Insanitypays

2 V 1 Faction Gamemodes

With a new engine and larger maps, older ideas that have been written off in PR (such as having multiple blufor/opfor factions) can now be re-examined. 

At first glance the idea can come across as a bit redundant, so I'll elaborate as best I can.

Picture your typical insurgency game involving a combined arms blufor layout and a massive map.
Now split the blufor side to have 2 commanders- one British and one American. Split the map in half based on potential objectives.

Both the US and British have separate bases. The vehicles and weapons are all still faction locked (maybe leave passenger seats open) and both teams start off at relatively distant locations. 

Each BLUFOR team will only see caches pop up within their own faction's AO, however, the commanders will be able to see eachother's units and objectives on the map.

Here's a quick concept to visualize the idea:
Posted Image

As the game goes on, there will be situations in which one of the blufor commanders will need assistance from the other faction. Here are some examples:
*US trans helis are dead, so the commanders coordinate for the British trans squad to help transport+supply US infantry
*British forces need reinforcements at a position and a friendly US squad is nearby
*A Cache is particularly difficult and you need help killing it
*a squad from another faction went down nearby and needs medics to revive them

There are plenty of other likely scenarios in which separate blufor factions could run into eachother and potentially work together on a common objective. (this is made possible by proximity chat)

There could also be situations in which this could be used on a smaller scale: for example, two insurgent forces are fighting and one side has access to a foreign CAS squad

In AAS the allied factions could be two smaller European forces against one large Russian force.

The gameplay advantage here is that one faction gets split into two, allowing for better management without sacrificing scale. At the same time, it makes it more of a challenge for blufor to communicate, giving an opposing faction a slight advantage.

+the obvious coolness factor

With public gameplay especially, this level of coordination is difficult enough when they're all on the same team. Add a divide in communication and it's just another hurdle for the sake of having a different set of kits and vehicles in the same map. Not to mention the potential increase of friendly fire, especially in AAS/Conventional vs. Convential maps.

I don't like the "faction locked vehicles" thing.

There should be a thing at regular army vs regular army, if you return the hostile vehicle to yor main, put your signals on it and reload it with your specific ammo, you could use it.NO at irregular army, as they have little to no modern vehicle expert.

There should be a thing at regular army vs regular army, if you return the hostile vehicle to yor main, put your signals on it and reload it with your specific ammo, you could use it.NO at irregular army, as they have little to no modern vehicle expert.

Again, more friendly fire waiting to occur.

You will check map before that could happen.

You'd be surprised how many times I've seen friendly fire directed towards armour in PR. Add in enemy vehicles being controlled by friendlies and it'd be even more common. Besides, with most instances of fighting armour, you don't have to check the map if you're familiar with which vehicles belong to what factions - If I see a BMP I'm going to know it belongs to the Russian team or a faction using Eastern-bloc equipment, if I see a Bradley I know it belongs to the US - Allowing the use of enemy assets will eliminate that process - By the time you've checked the map, you may not have a shot on the vehicle in question any longer, or even worse your squad's been obliterated by it. In the case that it is friendly, somebody may fire at it before it's been confirmed as such. It's the same deal with taking enemy kits, there's a reason that's no longer possible in PR.

Cant say i like this, it splits the team making it harder to stay organized,

*US trans helis are dead, so the commanders coordinate for the British trans squad to help transport+supply US infantry 
You do realise that introducing another faction to a team wont double the player numbers, many PR maps only have one Chopper and adding another but not having them in the same squad is just going to make organizing trans harder, for both the transsquad themselves as anyone in need of their services.

*British forces need reinforcements at a position and a friendly US squad is nearby

Or just have one faction and request aid from the british squad nearby. splitting a team into two factions doesnt really add anything to this.
*A Cache is particularly difficult and you need help killing it

Once again how is this a good argument for splitting the team into two factions.
*a squad from another faction went down nearby and needs medics to revive them

yeah u know the drill by now.

Furthermore this adds another barrier for new players to get over, they can no longer look at their squad members and available assets upon spawning in Mother base and say "ok this is my friendlys, anything that doesnt look like any of that i need to shoot at" Cause now they upon just starting the game for the first time have to learn the recognizable markers of double the uniforms, weapons and assets and this without even being sure what the enemy team will look like.

Definitely in the back of our minds thats for sure. 

We aren't really setup for it at the moment however on the code side with teams.