Croweater

Make 7.62 Great Again!

I'm pretty disappointed by how many 7.62 rounds it takes to put down an insurgent.  It was explained to me that it was a balancing issue, that U.S. and Russian forces have plate armor which can mitigate damage, but it would be unfair if insurgents took more damage.  I say that's some Call of Duty hogwash.  Instead, give insurgents more tickets, reduce their spawn time, and allow them to set rallies within 35-40 ft of enemies instead of 50.  Then give my my 7.62 NATO and 7.62x54R POWER!

13 hours ago, Croweater said:

Before I read the rest of your post I thought you were talking about 7.62x39

The general idea with the absolute minimum number of shots to kill being 2 is rifles that kill in one shot would cause a terrible balance (since Squad is gameplay above all else).

With the bleeding system you force the guy to bandage himself immediately or die. Even though it takes you the same number of hits, you're still doing more damage per shot which gives him less time to deal with his bleeding before he's out.

Don't worry, I love my big boy battle rifles too but you don't want Squad gameplay where a guy on the other team center mass shoots you once and you're out.

Agree @Rybec,  getting one hit to the Body gives the Player a Chance to react. The shooter can always try and take his time to get a headshot, thats a one shot kill.

Otherwise the game would be too frustrating. And at the end of the day, its a game.

On 2/7/2018 at 9:06 AM, Croweater said:

I'm pretty disappointed by how many 7.62 rounds it takes to put down an insurgent. 

You would be surprised at how many rounds it takes to kill a determined enemy combatant. An insurgent taking a few rounds center mass and still trying to fight or run is not uncommon at all.

M-series rifles are already roughly twice as good as the AKM point-blank (a third more ROF and a third less recoil), with advantage increasing dramatically over longer ranges due to better sights and lower damage falloff (AKM two-chest-shot-kills out to 200m or so, M4 does this well past 300m). Plus the optics on US Marksman and optics rifleman kits is noticeably better. Americans don't need anymore fire superiority.

I agree that GPMGs in general still need buffs tho, right now they are inferior to other FS roles and aren't any better than LMGs.

Edited by tatzhit

5 hours ago, tatzhit said:

Plus the optics on US Marksman and optics rifleman kits is noticeably better. Americans don't need anymore fire superiority.

Well yea they're better... it's the US military lol. I think it would be really interesting if they realistically outfitted the Army weapons in-game. It would force the insurgents to utilize more of a guerrilla warfare style of gameplay.

13 hours ago, Slottin'Floppies said:

Well yea they're better... it's the US military lol. I think it would be really interesting if they realistically outfitted the Army weapons in-game. It would force the insurgents to utilize more of a guerrilla warfare style of gameplay.

Well US just got the optics LMG, which is by far the best individual weapon ingame, additional M249, plus better optics and more nades for Grenadier. Insurgents are more or less shafted already, it's just map design that's keeping them afloat at this point.

Even so, irregulars lose most maps vs US now (the relatively open ones). The closed ones like Basrah and Sumari used to be slightly in favor of INS/MIL, now US seems to have an advantage.

On 2/13/2018 at 11:39 AM, tatzhit said:

Well US just got the optics LMG, which is by far the best individual weapon ingame, additional M249, plus better optics and more nades for Grenadier. Insurgents are more or less shafted already, it's just map design that's keeping them afloat at this point.

Even so, irregulars lose most maps vs US now (the relatively open ones). The closed ones like Basrah and Sumari used to be slightly in favor of INS/MIL, now US seems to have an advantage.

I've won many games as INS/MIL against US on many different maps. Just depends.

On 8.2.2018 at 5:57 AM, Rybec said:

The general idea with the absolute minimum number of shots to kill being 2 is rifles that kill in one shot would cause a terrible balance (since Squad is gameplay above all else).

With the bleeding system you force the guy to bandage himself immediately or die. Even though it takes you the same number of hits, you're still doing more damage per shot which gives him less time to deal with his bleeding before he's out.

Don't worry, I love my big boy battle rifles too but you don't want Squad gameplay where a guy on the other team center mass shoots you once and you're out.

I'm not seeing this but wouldn't have a problem to change the incapacitation mechanic:
1. After a single hit the player looses stamina and starts bleeding. (The speed in which a player looses stamina and bleeds depends on where he gets hit, maybe with a bit RNG, a shot to the upper body will either allow only to jump to the next cover and getting bandaged or incapacitate right away, a shot to the lower body has more RNG involved, a shot to the arms or legs will only see a slow stamina loss and bleeding, ...)

2. As soon as all stamina is lost and the player is still bleeding, the player blacks-out and can respawn or be revived by a medic (like now). In case he bandaged the bleeding, he remains cautious but doesn't regenerate any stamina until being treated by a medic.

3. A Headshot kills right away without a chance to revive.

4. A 2nd hit incapacitates immediately and increases the blood loss massively, which usually causes death within "respawn"-time, read in 10seconds to a minute. (The current mechanic that players are lieing on the ground for several minutes without being able to do anything and suddenly being fresh back in fight after being revived is ridicoulus to be honest).

Yall need to use the AKM more, it's not bad at all. It's a reliable 2h-killer at <200m, It really is the middle ground between the G3 and the M4 / AK74. Keep the sights adjusted to 200m and you won't have issues at range either.

All the rifles a really powerful

Edited by Good-Try Greg