YuriIsLoveYuriIsLife

Anyone Else Feel Like Their Huge Backbacks Give Away Their Position When Playing US?

The US team's OCP itself works well on arid maps like Kohat but I feel like we get spotted alot because of the large, sharply-angled backpacks that increase your profile substantially while in prone.

F1447538A0686B9CD633543D45B480B4B7811BFA

He'd be invisible if it weren't for the backpack showing clearly against the background like that.

Level 3 backpacks are huge giveaways, specially when the circle gets closer.  

shit, wrong game

Lol

Got me thinking that somewhere, someone,  is already working on SQUAD BATTLE ROYALE mod. 

I admired the size of a team mates backpack but hadnt considered how mine was giving away my position.

i do feel like I am being spotted easier in general. Russians vs US on fools road was giving a nice advantage to hidden russians, not so much not it seems.

23 minutes ago, suds said:

i do feel like I am being spotted easier in general. Russians vs US on fools road was giving a nice advantage to hidden russians, not so much not it seems.

As far as backpack size, maybe they can be based on role, i.e. larger for AR and LAT; smaller for riflemen. 

All forest maps are currently a disadvantage to US, in terms of Camo options. When will US get Woodland camo?

Seems odd that RU has two camo sets, one for desert and one for forest, but the US doesn't. Hope they address that soon, fairly easy to do. Even, if reskined temporarily. Would love to see a woodland camo make it in for US soon. 

WL.thumb.JPG.358f22c9c1b6c8868e91a01fd3a1222f.JPG

Edited by PROTOCOL

Multicam works everywhere!.

I may or may not play airsoft in MC )

But its an interesting observation.

Edited by Voice

just wondering is the Backpack classed as a hit location with the Collision box? 

1 hour ago, PROTOCOL said:

As far as backpack size, maybe they can be based on role, i.e. larger for AR and LAT; smaller for riflemen. 

All forest maps are currently a disadvantage to US, in terms of Camo options. When will US get Woodland camo?

Seems odd that RU has two camo sets, one for desert and one for forest, but the US doesn't. Hope they address that soon, fairly easy to do. Even, if reskined temporarily. Would love to see a woodland camo make it in for US soon. 

Please no. 

Multicam is a jack of all trades, yet master of none.

Just like in real life.

Seeing 2017-ish US riflemen in Woodland looks pretty stupid.
Especially as it's out of service since... '05?

I'd kill someone for a '01 mod tho. ;)

8 hours ago, PROTOCOL said:

The US won't get woodland camo because the US doesn't use woodland camo. It was discontinued over a decade ago. The better solution would be to model grass or other vegetation into the US soldier's helmets and backpack as well as facepaint. If you want woodland camo, you need to make a Marine faction.

On 2/9/2018 at 4:21 PM, YuriIsLoveYuriIsLife said:

The US won't get woodland camo because the US doesn't use woodland camo. It was discontinued over a decade ago. The better solution would be to model grass or other vegetation into the US soldier's helmets and backpack as well as facepaint. If you want woodland camo, you need to make a Marine faction.

Inaccurate.

It IS still issued, though very limited:

http://soldiersystems.net/2014/11/17/woodland-back/

Hah, you haven't seen the Russian grenadier. The guy carries ready-to-be-assembled-D-I-Y-at-home BTR on his back.

2 hours ago, Peerun said:

Hah, you haven't seen the Russian grenadier. The guy carries ready-to-be-assembled-D-I-Y-at-home BTR on his back.

LMG gunner as well. But 1: Digiflora is the best woodland camo in the game. 2: Unlike the US, not every class has a large backpack. The riflemen and others have low-profile buttpacks which are stylish as well as stealthy.

4 hours ago, YuriIsLoveYuriIsLife said:

>special forces

>in squad

this has been discussed

1444250464197.jpg

The ENTIRE 25th Infantry Division is Special Forces including their Stryker Brigade?

We should let them know!

https://www.tactical-life.com/news/new-jungle-operations-training-course-opens-hawaii/

“We’re offering it up to the ARMY,” Fuller said. “If that’s something they’re interested in doing, we’d be happy to support it with the right resources.”

"The Army is currently developing a NEW uniform and boots specifically for the jungle. Instructors in Hawaii are testing out some early models."

https://wtop.com/government/2017/03/us-soldiers-train-for-jungle-warfare-at-hawaii-rainforest/slide/8/

Edited by bknight3

4 hours ago, YuriIsLoveYuriIsLife said:

>special forces

>in squad

this has been discussed

1444250464197.jpg

Here's an update:

"The plan is to issue about 20,000 sets of the new uniforms to the 2nd and 3rd BCTs in Hawaii in January and then another 10,000 to 12,000 sets in March, Ferenzcy said, describing the $14 million effort."

