Sign in to follow this  
skyart

Problem joining a squad

Hello I just installed the game on a new pc and it works fine on firing range and servers with few people (up to 20 there is no problem).

When I connect in a server with more than 20 players, I can't join a squad, creat a squad, spawn, talk to anyone by chat or audio, and after a minute or so I get disconnected with an error message : "EAC kicked : connection timed out". 

I had this problem before v10 and I though maybe v10 would solve it but it didn't.

I've seen many people having this issue in many forums but I didn t find any answer that worked in my case (change DNS, ethernet connection, empty steam cahce, uninstall reinstall, launch with administrator ....)

My specs are MSI B350 Tomahawk with AMD Ryzen 5 1600X (16 Go) and GeForce GTX 1060 3GT

Does anyone have a solution ? 

Edited by skyart

Someone got the problem fixed by repairing EAC instead of uninstalling it others did a game user setting reset and simply restarted steam , thats some weird happening and i have no clue how one could help you.

Another person posted in another thread it might have to do with MSI mainboards, since i own an ASUS board i cannot say anything about it my self though. His name on forum is @Soulzz

May be he knows why youre having this issue.

Also, since that is a ryzen cpu and you were referring to "a new pc" - did you do a fresh windows install or did you just change the hardware? Or is that really an entire new system? Seems to me like youve upgraded your pc quite a bit but i could be wrong ofc.

Also, theres actually quite a hand full of people having the same issue, but none of those werent able to fix it. So id recommend trying to fix it instead of waiting for another new update - which wouldnt have any effect on EAC anyway.

Edited by Chew_Kok_Long

It is an entire new pc I just built.

I did reset my setting following advices from forums... It was said to delete the save file in appdata/squad and then to validate the files in steam but now I can't change the control settings anymore so I think I'll have to reinstall the game again. 

Yeah I mean I waited for v10 bacause it was around the corner but now I saw that it doesn't change anything. 

The strangest thing is that earlier I joined a server with 20 ppl and it worked fine eventhough the server got full pretty quick and I didn't have any problem at all, but it is still not possible to join a 30+ player server. 

edit : I just changed to qwerty and for now it seems to work.

Thank you. 

Edited by skyart

Go to your steamapps and in the squad map open the EAC. Should be a teddybear icon if i remember correctly. Select the game (squad) and uninstall, then install again and maybe repair after.

Then restart steam and try again.

That fixes it for me.

I uninstalled reinstalled but it didn't fix it and now I still can't change the moving forward ... controls. 

Then I tried exactly what oTec said but it doesn't work either . I can't understand why it only bugs on servers with 20+people but works perfectly fine in less crowded servers. 

3 hours ago, skyart said:

I uninstalled reinstalled but it didn't fix it and now I still can't change the moving forward ... controls. 

If you're not currently using English as the selected language in the game, try switching to that, rebinding, and then switching back to a preferred language. This is a workaround that is working for some folks with this bug. We're also investigating a possible cause with localization.

Thanks Gatzby, I tried changing language in steam to english,change settings,  connect to a server where I still can't spawn and then switch back to french in steam but no luck, nothing happened. 

It is not really a problem though, I could play in qwerty if only I could play huehuehue. But strangely the vehicule section in the key binding is empty for me ...