much much different than it is a few months after!

with v10 just rolled out it has been a mess in pub games when it comes to assets and tactical gameplay. give it time to die back down.

5 hours ago, CptDirty said:

Yes, it's relaxing.

Opened up a mortar squad yesterday, we had a nice Location and were supporting our troops. But some People decide  to take our logic truck and put a bomb on it and drive behind enemy lines, just to die there....

At the end we ran out of ammo and had to wait for the logi to respawn or someone trying to walk all over the map to get the logi back :S

Also I'm all for Crew Kits, but not for Logis, trucks and Jeeps. Just have them for "higher" vehicles, like BTRs, Strikers and so on.

Crewman for Heli, tank and apc ok, but a logi crew?? 

Logi crew = no fobs (just for mortar maybe)

On 2/10/2018 at 10:15 PM, maze2 said:

Hello , i love this new update v10. Really good.

but...

I  think people  still don't get how to use vehicles correctly and the dedication of your squad. I barely see dedicated logi squad, mortars, or apc squads. Usually it's 4-5 squads that grab the vehicles that they want. This isn't good , it's better to have a focused specialized squad. Like Inf, mortars, apc etc. I know this also depends on the server but still isn't vey common .

SLs if u read this pls incorporate and spread this idea. People who usually roleplay like this are PR players and experienced Squad players.

opinions?

Until logistics is equivalent to the way it it is in project reality, I don't think anybody is going to make a dedicated logistics squad. If you play PR, you'll know almost all logi squads just use helicopters, not trucks.

3 hours ago, jellyswim said:

Until logistics is equivalent to the way it it is in project reality, I don't think anybody is going to make a dedicated logistics squad. If you play PR, you'll know almost all logi squads just use helicopters, not trucks.

Yea, pr for 2 years mate but about Apcs and mortars? I am sure when crewman kits come this will be fixed.

4 hours ago, Tmac said:

Crewman for Heli, tank and apc ok, but a logi crew?? 

Logi crew = no fobs (just for mortar maybe)

No, crewman is just for heavy vehicles like Apcs and tanks( hopefully they add them soon).  For heli is actually pilot not crewman. That depends on the devs though

On 2/11/2018 at 12:15 AM, maze2 said:

I barely see dedicated logi squad, mortars, or apc squads.

1. Thank G-d most people finally figured out that mortar bases are worse than useless (unless the enemy are dumb enough to build a HAB in the open)

2. Dedicated logi squads are rare because you don't usually need that much supply. HAB, ammo boxes, some emplacements - that's it. Some SLs like building pillow forts but a single Grenadier can easily despawn them, and anyways now they can be vaulted over. Mostly, heavy fortifications just end up bunching your team up for the enemy to farm tickets.

3. APC squads can be very good but the team can need the transport. But overall yeah, this is something we can agree on - a properly run group of APCs can be very powerful. I'm afraid the introduction of crewman kits will actually limit APC squads, since one squad won't be able to grab 4 armored vehicles and operate them together.