Jump to content
Caelib

"Create Squad" Needs Tweaked

Recommended Posts

This button needs a confirmation - it frequently leads to somebody who doesn't want to be SL actually creating a squad by mistake, but now they have 8 angry players because they drop squad or remain silent the whole game.  This kind of thing really kills the initial momentum for a team because some newbie choose SL and 8 people are standing around wondering WTH is going on.

 

Short of OWI implementing some kind of merit system to take on the role of SL (like having COMPLETED 10 rounds), a confirmation button would go a long way.

Edited by Caelib

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good insight. We often see complaints about this behavior, but not sure we've had someone posit the cause could be the interface design. Definitely something to consider!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

there is also a problem where people create squds, then lets the squad fill up and giving the squad lead to someone else, so they can pick their desired kit(mostly sniper). It has happens from time to time.  Maybe a timer on giving another member of the squad, squadlead after the squad is created.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, steffenbk1 said:

there is also a problem where people create squds, then lets the squad fill up and giving the squad lead to someone else, so they can pick their desired kit(mostly sniper).

This doesn't happen in V10, once you're no longer a member of the squad, your kit reverts to basic rifleman (even if you're alive).

 

I thought of an additional way to implement the suggestion I first proposed in the OP: instead of making an input box with the squad name next to the "Create Squad" button - remove it and make the squad name input box serve as the prompt - the textbox starts empty, which forces the user to think about their choice instead of mindlessly clicking buttons.

Edited by Caelib

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Caelib said:

This doesn't happen in V10, once you're no longer a member of the squad, your kit reverts to basic rifleman (even if you're alive).

 

 

No it is still a problem. They dont leave the squad. So they do keep their kit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, steffenbk1 said:

No it is still a problem. They dont leave the squad. So they do keep their kit.

Ah, I see what you mean.  TBH, the SL kit should be forced because there's no conceivable reason a SL should use anything else or they aren't able to PROPERLY lead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, steffenbk1 said:

No it is still a problem. They dont leave the squad. So they do keep their kit.

No it isn't, because you just kick them from the squad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Peerun said:

No it isn't, because you just kick them from the squad.

It doesn't work that way 90% of the time though what ends up happening is no one steps up and leads so it just gets passed around the squad till it collapses. The other 10% someone will step up and lead but they usually never kick the person who made the group then switched lead.
This is with Pugs 90% of the time if there are clan folk this usually doesn't happen.

People just dont want to squadlead and there is very little incentive to since its a thanksless roll.

SL's need to be buffed in some way to give a player more reason to want todo the job what that is idk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×