CZelednikov

Lower the RPK-74 recoil

The new recoil system is amazing but I have a feeling that RPK-74 much harder to control than the AK74. It seems to be actually closer to the AKM than the AK74 recoil wise, which is quite unrealistic as it's using the same round and is even heavier.

Edited by CZelednikov

i think in general the ak74 series should have lower recoil, only fractional more then m4 rifle as ak74 uses 5.45x39 and m4 uses 5.56x45.

Posted (edited)

i've already brought up the issue with calculations. this board and developers do not care about the real world.  they want the US to have a decisive small arms advantage.

sad fact is that it is also bleeding into the vehicle department where all MRAPS are being switched to the CROWs version and the removal or absence on multiple maps, or the lack of camo for insurgent factions. tons of different reasons.

Edited by Randall172

On 2/7/2018 at 8:59 AM, CZelednikov said:

The new recoil system is amazing but I have a feeling that RPK-74 much harder to control than the AK74. It seems to be actually closer to the AKM than the AK74 recoil wise, which is quite unrealistic as it's using the same round and is even heavier.

We're keeping an eye on values and feedback and will continue to tweak. The suppression system should impact how gunplay feels a bit as well. We'll get it there. =)

IIRC the recoil is the same between 5.45 and 5.56? Yeah it's unrealistic IMO because I've shot both quite a bit and I think the 5.45 recoil is a bit smoother, but I could live with them being the same ingame

RPK74 is still vastly inferior to the M249 ofc, due to a much worse sight and a much smaller mag