thryckz

My Squad Wishlist / Bug list [7/26]

Me and my friend just literally sit in Skype and jot down everything that squad should add; this is our list so far

I also understand that it is pre-alpha and most of these features are either considered or dumped already.

I'm trying my best to ignore the addition of stuff that is obviously going to be added such as bi-pods and scopes.

SOME STUFF THAT NEEDS TO BE ADDED/CHANGED:

1) Faster weapon switching

Please make them quicker, it's not in anyway realistic that Half Life 3 could be confirmed before I get my sidearm out.

2) Larger FOV / ACOG ADS

The ACOG scope is a really buzzkill in the game because the scope obstructs a large portion of your screen when aiming down the sight.

3) Offline bots

I like squad. The fact you're going to take it away from me until next testing weekend is going to be brutal. Bots would be nice or at least a "kill house" map in the future. It can't be that hard of a feature to implement as Unreal already natively supports AI and the editor has flowgraph presets for the behavior already.

4) Shovel melee

Me and my friend always dabble with FOBs and there's been a few times where the opposing team sneaked up on us and we couldn't do anything because the damned weapon switching animations are slow.

5) Checking for round in the chamber

Similar to Red Orchestra 2, a player should be allowed to hold R and check to see if a round is loaded before engaging into combat.

6) Put pin back into grenade

There's been a few times where I was going to throw a grenade but then realized I was going to throw it at a teammate.

7) Mortars, IED's, Suicide Cars, Civilian Collaborators, Mines

Back in PR, these just made being the bad guys all too fun to be and added a new unconventional strategy set to the mod. This is one of the features i really hope to see in Squad.

8) Trenches & Fox Holes

A cool addition to have for covering purposes as RPG's & LAW's seem to be the weapon of choice for attacking FOB's. Will be even a better addition if mortars are introduced to the game.

9) More tickets?

Why so low?

10) Wildlife

Birds, Goats & more Goats.

11) Highlight build stakes when you're able to build it up

I sometimes put sandbags on top of each other or the roadblock on top of sandbags but that makes it hard for the soldiers who are building it up to actually build the desired item and it takes a few mins to "test" out the different angles to build upon.

12) Rotate structure / move structure on X,Y?\

Would be a nice feature to have as building intricate fob's require some precision that just isn't possible right now.

13) Vaulting

When a jump is not enough.

14) Freelook / TrackIR

I haven't actually saw one of the devs confirm the addition of this which makes me nervous. I know TrackIR has to approve the translation of the SDK to the game but at least add a simple free look so we don't have to take our gun off of the target.

15) Blood (Gore?)

Just for visual feedback that your shot was a hit. Gore however is another story. I'm not talking about Soldier of Fortune gore, just some gibs for when a grenade goes under us.

16) Ability to choose preset faces or customize your own

Would be a neat little addition that will just make me love squad even more.

17) Deployable camouflaged netting / tarp

This will benefit the most from airborne vehicles and players on a slope, however you can also put the net down at a angle which protects against infantry if the netting is deployed from the side

18) "Bullet Punch"

When your a hit by a bullet, your body will be somewhat afflicted by having your recoil raised and your center of crosshair on a linear sway pattern.

BUGS:

1) M249 is poking out of groin area.

Not sure how this is replicated, but I believe it happens after crouching then standing and just the placement of the gun doesn't load.

2) T-Menu / Command Menu doesn't load

This normally happens whenever it wants but I can sometimes replicate it after either another key is pressed whilst in the menu, you alt-tab out of the game with the menu open, or you close the menu really fast after opening it.

3) Pressing "Join Game" when no server is selected bugs out the game.

At least for me, it won't allow you to connect to a game server and I have to restart.

4) Servers sometimes break when loading a new map.

It will just show the "splashscreen" of either a "skybox" or a location of the map and never actually start the game until a few minutes after or a rejoin.

5) Players are ghosted (maybe when leaving?)

I just came across it for the first time. It happened twice in the same match. I think it's when they have left the match, they're model is still there and lingers there for a few mins before disappearing.

Very nice list, but (luckilly) most of the suggestions you had are already in development or planned for the future.

