Friesen

Seperate sensitivity for aiming AND general game sensitivity

Please my carpal tunnel hurts so bad from this game even though thank you for the update but in this update the aiming is even faster than normal game sensitivity and thus to get good aiming I constantly have to press dpi mouse button and then when not aiming it is extremely difficult for me to turn my body around with such low sensitivity whereas for aiming I need it low in order to aim good. And because of that I just click my dpi button all the time and my carpal tunnel hurts because of lack of sensitivity settings for game in general and the seperate weapon sensitivity like you can configure in other games.

Edited by Friesen

There is an option in settings. I think it's called ADS sensitivity or some such. You're welcome )) I set it to like 0.05

Sorry but I can't see it, the ADS there refers to toggling or holding the aim down sights but not the sensitivity when not aiming.

Could you tell me where exactly it is ?

20180207084052_1.jpg

Edited by Friesen

6 hours ago, Friesen said:

Sorry but I can't see it, the ADS there refers to toggling or holding the aim down sights but not the sensitivity when not aiming.

Could you tell me where exactly it is ?

20180207084052_1.jpg

4th option from the top, it's actually called "aim sensitivity"

Yea and did you read what this thread is about, that there's no general sensitivity when not aiming ? And that sensitivity is only about aiming so there's no general sensitivity when not aiming down sights.

Just now, Friesen said:

Yea and did you read what this thread is about, that there's no general sensitivity when not aiming ? And that sensitivity is only about aiming so there's no general sensitivity when not aiming down sights.

This is about "Seperate sensitivity for aiming". Did you read your own OP? ;D

If you want to change mouse sensitivity in general, use dpi buttons or Windows options. There is no reason to keep changing that.

That title it's just written a bit unfinished as I typed it quickly, it isn't necessarily all wrong, it's just that I left it incomplete and I've fixed it now.

And I just don't get it, how a well established game like Squad can overlook such issue where I literally can't play the game because of my carpal tunnel pain. And with the change of the aiming it's even worse in this update. I wouldn't mind the way it is now if at least you were able to set seperate values for sensitivity for game and aiming down sights like here that is in Darkest Hour 44-45 which btw has less than 1-2 developers working on it and somehow they put into the game without any problem whatsoever ? And yet I can't play Squad because of lack of such simple option ????

20180207153653_1.jpg

There you go, fixed the thread title.

Edited by Friesen

Are you friggin kidding me for this BS that there is no reason to do this ? You are one of those excusers that say everything is ok when my friggin carpal tunnel hurts and I can't play this game simply because they don't bother to add general sensitivity like it's in the game above screenshot?

Do not fkn tell me to use dpi button I already mentioned in the first post how in fact I'm forced to click it almost 95% of the time whenever I need to turn the friggin body in Squad, and then when I'm aiming I have to be clicking dpi button again. Which forces me to stop playing cause I just can't deal with my carpal tunnel pain anymore.

Stop being this jerk and giving me this disinformation and then adding insult to injury and just leave this thread tatzhit ok ? I don't want you anymore in this thread please? And if you do I'll tell mods to stop you posting in my thread.

Edited by Friesen

@Friesen, there is no separate sensitivity setting for ADS afaik, but you could config your Windows sensitivity to smth big like 1200dpi or whatever is suitable for you and drop your "AIM SENSITIVITY" in-game to something low (0.1-0.3). This way you will still have a smooth aiming speed, and it won't be a problem in menus and dialogs. Try to play with the settings to see what suits your best.

A good idea, and one which has been suggested in the Feedback/Suggestion forum a couple of times. I would take it one further and ask that we have sensitivity settings for normal ADS, and "focused" ADS (ie, when holding down [Shift] to steady your aim). Reason being is that I generally like my ADS and normal sensitivity to stay the same, as I often still have the sights up in CQB and want to move quite quickly, whereas when I hold [Shift] to focus, it will be for more accurate shooting at longer range - so would be nice to slow the sensitivity a little. 

6 minutes ago, bravo2zero said:

there is no separate sensitivity setting for ADS afaik, but you could config your Windows sensitivity to smth big like 1200dpi or whatever is suitable for you and drop your "AIM SENSITIVITY" in-game to something low (0.1-0.3). This way you will still have a smooth aiming speed, and it won't be a problem in menus and dialogs. Try to play with the settings to see what suits your best.

But do you understand that the sensitivity will be still low if I'm not aiming and turning body around unless I click the dpi button all the time??? And I can't be clicking dpi button, I usually end up dead before I click in order to move around 90 degrees, turn to enemy and then click dpi button again to be able to aim at the enemy precisely.

Just stop telling me that it's all fine like that and that there doesn't need to be a seperate overall game sensitivity, because it does needs it urgently as I can't currently play without it due to my carpal tunnel pain because of it.

3 minutes ago, DaiaBu said:

A good idea, and one which has been suggested in the Feedback/Suggestion forum a couple of times. I would take it one further and ask that we have sensitivity settings for normal ADS, and "focused" ADS (ie, when holding down [Shift] to steady your aim). Reason being is that I generally like my ADS and normal sensitivity to stay the same, as I often still have the sights up in CQB and want to move quite quickly, whereas when I hold [Shift] to focus, it will be for more accurate shooting at longer range - so would be nice to slow the sensitivity a little. 

Thank you. I mean like shown in the screenshot above it's such a simple feature that's like in the game Darkest Hour 44-45 and yet it isn't in Squad... It's just totally bewildering.

Edited by Friesen