Cheetah

Steam Achievements.

2 hours ago, Aello said:

But... why?! What would having them in the game accomplish?

Nothing

5 hours ago, samwiseOrigin said:

soon™

In three weeks.

Edited by Bahrein

On 2/6/2018 at 8:19 AM, Psyrus said:

Perhaps sooner than one thinks...

nTbt83I0R2m7ecYyriWk4g.png

Does anyone know what these two hidden achievements are?

Posted (edited)

But...why, though?
What's the point of Steam achievements in a game like that?
Seriously, I think I'd rather have the devs focus of literally anything else

Edited by Kiwik

3 hours ago, Sparcany said:

I dont think anyone dose.Thy maybe do not exist at all ;-)

17 hours ago, Sparcany said:

Those are acted as a place-holder = Nothing is hidden, Just there to "hold" the place

15 hours ago, Kiwik said:

What's the point of Steam achievements in a game like that?

IIRC, Steam requires you to have it so it's not something developers have choice over it

10 hours ago, samwiseOrigin said:

Those are acted as a place-holder = Nothing is hidden, Just there to "hold" the place

IIRC, Steam requires you to have it so it's not something developers have choice over it

Yes, but that's the point. Why would we need something more than placeholder achievements, right now? 
OP is asking when we're getting real achievements, and I don't see the need for any of that.

Yes, but that's the point. Why would we need something more than placeholder achievements, right now? 
OP is asking when we're getting real achievements, and I don't see the need for any of that.

It has nothing to do with the currnt development. 

As i stated before These are the requirement asked by steam. 

The achievement may or may not be added in the future. This does not hinder current development of the game.

9 minutes ago, samwiseOrigin said:

The achievement may or may not be added in the future. This does not hinder current development of the game.

Makes sense to me. Might be fun to have an achievement for booting the game or completing a match just to track how many people actually buy the game and play it.

On 6/9/2018 at 4:05 AM, samwiseOrigin said:

Again, you miss the point. I'm not saying the current achievements we have hinder the development or anything. 

But the OP is asking whether we're getting new achievements, real achievements, and I'm just saying that I personally do not think these are necessary in a game like Squad.

1 minute ago, Kiwik said:

Again, you miss the point. I'm not saying the current achievements we have hinder the development or anything. 

But the OP is asking whether we're getting new achievements, real achievements, and I'm just saying that I personally do not think these are necessary in a game like Squad.

They're not necessary, but could be beneficial if the right achievements are created. Some gamers like achievements, and will actively seek to complete as much as they can. Some examples below of what type of achievements could benefit Squad by promoting teamwork;

Tier of achievements : Cherry - Experienced - Veteran               

• Revive 50 - 100 - 150 Friendlies
  • Get 1000 - 2500 - 5000 Medical points
  • Supply 5000 - 10,000 - 15,000 Building or Ammo points
  • Destroy 25 - 50 - 100 enemy vehicles
  • Capture 25 - 50 - 100 Objectives
  • Get 1000 - 2500 - 5,000 capture points

44 minutes ago, Dubs said:

They're not necessary, but could be beneficial if the right achievements are created. Some gamers like achievements, and will actively seek to complete as much as they can. Some examples below of what type of achievements could benefit Squad by promoting teamwork;

why not make some Training achievements?  People keep complaining that new players dont run through the training with weapons and SL stuff, make some training ground achievements and add a medal (as it seems to be important to some) that it was completed.

57 minutes ago, Dubs said:

I see your idea, but I still disagree.
Achievements are an incentive for players to play a certain way, and thus would influence player behaviour in a game.

Sure, that might have some positive consequences, maybe that medic that usually plays for himself will decide he can spare a patch this time, but after all, isn't the scoring system for that already? I understand that achievements might be more motivating than mere scoreboards, but efficiency in Squad cannot be quantified by kills/revives/assists or whatever. A soldier should act upon necessity after careful consideration, not to chase some illusion achievement.

"Why did you try and get him up, he was under heavy fire?!" 

"But I'm only one revive away from the achievement!"

"....And now you're also dead."

What I am saying is, you do not want your medic taking unnecessary risks and getting killed because he wants that achievement, or a random rifleman opening fire at the worst moment possible to get one more kill. More often than not, it's better to hold and live than to die stupidly. 

TL;DR: In a game like Squad, player behaviour should be dictated by necessity, not achievements.

Edited by Kiwik

9 minutes ago, Kiwik said:

I see your idea, but I still disagree.
Achievements are an incentive for players to play a certain way, and thus would influence player behaviour in a game.

Sure, that might have some positive consequences, maybe that medic that usually plays for himself will decide he can spare a patch this time, but after all, isn't the scoring system for that already? I understand that achievements might be more motivating than mere scoreboards, but efficiency in Squad cannot be quantified by kills/revives/assists or whatever. A soldier should act upon necessity after careful consideration, not to chase some illusion achievement.

"Why did you try and get him up, he was under heavy fire?!" 

"But I'm only one revive away from the achievement!"

"....And now you're also dead."

What I am saying is, you do not want your medic taking unnecessary risks and getting killed because he wants that achievement, or a random rifleman opening fire at the worst moment possible to get one more kill. More often than not, it's better to hold and live than to die stupidly. 

TL;DR: In a game like Squad, player behaviour should be dictated by necessity, not achievements.

an unnecessary risk during squad is me sticking a screw driver into my pc powerunit.. other than that.. you respawn.

12 minutes ago, embecmom said:

an unnecessary risk during squad is me sticking a screw driver into my pc powerunit.. other than that.. you respawn.

And you lose a ticket. When everyone does that, that's how you lose a game.

6 hours ago, embecmom said:

its a game there are no unnecessary risks.... I think you should be thankful someone wanted to take the medic role in the first place

I would really rather have no medic than have a medic achievement hunting across the map to heal and revive people

7 minutes ago, OVKHuman said:

I would really rather have no medic than have a medic achievement hunting across the map to heal and revive people

You would rather lose tickets and games than have someone gets a little steam popup? What?

OP has asked 'when' we were going to get the achievements and I have explained that this is just a place-holder  at this moment.

I don't understand What am I missing from OP's question