It is pre-alpha after all :)

Also, the slow weapon switching is an intended feature. Especially with the LAW/RPG, it is meant to make you think before you switch weapons (and in the Anti-tank roles having a team mate cover you and make you consider when your rocket launcher it is needed)

I agree switching the weapon should stay as it is. It would ruin the tactical aspect of the game and would make it very arcadish like call of duty.

I agree switching the weapon should stay as it is. It would ruin the tactical aspect of the game and would make it very arcadish like call of duty.

But it is insanely unrealistic.

Pulling out your sidearm and switching to and from your grenade launcher should be a lot quicker. Not being able to do anything after you miss a full mag at an angry insurgent running towards you is very infuriating. 

Edit: I do however agree with the launcher switch speed

Pulling out your sidearm and switching to and from your grenade launcher should be a lot quicker. Not being able to do anything after you miss a full mag at an angry insurgent running towards you is very infuriating. 

Edit: I do however agree with the launcher switch speed

If you missed a full magazine on an enemy running directly at you you should be taking your shots more carefully, and it is mostly your fault if not all.

Unless you have personally had combat experience running around with how many pounds of equipment on and switching between weapons, you can't really say it's unrealistic. The player has to turn on his rifle's safety, either clip it to his chest or sling it, then get his pistol out of its holster-off safety- then fire.

They model their animations with their multiple Military Advisor's guidance and don't cut corners like COD, where the player may as well have just thrown his rifle into the dirt and the pistol materialized in his hands ready to fire ;)

BUGS:

1) M249 is poking out of groin area.

Not sure how this is replicated, but I believe it happens after crouching then standing and just the placement of the gun doesn't load.

2) T-Menu / Command Menu doesn't load

This normally happens whenever it wants but I can sometimes replicate it after either another key is pressed whilst in the menu, you alt-tab out of the game with the menu open, or you close the menu really fast after opening it.

3) Pressing "Join Game" when no server is selected bugs out the game.

At least for me, it won't allow you to connect to a game server and I have to restart.

4) Servers sometimes break when loading a new map.

It will just show the "splashscreen" of either a "skybox" or a location of the map and never actually start the game until a few minutes after or a rejoin.

I can only comment on the bugs: 

1. We are aware of this

2. If you can replicate this, it would be most helpful. T menu is only available to squad leaders, assuming this is when the problem occurs.

3. I will replicate this and add to bug trackers

4. This should be something server side, I ask around.

If you missed a full magazine on an enemy running directly at you you should be taking your shots more carefully, and it is mostly your fault if not all.

Unless you have personally had combat experience running around with how many pounds of equipment on and switching between weapons, you can't really say it's unrealistic. The player has to turn on his rifle's safety, either clip it to his chest or sling it, then get his pistol out of its holster-off safety- then fire.

They model their animations with their multiple Military Advisor's guidance and don't cut corners like COD, where the player may as well have just thrown his rifle into the dirt and the pistol materialized in his hands ready to fire ;)

I was merely using "missing a full mag" as an example of a situation where you need to switch to your sidearm quickly. Whether I do or do not have combat experience is completely irrelevant. In my opinion sidearms should be accessible quicker. https://youtu.be/aJRcBbCa7JA?t=1m2s

Soldiers in the United States military are trained to be able to switch between their sidearm and primary as quickly as possible. In my opinion, squad doesn't model that correctly. Someone who is physically fit should be able to deploy their weapons in about two seconds.

lol @ #7, i know you made it clear you realize were still in CPA phase but geezus, that could be its own wishlist in itself.

i agree with pistol and grenade launcher being a little bit quicker, especially the sidearm -- you should always have that as a quick way to react if for any reason your primary isnt as quick. but also -- not every US soldier deployed has a sidearm on them. so theres also that

- Corpses should stay on ground a bit more .. up to 10 minutes.

- Possibility to pick up bandages from corpses and medikits from medics.

- Add possibility for squad members mark enemies on map, at least visible inside squad only. Squad leader can share it for all team if he want.

- Decrease spawn delay at least on 30 %

- Extend small maps that currently 800 m * 1000 m.

Get back smoke during fire to the game. And add more muzzles during fire.

On current soap picture instead game screen, sound one and only way to find enemy.