Passeeeh

Unplayable since update

Hey Guys,

since the new update i cant play the game anymore. I have only 5-15 fps and i dont get why. My PC specs are better than the recommended. I already deleted the local datas at AppData. Before the update the game was running perfect. I really like the game and would like to play it so can anyone help me?

Clear out your APP% folder and do a verify on files in steam. Increase your pagefile as a added precaution. Then run firing range to check if working. 

unfortunately none of that works still super low fps. on firing range i have 25 but on a server it gets down to 10

what fps did  you have before. try putting everything to low. and graphic setting to defaults. 

Before i dont know how much fps exactly but it was running good. The weird thing is, it doesnt make any difference which settings i use. Everything high i get 10-15fps and everything ulta low i get 10-15fps too

Im looking for fps that i can play the game properly. best would be 60+ 

Processor: Inter Core i7-7700 3.60GHz

Video Card: Geforce GTX 1060 3GB

RAM: 16GB

Edited by Passeeeh

Thats not a bad setup at all, im sure someone knows some other ways to fix it ( verify files via steam, clear app cache again etc.) but imho the thing i would do is just reinstall the game. 12,5gb will be done in around an hour withouth anything else youd have to do.

Hopefully its gonna get fixed this way.

Something obviously went wrong with the update.

Edited by Chew_Kok_Long

i just hope i can fix it somehow, i really like the game but it just pisses me of that out of nowhere i only get 10-15fps...

Make sure you have pre-loaded texture OFF

Also could you tell us what graphic setting you are on right now?

Make sure you do window/GPU updates just to be safe

Have you try to set audio filter on low and play?

the thing is it doesnt matter which graphics settings i use. pre loaded texture are off.

Doesnt update Windows/GPU automaticly?

9 hours ago, Passeeeh said:

AFAIK, GPU doesn't. Just to be safe. Check it manually 

Make sure your page file size is set to automatic for your RAM

I am experienced similar issues but not the same. My computer is by no means up to date but that being said. On most maps even on the V10 free weekend before final release on monday I was getting 40 FPS or better with a very rare drop in the 30s on maps like mestia.  After the monday final v10 release I started getting 10-20 fps on some maps such as mestia, narva, and other eastern Europe maps. Haven't played all maps but seemingly all of the desert maps seem to get around 45-60 fps.  

I am thinking that the trees or grass is causing the issue but no way to verify. it doesn't matter what the graphics settings are for me either on eastern Europe maps.

My rig is pretty old but here is the specs:

I7-950

GTX960

16gb DDR3 ram

ssd harddrive

64BIT WIN 7

Edited by yessnoo

15 hours ago, Passeeeh said:

the thing is it doesnt matter which graphics settings i use. pre loaded texture are off.

Try a little bit of overclocking on that cpu. I would even crank up your ram speed and tweak the timing a bit. What brand/model of ram are your running? 

Turn off all the intel turbo boost and set your cpu multiplier to the turbo max setting. Sounds like your cpu is bogging down, down clocking. 

Edited by Atickler

46 minutes ago, Atickler said:

Try a little bit of overclocking on that cpu. I would even crank up your ram speed and tweak the timing a bit. What brand/model of ram are your running? 

Turn off all the intel turbo boost and set your cpu multiplier to the turbo max setting. Sounds like your cpu is bogging down, down clocking. 

Processor: Inter Core i7-7700 3.60GHz

Video Card: Geforce GTX 1060 3GB

RAM: 16GB

No need to overclock anything (also that is a 7700, non K = no overclocking), those fps are WRONG and OC wont fix it. You cant go from 15 fps to 60 or higher by just oc`ing. Software side issue 99%, <1% hardware failure given the fact that v9 ran properly and he didnt say anything about problems with other games.

Im sorry to say this too but you wrote "im waiting for THE fix". I doubt there will be a fix for your specific problem (MAY BE IM WRONG THOUGH THEN PLS CORRECT ME), you either fix it yourself or...

Thats why one can very well hate computers, consoles are the way to go if you cant be arsed to do this kind of stuff.

Did you ever benchmark your system btw? Ran memtest too? Anyway there shouldnt be a problem when fps pre v10 were fine, something`s wrong with your game files/drivers. Thats only MY SUSPICION. I cant tell from afar.

Did you join the discord and ask someone for help?

Some things you could check though:

CPU/GPU overheating? Install hwmonitor and check temperatures, also check wether the game is using your gpu properly. Try to find out wether the cpu or the gpu is causing the issue. -> Is the game using your dedicated gpu or onboard graphics?

All drivers up to date?

Does your system score properly in benchmarks?

Did you try a clean reinstall of the game via steam? Make sure to delete %appdata%/local/squad folder too. Leave all the other folders ofc only the squad folder.

Open task-manager, give squad high cpu priority and try if it has an effect.

Check Squads nvidia control panel settings.

Check your ingame settings, resolution, etc.

Anything else i missed? If it has nothing to do with any of these things, id have no clue and had to really look into it myself which is impossible. But theres smarter people than me who know more, so ill leave that to those.

Edited by Chew_Kok_Long

To all people. I highly suggest you to make a separate topic if you have same issue with different specs... Easier for the people who are helping and prevents wrong information delivered to the wrong people. 

My fps are from 25-35 i dont actually have any problems with playing the game maybe this fps are not that bad but i am sure in the next time updates will come when the game will be more optimized and we will get a better fps stuff.

3 minutes ago, Bahrein said:

My fps are from 25-35 i dont actually have any problems with playing the game maybe this fps are not that bad but i am sure in the next time updates will come when the game will be more optimized and we will get a better fps stuff.

Yes that may be true but it doesnt help Passeeeh whose hardware is underperforming.

Edited by Chew_Kok_Long

2 minutes ago, Chew_Kok_Long said:

Yes that may be true but it doesnt help Passeeeh whose hardware is underperforming.

Yeah i understand that.And i know how he feels i always had a shitty PC and having hard time playing single player games not to mention multiplayer ones.

thats weird, im running this game at stable 60 fps (on some maps, or i disabled tthe alias options at all) forcing 1.5 scaling and using TXAA blurry antialiasign

im on a gtx 1060 6 gb and i5 7500 here

Edited by tiagobr6