Sign in to follow this  
Mateus

Can we modify how sound works?

Hey just a quick question, can we somehow modify the sound effects? Or somehow tweak them? Thanks.

Well it's quite a specific topic and a quite unspecific question. What exactly do you want to do?

Also how I understand it right now it's possible to make new sounds and change sounds, but it's not possible to publish a sound mod which simply changes sounds that are already in the game, you'd have to link it all to map, for example make a copy of the US faction which uses the new sounds and use them in a map (or a copy of an already existing map). This may change in the future though.

I mean echo simulation, how bullet cracks sound like, how distant gunfire sounds... etc

Yes, you can play around with those, change them, all you want. At least everything that the UE4 Editor has to offer sound-wise. But like I said, right now it's not possible to release it as a mod yet, because the functionality to "overwrite" certain game aspects is not there yet in the modding support. It will some day be though.

I do not intend to release any mod anyway, I just like to design (or just paly around) sound. I don't even know how to really work with unreal, I have only basic orientation. Could you please tell me where +- can I find those sound settings? Thank you.

Sadly showing you everything about UE4 and it's audio system would be a quite complex task. Especially since I'm no sound designer at all. I'd suggest reading into UE4 and sounds. That can best be done in their documentation on that topic:

https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest/INT/Engine/Audio/

Also there's quite a lot of tutorials out there on sounds in general in UE4, it's really hard to say "that setting is there, and you do this here".