Cheetah

Steam Achievements.

Whats with the fun police? 9_9

If it's not terribly hard to do, why not? I can see them being fun, and given that squad has no rank/level progression, giving players a little something to work towards is not a bad thing.

Either way, I highly doubt the devs are putting off tanks or the like to work on achievements. Sometimes during a project's life cycle, resources (people) will inevitably free up from time to time, freeing up the bandwidth to work on such things.    

21 hours ago, samwiseOrigin said:

OP has asked 'when' we were going to get the achievements and I have explained that this is just a place-holder  at this moment.

I don't understand What am I missing from OP's question 

Right now, we have two achievements, those place-holders you mentioned.
When Op asks 'when' we're getting achievements, he means 'real' achievements. Thus, the question here is whether or not Squad is ever getting 'real' achievements, and also, in my personal opinion, whether it should.

We know those two are place-holders, you've made that clear, but that's not what OP was asking.

2 hours ago, Kiwik said:

Right now, we have two achievements, those place-holders you mentioned.
When Op asks 'when' we're getting achievements, he means 'real' achievements. Thus, the question here is whether or not Squad is ever getting 'real' achievements, and also, in my personal opinion, whether it should.

We know those two are place-holders, you've made that clear, but that's not what OP was asking.

Nothing is known at this moment

On 6/13/2018 at 10:05 PM, Kiwik said:

I see your idea, but I still disagree.
Achievements are an incentive for players to play a certain way, and thus would influence player behaviour in a game.

Sure, that might have some positive consequences, maybe that medic that usually plays for himself will decide he can spare a patch this time, but after all, isn't the scoring system for that already? I understand that achievements might be more motivating than mere scoreboards, but efficiency in Squad cannot be quantified by kills/revives/assists or whatever. A soldier should act upon necessity after careful consideration, not to chase some illusion achievement.

"Why did you try and get him up, he was under heavy fire?!" 

"But I'm only one revive away from the achievement!"

"....And now you're also dead."

What I am saying is, you do not want your medic taking unnecessary risks and getting killed because he wants that achievement, or a random rifleman opening fire at the worst moment possible to get one more kill. More often than not, it's better to hold and live than to die stupidly. 

TL;DR: In a game like Squad, player behaviour should be dictated by necessity, not achievements.

What you mention is only one potential outcome of what could happen, and already does happen, just with out the achievement being there - Some medics already take silly risks, just because they want more action or just because they have an aggressive play style, sometimes taking stupid risks is needed depending on the situation also. People think independently and act based on their thoughts, their likes and dislikes - Which is why the medic role is currently played many ways, most of them not so good lol 

If an achievement like it comes, sure it may attract a few of the silly risk type players, hunting to finish their achievement - But it would also attract players who would still play properly, with everything comes a positive and a negative. I rather more medics healing and reviving, than those medics who use the role as a personal healing role to rambo behind enemy lines - or the medic who doesn't want to be a medic and only is because SL made him, resulting in him playing like a rifleman and only reviving 1 or 2 friendlies the whole match.