"After 25th ID soldiers have a chance to train in the new uniforms, Ferenzcy's team plans to return in "April or May and get feedback on the uniform and then we will make adjustments as needed, Ferenzcy said."

""Phase two of the effort involves buying another 11 BRIGADES worth of the IHWCU in its final form for contingency stocks "in case another brigade got turned on to deploy or do a training mission in a tropical environment, we would have uniforms ready for them," Ferenzcy said."

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2017/08/10/army-to-begin-testing-new-jungle-uniform-next-year.html

13 hours ago, bknight3 said:

The ENTIRE 25th Infantry Division is Special Forces including their Stryker Brigade?

We should let them know!

https://www.tactical-life.com/news/new-jungle-operations-training-course-opens-hawaii/

“We’re offering it up to the ARMY,” Fuller said. “If that’s something they’re interested in doing, we’d be happy to support it with the right resources.”

"The Army is currently developing a NEW uniform and boots specifically for the jungle. Instructors in Hawaii are testing out some early models."

https://wtop.com/government/2017/03/us-soldiers-train-for-jungle-warfare-at-hawaii-rainforest/slide/8/

New uniform =/= new camouflage patttern. The Marines did the same thing not long ago. They're developing a new uniform that will be better in humid environments and whatnot. JOTC must issue surplus Woodland BDU's for their course because I haven't seen them anywhere outside that training center.

Here you can see the 25th ID unwrapping some of their new equipment. It's all in multicam/ocp. Bro, in one of the very article you shared, it's stated, ' "January 2018 is going to be huge,' said Capt. Daniel Ferenczy, assistant product manager for Extreme Weather Clothing and Footwear. 'They are going to be pure-fleeted in the [Operation Camouflage Pattern] with jungle boots in a hot weather combat uniform.' "

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2017/08/10/army-to-begin-testing-new-jungle-uniform-next-year.html

Edited by YuriIsLoveYuriIsLife

On 2/9/2018 at 8:10 AM, PROTOCOL said:

I'd be happy with USMC Woodland MARPAT. IJS

3 hours ago, YuriIsLoveYuriIsLife said:

New uniform =/= new camouflage patttern. The Marines did the same thing not long ago. They're developing a new uniform that will be better in humid environments and whatnot. JOTC must issue surplus Woodland BDU's for their course because I haven't seen them anywhere outside that training center.

Here you can see the 25th ID unwrapping some of their new equipment. It's all in multicam/ocp. Bro, in one of the very article you shared, it's stated, ' "January 2018 is going to be huge,' said Capt. Daniel Ferenczy, assistant product manager for Extreme Weather Clothing and Footwear. 'They are going to be pure-fleeted in the [Operation Camouflage Pattern] with jungle boots in a hot weather combat uniform.' "

1.  How much of the 25th Infantry Division do you think went through Jungle Warfare school since 2014?

2.  If by some crazy stuff happens right now (let's face it, we've got all types of insanity right now) and 25th ID is ordered to deploy in the Pacific, do you think they'll go to WAR with something that's proven to work or go with the prototype uniforms?

3.  "April or May and get feedback on the uniform and then we will make adjustments as needed, Ferenzcy said."

How many will outright ask for Multicam TROPIC?

51 minutes ago, bknight3 said:

1.  How much of the 25th Infantry Division do you think went through Jungle Warfare school since 2014?

2.  If by some crazy stuff happens right now (let's face it, we've got all types of insanity right now) and 25th ID is ordered to deploy in the Pacific, do you think they'll go to WAR with something that's proven to work or go with the prototype uniforms?

3.  "April or May and get feedback on the uniform and then we will make adjustments as needed, Ferenzcy said."

How many will outright ask for Multicam TROPIC?

Just because they went through JOTC doesn't mean they just get to keep the BDU, much less actually use it. What are you trying to say with your second point? If they deployed with existing equipment, it'll definitely be OCP. I don't know how many will ask for it to be printed in MC tropic colors but I hope that does happen.

On 09/02/2018 at 1:49 PM, Smee said:

just wondering is the Backpack classed as a hit location with the Collision box? 

I am pretty sure backpack does not register bullets. Not sure if they pass through or are blocked. A puff or some reaction would be nice.

I fired at a backpack about 1.5m away, stationary. Side of players backpack was visible  sticking past the end of a shipping container (door open) his body was concealed behind the container. I was standing still, full stamina, single fire. 3 shots did nothing. These shots were aimed so they would hit backpack from side. Admittedly this should not damage a player but he was very close and had support so I took my chances.

I would say definitely but my ping varies 60-160 because of 1960's BT infrastructure. 5 mins from Bristol city centre is "rural"

Edited by suds

Edit: As much as I would like to see woodland I don't think it has a purpose in the current game for US.

Edited by MrRecon