Hi guys,

Im a new server host for Squad and hosting on a 8 core server that has three single core game servers for other games. 

I am trying to get the Squad server to work just on cores 7 and 8, or even just 8 if that is possible. 

Am using the command line below but it doesnt seem to work and I am seeing plenty of activity on the other cores when the server is used. 

As you can see below i have both the Affinty 0x0c0 command which should give me cores 7 and 8, but I also have a Prefproc command for core 8, but I am not sure if that works.

Can anyone help me out as I need to isolate the Squad game server to cores not being used by the single core games as they are generally running at 90% on their cores and I really dont need the extra grunt on those occupied cores.  

start /AFFINITY 0x0C0 /WAIT SquadServer.exe MULTIHOME=MY.IP.IS.HERE Port=7787 QueryPort=27165 RCONPORT=21114 FIXEDMAXPLAYERS=64 RANDOM=ALWAYS -PREFERPREPROCESSOR=8 -log 

Also, is there a web admin / rcon for this game.  If so what URL is used?  

Edited by CatintheHat

Is it an actual 8 core server or did you mean 8 logical cores?

I use a i7-6700 which has 4 cores, so 8 logical processors in total. If I want to run something on Core 4 & its' multithreading core I simply use:

start "Squad Gameserver" /affinity C0 [...]

Which is equivalent to your 0x0C0, I am however not sure if you need "PREFERPREPROCESSOR = CPU Affinity (Optional) UNTESTED". Get rid of that and try to run it with "OS-side" affinity only.

As for the RCON, there is a seperate config file for that, check:
https://squad.gamepedia.com/Server_Configuration#Rcon_control_in_Rcon.cfg

Thanks for that Walki.

It's 8 log cores so yeah a 4 physical core processor.  Im running an  Xeon E3 1241 V3.  I really need to isolate the game to one physical core.  

Turns out that UGCC which i use to manage my game servers doesnt want to play nice with Squad.  It wasnt correctly launching the command line.  When I ran a command line directly from the server I was able to get the affinity sorted out.

Now with the RCON, what URL do you use to access it ?  For example I use this to remotley access the admin for another game 

http:MYIPHERE::8095/ServerAdmin/current

What do you do for Squad?  Or doesnt it have a remote accessible webadmin ?