Sign in to follow this  
Friesen

Disable freelook while using scope

Disable freelook while using scope with a zoom in please because it's totally exploitable. Also the blur is not strong enough, it almost does nothing, I can see everything perfectly. The blur should be strong enough so that you're not able to see anything outside the scope to prevent the unrealistic zoom outside of it.

They should only disable it on zoomed in optics. I like the ability to free look when sighted in with iron sights and reflex sights when aiming. It's saved my life a few times in cqb. But ya i can see it being exploited on optics that let you zoom in more.

I don't even know why there is a zoom outside of the scope. like what games does that anymore?

7 hours ago, krymz said:

I don't even know why there is a zoom outside of the scope. like what games does that anymore?

3D scopes require rendering the terrain TWICE, causing major fps drops especially with maps as big as Squad's.

It would be nice if they found a way of rendering whats outside the scope at a lower resolution/framerate (and disguised the low framerate with motion blur like some console games do), that way they could reduce the performance cost of duel rendering and perhaps make 3d scope less performance intensive. (if any of that makes any sense)

7 hours ago, LaughingJack said:

or remove the "Zoom" function entirely.

So what are you proposing for scoped weapons ? 

On the Long way, I'd rather see a proper scope mechanic like in Insurgency for example. Then Freelook wouldnt be a Problem anymore. Not sure if its planned or if its already denied by the developers.

16 hours ago, L0cation said:

So what are you proposing for scoped weapons ? 

i propose that the you go full-zoom when going ADS - no middle point.

it's the going-half-ADS then "zooming" in further to a realistic/useful level (FoV) that i find annoying.

i also do not believe we need Blurring outside the scope window (based on my albeit little and long-ago use of a scoped .22). my non-scoped-eye (left eye, i'm a righty) simply does not unfocus very much at all when i look through a low-powered scope - the background at 50-100m still looks in-focus to a great deal - certainly nothing like the full-blur shown in-game. maybe the blur is just to compensate for the inability to render 3d PiP in UE4.

Edited by LaughingJack

It's not about your other eye not getting unfocused. It's about the fact that the zoom outside the optic is extremely exploitative and makes the optics overpowering. I never even use the optic when looking at the enemies, most of the time in this game I just use the outside optic to spot enemies since I got a larger POW.