Steinhauer

Separate audio devices for VOIP and game audio

I'd like to request that Squad allow the option to choose what audio devices to use to send and receive VOIP separately from the regular game audio. The reason for this, at least in my case, is that I use speakers for the game audio (and always will, for multiple reasons), but I like to be able to control VOIP volume independently on the fly, as well as use the much superior headset mic over my desktop mic. If VOIP audio isn't going to the headset, I'm simply not going to wear it and it's more difficult for others in-game to understand me. It's also more difficult for me to understand them, frankly. Back in PR this could be done by specifying which devices Mumble should use. Same thing in Arma + ACRE with Teamspeak settings.

Here, there are two main ways to accomplish this:

• One that is fairly common is to simply respect the difference in Windows settings between "Default Audio Device" and "Default Communications Device" for both playback and recording. With the speakers set to "audio" and the headset set to "communications", the game should route VOIP to the headset via the "communications" setting and the rest of the game audio to the speakers via the "audio" setting.

• The more "correct" way, in my opinion, is to allow users to select their audio devices for each type of audio (game and voice) in the game's audio settings. Basically, four drop down boxes that list the available options for each. Or more minimally, stick to the "Default Audio Device" for game audio and just offer two drop downs for sending and receiving of voice.

I realize this may be somewhat niche of a request as not that many people do things this way nowadays, but it really makes a big difference to me, and perhaps some others, considering how important communication is in this game. Thanks for your consideration.

Here here!  Every console game I know can do this so why can’t squad.  The headset is great for voip but sucks for game effects.  Please fix!!

I second this. Also, the ability to separate squad/command/local chat to different speakers i.e. local left, squad right. And different audio channels, so I don't have to listen to randos banter.

Just  going to necro this thread.

+1 to this idea

I too would like to use this function... here's my vote!

I was wondering if there was a work around in Windows 10 to do this too.