Jump to content
MyJewLives

Will Squad introduce airstrikes?

Recommended Posts

If they add AI controlled Jets for bombing runs. I hope they add AI controlled SAM's. Having player controlled SAM's would be so boring for gameplay. Nobody want's to play the role of shooting down AI controlled jet's that fly in a predictable pattern the exact same everytime they come in for a bombing run. Make the SAM's a requirement for a lot of supplies so they can't be spammed. It would give fresh gameplay where there is incentive for the enemy team to attack the SAM's as priority so they can call in air support.

Edited by Clown_Tactical

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a question on the side, not just around this thread: Why everybody takes so much care about the balance of Insurgends vs Regulars and deny many features just because the not fitting balance the insurgents?

 

Squad is much more than Insurgents vs Regulars and balancing the game around just the maximum half of it is a bit unproductive. I ask my self: if the Ins vs Regulars deny so many features, why we do not should get rid of it and focus on scenarios with much more possible features, equipment and stuff?

 

In some point, sadly, if we keep to much adressed to the Insurgent-Modes, where is the difference to "Insurgency (Sandstorm)"? I'm mean not just the Size of the map.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/17/2018 at 1:24 PM, DerGepard said:

Just a question on the side, not just around this thread: Why everybody takes so much care about the balance of Insurgends vs Regulars and deny many features just because the not fitting balance the insurgents?

Tell me how much fun you'd have running around as an insurgent while an AH-64 or Mi-28 lights you up with 30mm from 2km away with FLIR?

Maybe you're lucky and get an SA-7.

It will be just as fun when you have an MBT skirting the edge of the map keeping as much of a distance as possible from danger.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Rybec said:

Tell me how much fun you'd have running around as an insurgent while an AH-64 or Mi-28 lights you up with 30mm from 2km away with FLIR?

Maybe you're lucky and get an SA-7.

It will be just as fun when you have an MBT skirting the edge of the map keeping as much of a distance as possible from danger.

Thats a good point, but I was more thingking about focussing on just the Ins vs Regular overhelming the whole game features up to the regular vs regular maps. I do not think the Ins vs Regulars Setting should affect this much the regular vs regular setting. Most good suggestions here are denied just because most people do not want them in the ins vs regular modes because balance, and this is ok, but that shouldnt mean that those feature should not be in the game.

 

Maybe Offworld should make in the whole design Process as nearly as possible a much more noticeable difference between those two scenarios and settings.

 

But to answer your question: I know it wouldnt be realy funny to play in this way if theres nothing to balance it out and you will look the most time on a black screen. Like I wrote above: Even its not fun, it shouldnt affect the possible game features around a regular vs regular scenario.

 

Maybe it would be better to replace the regular forces with something like a privat para military faction or something like "Security Forces" to build up a more different expierience in details between both scenarios.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, DerGepard said:

Thats a good point, but I was more thingking about focussing on just the Ins vs Regular overhelming the whole game features up to the regular vs regular maps. I do not think the Ins vs Regulars Setting should affect this much the regular vs regular setting. Most good suggestions here are denied just because most people do not want them in the ins vs regular modes because balance, and this is ok, but that shouldnt mean that those feature should not be in the game.

 

Maybe Offworld should make in the whole design Process as nearly as possible a much more noticeable difference between those two scenarios and settings.

 

But to answer your question: I know it wouldnt be realy funny to play in this way if theres nothing to balance it out and you will look the most time on a black screen. Like I wrote above: Even its not fun, it shouldnt affect the possible game features around a regular vs regular scenario.

 

Maybe it would be better to replace the regular forces with something like a privat para military faction or something like "Security Forces" to build up a more different expierience in details between both scenarios.

By regular you mean Conventional forces right? Such as U.S. Army, RUSSIAN Army and soon the British Forces?

 

The devs can also choose which vehicles are available on which map/layer. So on Al Basrah (U.S. VS INS) there won't be any aircraft or MBT available to the U.S. but on Fool's Road (U.S. VS RUSSIAN) they can for both Conventional forces. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, CptDirty said:

By regular you mean Conventional forces right? Such as U.S. Army, RUSSIAN Army and soon the British Forces?

Yeah. Official Forces with all those nice funny big bang ba da bumm toys :P

 

4 minutes ago, CptDirty said:

The devs can also choose which vehicles are available on which map/layer. So on Al Basrah (U.S. VS INS) there won't be any aircraft or MBT available to the U.S. but on Fool's Road (U.S. VS RUSSIAN) they can for both Conventional forces. 

At the moment the whole forum discusses like this wont happen ... or more to say it in this way: the whole impressions of the forum leads to it.... and its also the point because I cannot understand why is everybody sticking to the state of now and arguing around this state that would lead to imbalance :S

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im pretty sure i have seen devs say that player controlled airplanes will not be added! (the maps simply wont cut it in size, and they would have to be way too unrealistic to function gameplay wise.

Off map combat abilities have also been discussed (they are already modded) but will probably not make it into the official game, because it doesn't feel great to get killed by an offmap strike. it sucks. - also the teamwork needed to make it efficient would not correlate fairly to how much damage you could do with it.

even if you had to laserpoint for bombs, mark with smoke or call out subgrids a JDAM strike, or something of that nature would utterly wreck anything and anyone within a large AoE. too strong. maybe transport planes with supplies for FOB or W/E but no offensive strikes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we had a commander per team i would agree. SL would tell command where they need the airstrike and boom!

 

The waiting time to use it should be 30min  after the round started and the cooldown 30 min too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DerGepard said:

At the moment the whole forum discusses like this wont happen ... or more to say it in this way: the whole impressions of the forum leads to it.... and its also the point because I cannot understand why is everybody sticking to the state of now and arguing around this state that would lead to imbalance :S

Well balancing is very important in my opinion. But like I said, the developers can choose which vehicles are available to which faction on any given map. 

 

On a map layer that has 2 Conventional force fighting each other are both going to get aircraft and MBT.

 

On a map layer that has 1 Conventional force fighting an Unconventional force, neither will get aircraft or MBT.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×