dor

*Personal* rating of SLs

A feature that allows rating SLs.

The rating is personal - no one sees how another player rated SLs, except for the player itself of course.

This is meant to remind the player with the experience of playing with that SL.

Also the date of last rating will be presented (Someone who SL'ed a year ago isn't the same as today).

In addition, someone who created a squad and left it immediately (after players joined..) will (possibly) have a low rating too - that helps to remind players to avoid from joining him.

your forgot the trolls and haters. New Squad Leaders will be downvoted a lot and therefor maybe wont Play as squad leader anymore.

I have been playing in a squad where the squad leader wasnt as experienced, but instead of guiding and helping him a few Players were hating, until he left the game. So such a System would rather discourage new squad leader learning that role.

I quite like this idea, easy to see SLS you have enjoyed playing with, or not. SLS wouldn't know.

Every thing could be seen as trolls.  

I like the idea of a publicly viewable rating system. Maybe make it to where you have to play X amount of hours before you can rate? Also special tags for people that are cancer? 

I think how it could work, would be if its like in CSGO, so you can only give positive Feedback, if he was a good squad leader or such. If he wasnt that good or so you just dont give any Feedback.

22 hours ago, LandsHeer said:

your forgot the trolls and haters. New Squad Leaders will be downvoted a lot and therefor maybe wont Play as squad leader anymore.

But the rating is personal, meaning that only the player who voted can see the rating.

The rating data is discreet, it is only meant to help the player itself.

It is similar to keeping an Excel sheet with the Steam ID & rating of every SL in my own PC.

No one sees it, no one knows about it.

But obviously a built-in functionality is much easier.

5 hours ago, Slottin'Floppies said:

I like the idea of a publicly viewable rating system. Maybe make it to where you have to play X amount of hours before you can rate? Also special tags for people that are cancer? 

I prefer to avoid having this rating public, since that this could (but not necessarily) discourage players from becoming SL.

About "Special tag" for people who are cancer - I already suggested the "Chaos" rating, see:

(my second post)

The "Chaos" property can be expanded to include various troubling scenarios.

why not just friend them ?..but kinda like the idea, its not a ranking system as such thank goodness ... most of the time people just add me in steam and vice versa... like the server list it ends up as your favourites...

Edited by embecmom

Simple - Only count the up votes, not the down votes.

If a SL get 20 thumbs up and 50 thumbs down....only the 20 thumbs up will be seen.

5 hours ago, embecmom said:

why not just friend them ?

Because that they aren't my friends.. (?)

1 hour ago, CptDirty said:

Simple - Only count the up votes, not the down votes.

If a SL get 20 thumbs up and 50 thumbs down....only the 20 thumbs up will be seen.

How will you spot troublemakers?

If an SL has been ghosting or making other troubles - about a week later you may forget about him.

You won't know if he did troubles before.

Also the name may be different.

34 minutes ago, dor said:

How will you spot troublemakers?

If an SL has been ghosting or making other troubles - about a week later you may forget about him.

You won't know if he did troubles before.

Also the name may be different.

Well the world ain't perfect and the devs will have to choose one of three options. I'm looking at HOW it can be implemented not necessarily WHAT will be implemented within these constraints: 

Consistent - Personal database for each player regardless if they change nick names as their overall accumulated stats will be linked to their SteamID. Does not reset or erase when player exists the game.

Semi Consistent - Accumulated stats that carry over from one match to another in however long the game session of the player was. If they played 3 rounds they have accumulated stats for those 3 consecutive rounds. Does reset when player exists the game.

Non Consistent - Accumulated stats for one round at a time. Resets at the start of a new round regardless of gaming session length. 

In either 3 cases, the statistics can show only positive feedback to eliminate excessive downvoting from trolls. This way if a SL did really good he/she will have the stats to show for. If the SL did really bad they won't be getting any upvotes and players can assume the obvious...It's a way to sugar coat a shitty personality for the sake of overall better gameplay. You essentially focus on good behavior to keep the atmosphere positive for the next round...Basically what YouTube is doing...

You can go a step further and only show the amount of downvotes to the Squad Leader/Squad Leaders....But that's a different story....

You can't correct bad (intentionally or unintentionally....) behavior but you CAN encourage good behavior :) 

I support the positive feedback including the system you suggested.

Still I think we need someway to alert bad behavior, such as a report button.